Topic: Delete old profiles.

Can we have someone go through and delete the people that have not logged on in like a year?  Its annoying going through to see if someone needs/has a card and seeing all those inactive profiles. hmm

Re: Delete old profiles.

Perhaps rather than delete, perhaps "flag as inactive" would be better.  I'd hate to end up in a situation where I'm offline for a year--due to serious injury or illness--only to find out that my profile (and inventory) have been deleted.

If the system would flag anyone who has not been online in the past three months (perhaps less) as inactive, and keep them out of the trading opportunities pane by default, I think that would be a great improvement.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

That would work! big_smile

+1 to this suggestion, seriously.

+1 for this idea too smile

I personally haven't had this issue, but I still think it's a great idea!

I think this will more likely be solved by the new trade interface that is in the works, that will hopefully have the option to filter out inactive users.

We always assumed that the 'Last seen online' section on the user's profile is enough of an indicator for the user's recent activity. Isn't it?

http://i.imgur.com/5zDZngV.png

laura wrote:

We always assumed that the 'Last seen online' section on the user's profile is enough of an indicator for the user's recent activity. Isn't it?

http://i.imgur.com/5zDZngV.png

I think the issue is more wading through those profiles.  For instance, if I search for a bunch of people with a certain card in their wishlist, more often than not 75% of those people have not been online in the last month.  If that is the case, I'm not going to bother trying to start a trade with them because they likely won't respond, but it is impossible to know which of the people in that original list are active or not without clicking on every single profile.  It would be much nicer to be able to filter those people out upfront instead of having to wade through them.

Yes that is exactly what I am talking about.

Ah, now I see. As you might know, we are working on a new trading opportunities page that will offer many filtering options. Users' activity and last login date will also be among these filters. smile