Topic: Gatecrash Preoders from Evolution Gaming Store:have you gotten yours

Less than 24 hours after disputing the charge on WEPAY, I got the following:

Thanks for your help throughout this process. After carefully reviewing the information provided by both parties we have decided to reverse the following payment.

Transaction Summary (Dispute ID: xxxxxx)
To: EVO Gaming eStore Credit Card Number: MasterCard xxxxxxxxxx
Items:
0 x GATECRASH Booster Box - Magic: The Gathering. FREE SHIPPING!
Amount: $89.99
Date: Nov 7th, 2012
Reason for Dispute: I did not receive the item/service that was to be shipped

The payment will be refunded to you immediately, though it may take a few days to appear.

If you have any questions please email support@wepay.com

Never buying from them again

Hi was silly enough to buy one, emailed them to ask if I'd get emailed when it's been shipped with a tracking number. All they said was, they have been busy, but we'd get an email. They still haven't shipped. What has been your experience?

to:     <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>
date:     Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM
subject:     Re: A message from your contact form

Hello XXXXXXX,

As you can imagine, we were crazy busy in store yesterday with the release. Our last tournament ended at 4am! As a result, I am just now getting to our emails.

UPS delivered the bulk of our order yesterday evening after 7pm and as a result, we are behind with our shipments. We have a lot of orders to prepare and are processing shipments as quickly as we can. You will receive an email once your order is shipped,

Thank you for your patience!
- George w/EVO Gaming eStore

On Feb 1, 2013, at 2:07 PM, service@foxyform.com wrote:

>
> Name:    XXXXXXX
> E-Mail:    XXXXXXXXXXXX
> Subject:    pre-ordered Gatecrash boxes
> Message:    Hi,
> I wanted to know when you will begin shipping preordered gate crash booster boxes. Will we receive an email, tracking number? Thanks!

Last edited by drnaturalist (2013-02-14 19:18:18)

Re: Gatecrash Preoders from Evolution Gaming Store:have you gotten yours

I ordered a Gatecrash box through them and have been having the same problem.  I emailed them the monday after it came out and they said the same thing.  Busy with release weekend, ect.  I emailed them again yesterday and they said that they had sent out one batch of preorders but ran out of stock to cover them all.  Supposedly they sent out a mass email saying such but I never got it.  Their response was that they were going to be getting a second shipment in this week and getting them out to everyone else.

I'm personally giving them until friday to ship me my box before requesting a refund but I am done using them for preorders.  AlterRealityGames was the same price (+ shipping) and I got my booster box on Feb 2.

Still waiting to hear back. They said they got a bum shipment of product the first time and would get the rest of the product by yesterday. Have yet to hear anything. E-mailed them again today.

@crd319 thanks for that info, I never got that mass email they claimed to have sent. I have bought singles from AlterRealityGames but a NM reflecting pool had a vertical crease (they only offered store credit, their shipping was prohibitive for the 8 bucks or whatever, I just kept my clearly damaged card). But maybe I'll give their sealed product a second try.

Same.  I just asked them to 1UU my order and they did so within 24 hours.  They didn't give me any problems about it.

Last edited by MarsGaming (2013-02-13 20:21:44)

they didn't send out a mass email about the delays from what I understand- I got one after I poked them about it's status on the 2nd...poked them again yesterday and  that nudged them enough to get it shipped out later that day, so you might try the same.

Profile  |  Tradelist   |  Wishlist

darcet wrote:

they didn't send out a mass email about the delays from what I understand- I got one after I poked them about it's status on the 2nd...poked them again yesterday and  that nudged them enough to get it shipped out later that day, so you might try the same.

Yeah, I had to prod to get any kind of response, but that was after the release weekend. Prodding this week hasn't resulted in much.

I and two other friends have sent one email yesterday and one today. Still nothing to anyone. Haven't heard from them in a week. Friend is calling later today, will keep you posted.

I'll add to the group that has received no communication from them nor my preorder.

These were the guys that were selling boxes for a crazy price right? like 85$ a box or something?

I only trade domestically, thanks!
Always trading for guru or judge foil lands.
Buying Thread | Reddit MTG Trade Thread | Tradelist | Wishlist

Vincentarasin wrote:

These were the guys that were selling boxes for a crazy price right? like 85$ a box or something?

Correct. And in that thread someone posted that they had this exact problem in the past and would advise against it. Only reason I ordered one from them was because I missed the preorder at my local shop for $80. Won't be making that mistake again!

Wholesale cost is $77/box. So it's a "valid" price.. just... rare.

Glad I didn't bother, but then again I get my own supply smile

I only trade domestically, thanks!
Always trading for guru or judge foil lands.
Buying Thread | Reddit MTG Trade Thread | Tradelist | Wishlist

Just got an e-mail saying my order is "going out." No further details, so we'll see what that means.

Got an email saying they are still catching up and I will get an email when my order is shipped.

Updated- wepay is refunding my purchase. Did it straight through them.

Garuda wrote:

with all these issues and others in the same boat.  I am curious, was purchasing a box from them worth it?  I would like to buy boxes cheaper than ebay or my LGS.

Assuming they do follow through and deliver the goods, I guess it depends on how much you care getting them right away.

If you don't mind the poor communication and the late delivery, it's still a pretty good price for what you do eventually get. If you have any sort of time frame that you would like to be sure you get your boxes in, I would look elsewhere.

I'm not in a hurry, so while it's frustrating that the communication was so poor, in the end I will still be happy with the price I paid when I do get my order.

Just as a follow-up. I was told a week ago my stuff was getting shipped and still have not received confirmation or a tracking number. This is bordering on the ludicrous now.

LOL thanks for the update, sorry to hear about that.  Many more people came forward on Reddit- http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/commen … ing_store/

I waited for a long time on this also. I did get a email from USPS with a tracking number two days ago. The tracking number didn't work tho (I think its just the delivery confirmation one). I'm hoping to get it in the next couple days. I will also never be buying from them again.

Last edited by atomicashes (2013-02-20 06:55:42)

atomicashesToday 06:55:19
I waited for a long time on this also. I did get a email from USPS with a tracking number two days ago. The tracking number didn't work tho (I think its just the delivery confirmation one). I'm hoping to get it in the next couple days. I will also never be buying from them again.

i told you about evo gaming, this happened with my return to ravnica preorder

http://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5266

Deadgumby wrote:

atomicashesToday 06:55:19

i told you about evo gaming, this happened with my return to ravnica preorder

Yes you did! Had to learn the hard way I guess. smile