Topic: Scavenging Ooze promo code abuse (was: trade offer)

Message me if your interested

Last edited by sebi (2013-10-03 15:50:49)

Re: Scavenging Ooze promo code abuse (was: trade offer)

odanjames wrote:

Message me if your interested

You realize the majority of stores have  run out of these card packs long ago.

nice, did you buy 4 copies of the game? why?

Looks like he traded them off of Cowabunga2.  Cowabunga2 got them from hacking the game, or from someone who's hacked or by some other illicit means.  He would have given you a code for a $5 card.  You got swindled.  Especially since no stores (least none in my area) even have them anymore.  No stores had steam ones after the second day because of the stupid hack shit.

But good luck trading them!

i got my 4 packs and learned they can be redeemed multiple times cause the stores just throw them out . yes a bit elicit but you will receive 4 oozes just call around find a place that has for android packs still and there ya go i am not attempting to rip off any person on this site even though its a bit of a scam against wizards but it dont harm the stores either so no hate mail please

i will even give you the code first after you have packs in hand you send me some cards

Last edited by odanjames (2013-10-03 01:43:04)

JackSwindle wrote:

Looks like he traded them off of Cowabunga2.  Cowabunga2 got them from hacking the game, or from someone who's hacked or by some other illicit means.  He would have given you a code for a $5 card.  You got swindled.  Especially since no stores (least none in my area) even have them anymore.  No stores had steam ones after the second day because of the stupid hack shit.

Yea, that dude tried to dump a bunch of codes on me. He told me that he, or whoever, cashed out a game credit card on copies of DotP and that's why he had so many to trade... so I took a look at his current pending trade list.

At the time, Cowbunga2 had 24 Pending Trades. Of those 24, 17 of them were offering Scavenging Ooze promo codes for other people's cards. In those 17 trades, Cowbunga2 was offering a total of 61 promo codes and, with the cheapest price on Steam being $9.99, that means they would have had to cash out over $600 on credit.

Bullshit.

outofstep wrote:
JackSwindle wrote:

Yea, that dude tried to dump a bunch of codes on me. He told me that he, or whoever, cashed out a game credit card on copies of DotP and that's why he had so many to trade... so I took a look at his current pending trade list.

At the time, Cowbunga2 had 24 Pending Trades. Of those 24, 17 of them were offering Scavenging Ooze promo codes for other people's cards. In those 17 trades, Cowbunga2 was offering a total of 61 promo codes and, with the cheapest price on Steam being $9.99, that means they would have had to cash out over $600 on credit.

Bullshit.

So basically odanjames got these same codes and is doing the same thing?

Seemed sketchy off the get go. I tried to offer him the cards he was looking for for regular trade but he seemed less inclined to trade away anything less than his promo codes. Then I took a look at his pending trades and was not surprised. I'm assuming he's going to be sending the same four promo codes to every one that tries to trade with him. I'm personally not going to trade for promo codes, and I don't think it's in any one else's best interest to either. The codes are most likely legit, but were also most likely procured though sketchier means.

wow what the hell he's doing this trade for 60$ worth of cards over ten times. How is this even allowed?
I reported this post and sent an email to an admin. As a community we should look after each other and not allow people to take advantage of things like this. He is essentially syphoning 600$+ of cards from traders.

Or is this capitalism?

Last edited by morph66 (2013-10-03 03:47:20)

morph66 wrote:

wow what the hell he's doing this trade for 60$ worth of cards over ten times. How is this even allowed?
I reported this post and sent an email to an admin. As a community we should look after each other and not allow people to take advantage of things like this. He is essentially syphoning 600$+ of cards from traders.

Or is this capitalism?

I have already spoken with a moderator through email and have informed him how i got the codes that i got.

Thanks for your concern but I have not done anything wrong, and have not screwed a single person through trade.

Sounds pretty greasy to me.

Cowabunga2 wrote:
morph66 wrote:

Or is this capitalism?

I have already spoken with a moderator through email and have informed him how i got the codes that i got.

Thanks for your concern but I have not done anything wrong, and have not screwed a single person through trade.

oh i'm sure you are giving out the codes, I'm saying the fact you are re-using the codes is what is shady here. You found a loophole to exploit and are racking up hundreds of dollars of cards by re-using a set of codes. Funny how you came here to defend this post even though it has nothing to do with you. My guess is Odanjames messages you in one of your previous trades with him freaking out, and you've come to do damage control.

you started trading them for 60$ worth of cards, then if you look through all your trade you start offering them for 30$ 20$  22$  a breeding pool. Basically whatever someone was willing to offer.

