Topic: I made up this card, wanna know what you guys think

All it is.

{B} Sorcery
Draw 2 cards. Your life total becomes 5.

I realize card advantage is great, but the cost of this card makes it really scary to play early game. The cost late game can turn into gaining life, so many that may be broken. I don't know. What do you guys think of it? Kinda cool with fateful hour. You don't actually gain life, or lose life, your life total becomes, so no shenanigans with target opponent loses life you lost, you gain life you lost this turn. Unless, that would make it less broken?

There's a poll question too.

Re: I made up this card, wanna know what you guys think

I think it is an interesting concept, but you're wrong about part of it which would probably break the card in general.

From the rules:

118.5. If an effect sets a player’s life total to a specific number, the player gains or loses the necessary
amount of life to end up with the new total.

Thats what i thought... Is there a way to word to avoid that problem?

I have a way... awfully roundabout though.
You could use Suspend... knock a counter off every time you take damage. You'd have to add a counter every turn to prevent autodeath 5 turns in; something like this:

{B} Sorcery
Draw 2 cards. Exile [CARD] with 5 time counters on it.
  At the beginning of your upkeep, add a time counter to [CARD].
  Whenever you take damage, remove a time counter from [CARD]
  When you would cast [CARD], if it wasn't from your hand, you lose the game instead.
  Suspend

Suspend is an interesting idea, as is the card, the issue is that you'd have to say

"{B} Draw 2 cards then exile [Card] with 5 time counters on it. If [Card] is cast from anywhere but your hand you lose the game."

Because suspend just casts the card. I also don't think this would see very much play, it would have to be like {B}{B} with draw 4-5 cards and 2 time counters otherwise it doesn't have a spot, 2 cards isn't worth 15 life in the short term but late game 2 cards and gain life for B is too good and giving someone 5 turns to win is often enough in combo decks which would possibly use the card for easy card draw. It's a cool idea but I don't know if I think it could be printed in the foreseeable future.