Re: Deckbox FTV:20 update

tjdrake719 wrote:
morph66 wrote:

thanks bud,  and my magic store is clearly trying to swindle selling this ftv twenty for 280$

Huge swindle! You can get them on ebay for a smidge under 200. My local store was nice and sold them at retail to the regulars.

$280!  Yikes!  I've been seeing them constantly on eBay for $160; the lowest I've seen them dip is $150.  $280 is insane!

yeah i saw someone on here selling 2 for 290$  I went to my store yesterday to see if they would buy them since they sell them at 280, maybe i could buy a bunch from ebay and sell them to them. They basically told me they wouldn't pay me 150$ each. basically creating a bit of a stand offish atmosphere. I found out later that day that I think they pay about 20$ for them.

I lost a lot of respect for the store and the people that run it. I understand how capitalism works, but they are taking advantage of their customers by creating a market that really isn't there

morph66 wrote:
tjdrake719 wrote:

Huge swindle! You can get them on ebay for a smidge under 200. My local store was nice and sold them at retail to the regulars.

like 20$ retail?

Retail was 40 I think...the other store near me sells them for 180.

My closest store to me is selling them for 229.99 and thats the cheapest of the 3. Im only missing 1 of 7 cards I orginially wanted from the whole set, so im glad I didnt waste the money...