Topic: a bunch of commons???

so i had this idea.  i have like....thousands of commons sitting around in a box i will very likely never use.  so my question for you guys is.  who would buy a whole holiday promo box full of random assorted commons?  i honestly dont know whats all in there but hey if i did sell, would 40 be too much to ask?  seeing as id be providing shipping and tracking and all that?  i dont know.  this is just a question not quite sure if i wanna do it yet

Re: a bunch of commons???

Forty dollars seems like way too much.  Ten dollars plus shipping would be fairer.

probally true.  like i said im not even sure i would wanna do it.  probally not 10 if i did. 1000 cards is still 1000 cards ya know?  meh judging on the poll im better off just horading a playset of what i can and tossing the rest haha

Thing is bud, ALL of us have that SAME box of commons/uncommons that we don't want XD

Why would you throw them away if someone would pay you a penny a card plus shipping? It is still a net positive to your cash flow for things you'd never use.  I would take a box of 1000 commons from standard, especially if there were no more than 4x of a given card.  You have to price yourself with the market. I can buy a set of 4x commons & uncommons for $40 on ebay for each set. So if you want to throw 1000 commons in a box, your price has to be lower than a sorted group of commons and uncommons. It is still worth your while imo if it is sell or trash.

yeah i see where you're coming from haha.  i guess i can sort 'em out and see what i got later.  might do it for as low as 15 for the whole dang thing plus shipping.  i think thats a much more fair price, yea?

VampireArmy wrote:

yeah i see where you're coming from haha.  i guess i can sort 'em out and see what i got later.  might do it for as low as 15 for the whole dang thing plus shipping.  i think thats a much more fair price, yea?

Completely depends on how many cards there are, obviously. Large collections of commons don't go for very much on eBay...

ill count 'em all out tonight and put it up on here for anyone who's curious

From what sets? My friends and i started playing with the ravnica block, and as such have so desire fir commons/uncommons of those, but we would like a bunch of older cards to screw around with for casual and edh decks. If they were older cards, and the price was right I might be interested.

the sets range mostly from the innistrad block all the way back to zendikar with a few older sets ive randomly found around as well.  i dont think ill put land in there as that doesnt seem fair but ill sort through them tonight.  expect a report afterwards smile im thinking 15-20 bucks for it.  i dont know how much shippng will cost but ill charge 12 if i can get away sending it through the small "if it fits it ships" box.

You can fit about 520 cards in a small priority flat rate box, if that helps... if you use PayPal's ship now feature, it costs $5.15, and tracking is included (you just have to print the label yourself - laser printer's recommended if you don't have an actual label printer).

you would have to PAY people to take them. seriously. they take up space and none are worth anything probably. smile

VampireArmy wrote:

the sets range mostly from the innistrad block all the way back to zendikar with a few older sets ive randomly found around as well.  i dont think ill put land in there as that doesnt seem fair but ill sort through them tonight.  expect a report afterwards smile im thinking 15-20 bucks for it.  i dont know how much shippng will cost but ill charge 12 if i can get away sending it through the small "if it fits it ships" box.

Honestly for 15-20 if its mostly Zendikar Block and up I would be intersted. I'm playing again after a long break (lorywn block) so getting a bunch of commons in some of the sets is something I'm trying to do on the cheap. If you really have a boatload of commons and are willing to look for some specific things I could work up a list and maybe offer a little more per card for your effort?

Sure I'll consider it send me a list?

jassi007 wrote:

Honestly for 15-20 if its mostly Zendikar Block and up I would be intersted. I'm playing again after a long break (lorywn block) so getting a bunch of commons in some of the sets is something I'm trying to do on the cheap. If you really have a boatload of commons and are willing to look for some specific things I could work up a list and maybe offer a little more per card for your effort?

Dude if you have bunches of commons from lorywn to shadowmoor please oh please sell me a box of them =P

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

AmarusCameron wrote:
jassi007 wrote:

Dude if you have bunches of commons from lorywn to shadowmoor please oh please sell me a box of them =P

For the record, I have a ton of those (commons and uncommons mixed, actually) that I've been planning to stick up on eBay, just didn't get to it yet. No Manamorphose or anything remaining among them, though.

I'm literally just looking for all the stuff with merfolk and elves on it, among other things. If it is a group of common/uncommons for those three sets, Lorywn, Morningtide, and shadowmoor. Can you get that together and quote me something?

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

AmarusCameron wrote:

I'm literally just looking for all the stuff with merfolk and elves on it, among other things. If it is a group of common/uncommons for those three sets, Lorywn, Morningtide, and shadowmoor. Can you get that together and quote me something?

I'll start a trade. I need to dig to see what I have, but I can do that tonight.

Score! Thanks a bunch