Topic: Rarity tooltip

It would be nice if you could add a tooltip (title attribute?) for the rarity symbols because sometimes it's hard to recognize if it's an uncommon or common symbol (with Ice Age for example).

gatherer.wizards.com does the same actually.

Re: Rarity tooltip

Oh god, I feel like a dumbass...thought I clicked "reply" and sent a reply...then I looked close and realized I clicked the wrong button and sent a report to the mods...and I was wondering why my post didn't show up tongue  My apologies to the mods for my error...and now to post the reply I had intended to post in the first place:

Not to mention sets like Portal or Chronicles that use the same symbol on all rarities.  I think those are the only two with that issue, but if I could find out the rarity without having to go to the card's page, that'd be a plus.

the_wizard_666 wrote:

Not to mention sets like Portal or Chronicles that use the same symbol on all rarities.  I think those are the only two with that issue, but if I could find out the rarity without having to go to the card's page, that'd be a plus.

Agreed.  I sort other peoples' collections for pay, and that would be a great boon.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Is there anything from Chronicles of any value? Not being an ass, but they are reprints that supposedly destroyed the value of cards in the game (although not true anymore) and caused the creation of the worst thing in magic ever, the Reserved List.

But, does rarity really matter for Chronicles? Much the same for Portal sets too really. Although they had a rarity, the cards known from those sets are well known enough to justify their values without cause to care for rarity.  Pyroclasm was a Rare, when every other printing was uncommon in the game, but its price justifies that, even from portal.

Rarity doesn't matter in that regard, no.  However, I like to keep my rares in a binder separate from commons and uncommons, even if they're worth less than some of their lesser rarity counterparts.  So in that regard, it does indeed make a difference.