Topic: MtG: Gatecrash, issues and fixes, next release plans

Hello everyone,

Good news for the eager deckbuilders! Gatecrash is now imported: http://deckbox.org/games/mtg/cards?f=53113

The new cards will be marked standard legal on February 1, as per wizard's own validity rules (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Resour … frstandard).

Fixes

The release in december came and went, and we've had a bunch of issues and discussions crop up, as it's normal. We want to thank again everybody who provided feedback, ideas, opinions and bug reports, it helps us a lot. You guys rock! smile

Some of the bigger fixes deployed today are:

• editing counts on trade pages in Firefox and IE

• editing wishlist card counts in wishlists now works again

• signed flag is now properly displayed in collection listings

Forum subscription settings

The default value of the forum notification subscription setting has changed this week to on. This means that whenever you make a new post, the little checkbox under the post text Subscribe to this topic is on by default, it used to be off.

If you do not wish to subscribe to email notifications on topics, please choose Profile from the top forum menu, then Settings and uncheck the option called Subscribe to topics by default when posting.

Coming up, new release

As we've promised, we have a new release coming up (named 2.1, for the version number fans out there smile). Currently we're hoping for either 2nd of February or 9th, depending on our progress and other bugs showing up, etc.

It will contain a rewrite of the trading opportunities, which will have a dedicated page and nice filters for user trade score, last login and other goodies.

We're also long overdue to import some editions which were not listed on gatherer, and we will try to get them in for this release (like Renaissance, Anthologies and Deckmaster).

There's also another small surprise feature coming, which we're not announcing, since you know... what's life without little surprises? tongue

Happy deckbuilding!

Re: MtG: Gatecrash, issues and fixes, next release plans

In addition Knights vs Dragons cards also have a price now, they were listed as 0$ when you selected that duel deck as version.

Also, we did not forget about the sortability of the Inventory / Tradelist / Wishlist count columns, we know you guys want it back. It will be in 2.1!

Last edited by sebi (2013-01-23 22:54:21)

You added Korean! W00t

sebi wrote:

There's also another small surprise feature coming, which we're not announcing, since you know... what's life without little surprises? tongue

What could it be? Token templates featuring Sebi and Laura (e.g., human token, soldier token)?

tongue

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

yikes Oh my, i barely wrote on the forum and I'm already perceived as a solider... But... if I were a token I would definitely be an elf wink

sebi wrote:

It will contain a rewrite of the trading opportunities, which will have a dedicated page and nice filters for user trade score, last login and other goodies.

This is excellent news.  Thanks for the updates!

laura wrote:

yikes Oh my, i barely wrote on the forum and I'm already perceived as a solider... But... if I were a token I would definitely be an elf wink

Elf Warrior tokens for my Rhys deck?

laura wrote:

I just presented those as general examples (otherwise, I would have noted them with "i.e.").  tongue

BUT...If you guys did create some token templates with Deckbox.org information on the back side, I'd print them and pass them around at my LGS and at events.  More folks need to know about the best MTG inventory site on the Net.

HikingStick wrote:
laura wrote:

I just presented those as general examples (otherwise, I would have noted them with "i.e.").  tongue

BUT...If you guys did create some token templates with Deckbox.org information on the back side, I'd print them and pass them around at my LGS and at events.  More folks need to know about the best MTG inventory site on the Net.

This is very doable with Magic Set Editor, if this sounds of interest to you guys, I know I'd pass em around as well

Dibsies on being a squirrel token! smile

While we're talking token cards, the guys at MTGS went through and made a list of every token that can be generated, with scans where available:

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=84854

I know I would love a set of Deckbox tokens, put it on Kickstarter or etsy or ebay or something!

nice filters for user trade score, last login and other goodies.

Is it possible to get a filter for how much overlap there is in wishlists/tradelists?

Do you think you could add the power and toughness columns back to the decklists?  thanks!

Gugliacci wrote:

nice filters for user trade score, last login and other goodies.

