Topic: FS: 1 Sealed Box of Modern Masters

I have a spare box of MM I can sell. I'm asking $240 + shipping.  Not sure about other places, but it's cheaper than ebay.

I can ship out June 9, however you'd like it shipped.  Prop a trade and we can discuss additional details.

NOT interested in trades for it.  Cash/Paypal only.

Re: FS: 1 Sealed Box of Modern Masters

blackdog_9 wrote:

I have a spare box of MM I can sell. I'm asking $240 + shipping.  Not sure about other places, but it's cheaper than ebay.

I can ship out June 9, however you'd like it shipped.  Prop a trade and we can discuss additional details.

NOT interested in trades for it.  Cash/Paypal only.

You should really wait until you have it in-hand before attempting to sell something you don't have. There are a lot of places that did pre-orders for $140-160 before the hype was at the level it is now and, honestly, it will be interesting to see if they all come through. Yea, it's shitty to cancel your pre-order and go for the extra money... but there are going to be some places that do it. It may not even be completely malicious either, a lot of places did pre-orders before they knew how many boxes they were getting. If they did pre-orders for 50 boxes and they're only getting 35, then some people are going to get shafted.

So, yea, you should wait until you have the box in hand before selling it.

Yeah, you're right.  I hadn't planned on receiving the money until I had the box in hand, which is why I will ship on the 9th.

I ordered from a trusted store, where I play regularly, and from whom I received a confirmation email of my preorder and the set price.  I know a lot of people out there are still looking for a box and don't want to pay $300 for them from SCG, so I thought I'd let it out there for cheaper than what I'd found online.

With that said, I'm happy to discuss payment timing and all of the other details with folks via trade chat. I'm pretty flexible on all that stuff.

Yeah I got shafted and me of my preorders canceled two days after cause they realized the money they were missing out on.  So sad

I am potentially interested, but like the others here point out I'd be more comfortable doing this transaction once you have the box on hand.

mbknight wrote:

Yeah I got shafted and me of my preorders canceled two days after cause they realized the money they were missing out on.  So sad

And I hope they forever lost a customer for that.

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

mbknight wrote:

The only reason this is possible is because Wizards can't sell directly to customers, and has to go through a distributor to stores, and finally to customers.  As the guy above me said, I hope that store lost a customer over that.  It's really not cool. 

Anyway, back to OP.  If I commit to buy today, and you get it, will you honor the trade at $240 even if the market price doubles on day 1?

Yup, happy to honor the price.  I got my box and a spare.  I know they're hard to get.  Deckbox has been wonderful to me and I'd love to spread the MM wealth since the second box isn't in my budget.

Last edited by blackdog_9 (2013-05-30 03:32:12)

blackdog_9 wrote:

Yup, happy to honor the price.  I got my box and a spare.  I know they're hard to get.  Deckbox has been wonderful to me and I'd love to spread the MM wealth since the second box isn't in my budget.

I wish it was in my budget hmm...

There are singles that I would love to have out of it, but there's no way I can afford a whole box.

I feel bad for the people that are forced to buy at these shit prices. The stores around me have them at $165, $160, $200, and $220.

truechill wrote:

I feel bad for the people that are forced to buy at these shit prices. The stores around me have them at $165, $160, $200, and $220.

Yea the store I go too is going to sell theirs for 190 and even thats too much for me. As DTrain said, Im more interested in certain singles in it and Ill just have to wait til people open their boxes and put up what they did want from it.

Paul_K wrote:

Can we please find a different label other than MM since it's already being used as Mercadian Masques.  Perhaps MoMa!

Or since Modern Masters is the new set and more relevent we can call Masques MMQ

Here is my Profile, Tradelist, and Wishlist

http://pwp.wizards.com/2300486981/Scorecards/Landscape.png

Augustella wrote:
Paul_K wrote:

Can we please find a different label other than MM since it's already being used as Mercadian Masques.  Perhaps MoMa!

Or since Modern Masters is the new set and more relevent we can call Masques MMQ

This is actually correct.  MMQ is Mercadian Masques.  Wizards has been officially using MM as the the abbreviation for Modern Masters.

Paul_K wrote:
DTrain5742 wrote:
Augustella wrote:

This is actually correct.  MMQ is Mercadian Masques.  Wizards has been officially using MM as the the abbreviation for Modern Masters.

Ah.  When did they switch Mercadian Masques to MMQ?

October 4, 1999

Paul_K wrote:
DTrain5742 wrote:
Augustella wrote:

Ah.  When did they switch Mercadian Masques to MMQ?

I think it's always been MMQ officially, but players just referred to it as MM instead.

Still no solid takers.

Random question, when does MM actually come out?

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

AmarusCameron wrote:

June 7, one week from today

Here is my Profile, Tradelist, and Wishlist

http://pwp.wizards.com/2300486981/Scorecards/Landscape.png

AmarusCameron wrote:

Pretty sure it comes out June 7th.

Sweet, just got confirmed for my pre-order big_smile

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list