Topic: Quitting sale, all must go

Deleted

Last edited by PhyrexianLibrarian (2013-06-10 19:11:08)

Re: Quitting sale, all must go

Some advise when selling a collection

Typically, a buying will buy for 60% of the cards they can sell/trade off, normally everything over 5$

If the collection is expansive then it gets more complicated. I typically buy at

60-80% of expensive format staple
50-70% of expensive cards that arent format staples
40-60% of playable cards that arent 'staples', or everything over 5$ depending on size of collection

the percentage is dependent on the collection, the person, how much I feel like paying at the time, condition of cards, number of cards, how quickly they need to sell.

I wouldn't expect you would get anywhere near $700. I doubt a trader would offer more than $400, at a stretch.

Just some advise for pricing a collection.

FWIW, I'm one of the people trying to "value-fuck" him...

I added ~$87 worth of TCG-mid cards and offered what was essentially post-fee ebay prices to start off (totaling $48) and detailed the price of each card so we could work on specific cards or valuations if need be.

He basically said "are you kidding? $70 for the lot" and, after I explained my prices for each and referenced recently ended auctions and associated fees, he told me to pound sand and cancelled.

You left no room for negotation or general discussion. I could have been convinced to come up on some of the prices, cover shipping, or any number of things. You're not going to get TCG-mid value when you're selling cards, especially standard.

I wasn't out to screw you over. But, I'm not going to purchase cards for more than I can get them elsewhere. The sweet spot is finding an in-between of what the purchase price is and what the net sell price is on ebay. That way it's a win-win.

PhyrexianLibrarian wrote:

New rule:

You are not Star City Games. You are not Jonathan Medina. If I wanted to sell these cards for the exact same amount I could make through eBay, I would sell them on eBay. You have the ability to buy cards for cheaper than you can anywhere else, and I have the ability to sell them for more than I could get from a store. If that's not enough value for you, you'll just have to find another fish.

So, you want us to pay more for your cards than you would get for them on Ebay?  People aren't going to pay those prices here.  Your cards aren't worth what they retail for.  20 bucks for a Karn in a third party sale is a decent deal.  They are worth what they buylist for and anything above that gained from private sales is a bonus.  Good luck.  P.S. HansonWK has given you some great advice regarding collection pricing.

grossoggodeckbox wrote:
PhyrexianLibrarian wrote:

New rule:

You are not Star City Games. You are not Jonathan Medina. If I wanted to sell these cards for the exact same amount I could make through eBay, I would sell them on eBay. You have the ability to buy cards for cheaper than you can anywhere else, and I have the ability to sell them for more than I could get from a store. If that's not enough value for you, you'll just have to find another fish.

So, you want us to pay more for your cards than you would get for them on Ebay?  People aren't going to pay those prices here.  Your cards aren't worth what they retail for.  20 bucks for a Karn in a third party sale is a decent deal.  They are worth what they buylist for and anything above that gained from private sales is a bonus.  Good luck.  P.S. HansonWK has given you some great advice regarding collection pricing.

BRO, who do you think you are? SCG or Medina?

/s