Topic: You have $50 to spend on any selection of cards. What do you buy?

As the title states, you have fifty dollars and the entirety of magic history to select from. What do you get and why? I'm looking for cards that are always useful and applicable, that always hold their value, or that will always be good trading fodder.

Re: You have $50 to spend on any selection of cards. What do you buy?

Assuming that you play either casual formats or Legacy, I would look at picking up any playables from the Scars of Mirrodin block that you're missing and that you like to play.  This is probably the low point price-wise for cards like Green Sun's Zenith, Sword of Body and Mind, Surgical Extraction and others from this block (though maybe not yet for Sword of War and Peace).

I'd probably stock up on shock lands.  They see play in all the major formats, and will even hold their value after standard rotation.

I've been contemplating the same question myself.  I got a $50 CoolStuffInc.com gift code, and have been trying to figure out what to buy (especially since Goblin Sharpshooter is out of stock).  I thought about the RtR shock lands, but I've also recently started playing EDH, so found lots of cards I'd like to have.

[SIGH]

I guess it is a good problem to have.

Anyone looking for something I can buy for you, to trade for your Goblin Sharpshooters? Perhaps I'll post a thread on that in my trade community...

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

I would spend it on cards I am missing from my favorite expansion, Mirrodin (the one released in oct '03) I've got fond memories of the release day, actually participated in a release party and took 3rd in a teams tournament, that the fact I and enjoy artifacts. Should probably make an artifact deck someday.

If I was given $50 to spend I would probably pick up a couple Fetch Lands, or buy something rare that I would not normally see to often or have the cards to trade for.  Something really kool like a Chaos Orb, Shahrazad, or  Ali from Cairo.  Awesome cards that are totally fun to play with regardless that they are banned (except the Ali) and which are never going to be reprinted.  But that's just me smile

By the way if anyone wants to trade any of those cards shoot me a message smile

If I really want something good, I would get a innistrad or a mirridon fat pack or alot of booster packs. I would not waist my money on premade decks. they're not worth it.If I had any left over money,I would spend it on foil singles and card sleeves:D.

Last edited by cbishop (2013-02-01 18:25:06)

I'd get as many shocklands as I possibly could, or maybe even as many Scars of Mirrodin fast-lands. Relatively stable value and used in every format. I wouldn't get anything that's currently Standard-legal.

Very interesting question!With 50$ I would probably buy some boosters and I would do a specific order surely including a planeswalker or a mythic card...

I love Angels!!

Get a couple Snapcaster Mages and a shock land that you're msising.

http://pwp.wizards.com/5101686590/Scorecards/Landscape.png

Probably a holiday promo card like Gifts Given. Always wanted one of those.