Is it possible to get a filter for how much overlap there is in wishlists/tradelists?

Yes, we'll probably provide a column for the amount of overlap and sort the listing by default by how many cards you can exchange.

madoli wrote:

Do you think you could add the power and toughness columns back to the decklists?  thanks!

Sure, will do. I thought I added them back when I did for inventories, but it seems i missed them.

Something I missed in the list: Statis Cell from the Dissension series isn't available.

Having some user-controllable filters would be nice. For example:

• show traders who will trade by mail, local, or both.

• trader rating (e.g., choose not to show partners with <x rating.

• show only users logged in during the past x days.

• show only users who need x items on my tradelist (no detail match).

• show only users who need x items on my tradelist (where details match).

• show users who want cards I have in inventory

• enter a card (or, better, a list of them) and find users who want that (those) card(s).

I think you already have some of these planned.  I just capture the thoughts as they come.

HikingStick wrote:

Having some user-controllable filters would be nice. For example:

• show traders who will trade by mail, local, or both.

• trader rating (e.g., choose not to show partners with <x rating.

• show only users logged in during the past x days.

• show only users who need x items on my tradelist (no detail match).

• show only users who need x items on my tradelist (where details match).

• show users who want cards I have in inventory

• enter a card (or, better, a list of them) and find users who want that (those) card(s).

added:

• show only users who have x items on my wishlist (no detail match).

• show only users who have x items on my wishlist(where details match).

• Ideally all of above would be sortable, or at least the # of items/matches

Also: What are your thoughts in terms of the main criteria being VALUE instead of NUMBER OF CARDS? e.g., I think (if I had to choose), that I'd prefer dollar value that I can send/receive over number of cards. Some people only have one or two cards I want, but they're higher-value cards. I think the value we can trade is more indicative of a good potential trade than just the number of cards by itself (of course, having both would be nice).

Great point about the value of cards!  There are lots of trading opportunities for me where someone wants 10 cards from me, but those 10 cards are not worth the price of postage.

How are things coming along? I'm going to be that project manager and say "It's the 9th...." tongue

Can't wait to see the new trading tools.

Good to know I'm not the only one waiting impatiently for the new version. big_smile

baughb wrote:

How are things coming along? I'm going to be that project manager and say "It's the 9th...." tongue

There were some setbacks smile. Still working on the promised feature set though, but it will not be ready by this  weekend. I'm hopeful for the one after that though.

You know how it is with scheduling free time for productive things... sometimes you're tired after the dayjob, other times you go out for a movie or have guests... it's always fluctuating smile

Hey - this is free and awesome.  I have no complaints!

sebi wrote:
baughb wrote:

There were some setbacks smile. Still working on the promised feature set though, but it will not be ready by this  weekend. I'm hopeful for the one after that though.

You know how it is with scheduling free time for productive things... sometimes you're tired after the dayjob, other times you go out for a movie or have guests... it's always fluctuating smile

No, this the absolute wrong way to go about this! You are suppose to dedicate your life to this free service until it's perfect!

Actually, just joking man big_smile this is a great site already, you just keep doing what you do.

Hi, Deckbox team!
I don't know if you can fit this into the next round of upgrades, but I had a couple of suggestions (sorry if there is a better place to post this). 

When I click "I have received the cards" in a trade, it gives me the option to add the cards to my inventory and remove them from my wishlist.  This is a good feature, but I'd like to see two changes: When the card is added to my inventory, can deckbox update the other instances of the card already in my inventory?  For example, I had an Urza's Legacy Rancor and I got an M13 Rancor in a trade.  When I sorted my inventory by last added, it only showed the M13 Rancor that I just got.  I prefer to see them grouped.  I know there have been discussions about grouping cards, so maybe this will be taken care of by another means.

The second issue is removing from the wishlist.  I had 3 Rancors on my wishlist with no edition specified.  If possible, I would like the newly added Rancor from the trade to knock my wishlist down to 2, even though they don't technically match (no edition vs. M13).

As always, thanks for an absolutely amazing site!