Topic: [Feature Requests]

I've been using Deckbox extensively for both cataloging my collection and for trading. This site is amazing for both purposes and I have a couple suggestions that might improve it.

[Inventory]

- Sort by quantity (coming with the next update)

- Collapsable rows for same cards of different editions to reduce the number of pages

- Edit Details window box: Have the name of the selected card in the window. I often enter cards while watching something and sometimes get distracted. When I look back at my computer and see the Edit Details box, I don't always remember which card it was that was selected.

- Card Condition icon: While the star icon looks nice, it's not always easy to see what condition it is. I usually have to mouse over the icon to double check the condition because sometimes my eyes deceive me. It might be more practical to have the actual letters of the condition (NM, SP, MP, HP).

- Foils: There needs to be specific pricing for foils. I know this issue is not easy to take care of but TCG now has an average price for foils so hopefully it can be integrated. I had a trader who was interested in over 200 foils and I had to add up the prices manually. Needless to say, it took a lot of work and a very long time.

- Inventory Privacy: Allow users the option of hiding their inventory. This does not include the tradelist or wishlist since those are still needed to do trades. Just the inventory. This request is an important one for me. I do not wish to trade out of my inventory and do not want to keep telling people that. It's written in my description but it does not seem to be very effective as I still get inquiries. There is no reason for others to see it.

[Trading]

- Removing cards from inventory/tradelist/wishlist: This step should be done when the trade is confirmed, not when the cards have been shipped. Right now, before shipping, cards in a confirmed trade are still available for others to select. This could get messy for people with a lot of trades going.

- Feedback left: Before the latest update, there was an icon letting you know whether or not you have left feedback for someone. Now when trades have been completed, if feedback has been left for me, I cannot tell from my side whether I still need to leave feedback for them. I have to click on each trade to make sure feedback has been left.

- Cancelling trades: After a trade has been confirmed, should cancelling be approved by both parties? Just something to consider. Seems a bit weird to have confirmed trades "disappear" into the completed section with nothing more than an email saying the trade was cancelled.

- Neutral feedback: I believe neutral feedback should be counted and shown in user profiles. If someone has 100% positive feedback and dozens of neutral feedback, you really have no idea until you sift through pages and pages of feedback to see if there were any issues with that trader. This can be misleading.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks again for an incredible site. Keep up the great work.

Last edited by AsymptomaticPyrexia (2013-03-11 18:26:52)

Re: [Feature Requests]

I agree with this post.

Any input from the admins on the priority/implementation of this?

These are all features I would like to see. Maybe give an option on when to remove cards, upon confirm or upon shipping

Also, a search or match-maker function would be awesome

Only Sebi can let us know an ETA on the next release.  Hopefully he will have news for us soon!

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

A feature I would love to see is the ability to filter out inactive members in the trade opportunities. I hate having to go through 100 pages to find the 10 or so that are actually trading.

Can we get a "trade" button in multiple places? I find the one on the persons profile isn't intuitive.

Also, a "trade for these" button that initiates a trade based on the list of cards you have vs cards another member has. I find that I want to trade for many cards on someones list and I have to copy/paste or retype every card after I open a trade.

qasur wrote:

Can we get a "trade" button in multiple places? I find the one on the persons profile isn't intuitive.

Also, a "trade for these" button that initiates a trade based on the list of cards you have vs cards another member has. I find that I want to trade for many cards on someones list and I have to copy/paste or retype every card after I open a trade.

Yes. Being able to check a box or enter a quantity when viewing a partner's tradelist would be nice.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

I stress the importance of making the inventory private and not viewable to everyone. Almost every trader I deal with asks for cards from my inventory and it's been real tedious telling everyone I only trade from my tradelist when it's written in my profile. There's no reason for it to be visible to everyone when we have tradelists. I wish this request will be seriously considered.

AsymptomaticPyrexia wrote:

I stress the importance of making the inventory private and not viewable to everyone. Almost every trader I deal with asks for cards from my inventory and it's been real tedious telling everyone I only trade from my tradelist when it's written in my profile. There's no reason for it to be visible to everyone when we have tradelists. I wish this request will be seriously considered.

Agreed.

AsymptomaticPyrexia wrote:

Thanks for all your suggestions (many of them we very much like!).

We're especially now thinking of inventory privacy, I think I'm leaning more in favor to allowing password protected inventories.

sebi wrote:

We're especially now thinking of inventory privacy, I think I'm leaning more in favor to allowing password protected inventories.

I would love having that that type of option, but please make it exactly that, an option.

If somebody wants their inventory to be private, so be it, but in a lot of cases people don't care and it will end up being a big hinderance.  For instance, if I want to help somebody with their deck, I would need to get their inventory password just to go look at what cards they have to better improve it.  Or if I want to tell somebody to look through my inventory if they didn't see anything they liked in my tradelist.

Things like that would make it a big nuisance to deal with if it wasn't an option.

Another possibility would be to make access friend based, so that only people that you see as friends could see your inventory.  That would kind of give the best of both worlds.  You wouldn't have to continually ask for/enter passwords to do a lot of the standard actions, you'd just need to make sure that you're friends with the people that you're trying to interact with.

NullParameter wrote:

Another possibility would be to make access friend based, so that only people that you see as friends could see your inventory.  That would kind of give the best of both worlds.  You wouldn't have to continually ask for/enter passwords to do a lot of the standard actions, you'd just need to make sure that you're friends with the people that you're trying to interact with.

This sounds like a good compromise to me. I don't think I'd want to deal with giving out passwords, which could then possibly be given to others without your knowledge.

sebi wrote:

Thanks for all your suggestions (many of them we very much like!).

Thank you for replying, Sebi.

I think options are important to users since people use Deckbox for multiple purposes. Perhaps having 3 options that users can set would be ideal: Public, Friends only, or Private.