This really seems wrong.

Last edited by morph66 (2013-10-03 10:50:06)

Look I'm not hurting anyone here and I have not intended to do anyone the wrong way I was laughing when I realized how he was doing it an figured why not for stores that don't use them codes by dec. They will have to trash em . Why not get them in someones hands and of course I start high like 60$ but don't mind dropping to whatever I can get they are free cards.a lot of you seem pretty quick to judge someone with little reason

odanjames wrote:

Look I'm not hurting anyone here and I have not intended to do anyone the wrong way I was laughing when I realized how he was doing it an figured why not for stores that don't use them codes by dec. They will have to trash em . Why not get them in someones hands and of course I start high like 60$ but don't mind dropping to whatever I can get they are free cards.a lot of you seem pretty quick to judge someone with little reason

Technically you are, people buy these games and when they go redeem the codes at a store they are usually always out of the promo packs. The point is more you are lining your pocket's with ill gotten gains.

I felt it was reportable. You guy's are also fluffing your trade reputation without actually sending out any cards. So you have a bunch of great trader comments when nobody knows whether or not you are actually trustworthy.

morph66 wrote:
odanjames wrote:

Technically you are, people buy these games and when they go redeem the codes at a store they are usually always out of the promo packs. The point is more you are lining your pocket's with ill gotten gains.

I felt it was reportable. You guy's are also fluffing your trade reputation without actually sending out any cards. So you have a bunch of great trader comments when nobody knows whether or not you are actually trustworthy.

im also helping the person receiving the ooze by getting them a card that use to be 25$ each for like 10$ each thats why i wasnt mad at the guy when i realized what was going on. i will stop posting in here now because it just seems to lead to way to much drama from people that really have no business " reporting me " for crap that doesn't affect them or hurt any one

morph66 wrote:

This right here.

You are actually scamming stores by spreading out hacked or previously redeemed codes.  There was a major problem with this last year and it caused a lot of potential new, or newly started players to miss out on something that they should have rightfully received.

I felt that your pushiness when you offered me a playset of codes was the attitude of someone who had to offload something that was stolen, or counterfeit.  I have no way of proving that it actually is, but if you have as many codes as offers that you have opened (and judging by your trade page, that is a LOT of codes), then you either: a) bought 40+ copies of DOTP2014 for PC/tablet/whatever, or b) found a way to crack the code pattern.

If it is a, then not really the brightest business decision, unless you're running an arcade.  If b, then you should be reported and banned.

Why not just redeem the codes yourself? I'm not doubting that they are legit but you will garner both more interest and less hate by having the actual cards. Granted it's more work for you but it seems a safer option ...

im done responding to these hate forums anyone that want some scavenging message me you will receive your cards prior to shipping me anything cause im not a thief and your not hurting any one by taking the codes

odanjames wrote:

im done responding to these hate forums anyone that want some scavenging message me you will receive your cards prior to shipping me anything cause im not a thief and your not hurting any one by taking the codes

Yes, you are.  You're hurting every single person who purchases DOTP14 and goes to redeem a pack at a store that does not have any more because of people who do something like this.

Every single faked code that gets redeemed is another legitimate customer who loses out on a small thank you (and encouragement to try the paper version of the game) from Wizards for purchasing their products.  It is literally stealing when you use a faked code.

Kei_Asaki wrote:
morph66 wrote:

This right here.

You are actually scamming stores by spreading out hacked or previously redeemed codes.  There was a major problem with this last year and it caused a lot of potential new, or newly started players to miss out on something that they should have rightfully received.

I felt that your pushiness when you offered me a playset of codes was the attitude of someone who had to offload something that was stolen, or counterfeit.  I have no way of proving that it actually is, but if you have as many codes as offers that you have opened (and judging by your trade page, that is a LOT of codes), then you either: a) bought 40+ copies of DOTP2014 for PC/tablet/whatever, or b) found a way to crack the code pattern.

If it is a, then not really the brightest business decision, unless you're running an arcade.  If b, then you should be reported and banned.

He's doing one of two things...

1. He or someone else cracked the key generator code and he's just spewing out fake codes to everyone for whatever he can get.

2. He had four (4) legit key codes from buying that many copies of the game, which he already redeemed for himself. Knowing that the game stores don't log the codes in anywhere as "redeemed" he's now trading those same four codes out to random people to redeem at their LGS.

The first one is scumbaggery at its finest, but the second should be a deckbox bannable offense, and here's why. Each of those codes should be viewed as if it were a single card, one card per code, just as if I had one copy of Scavenging Ooze in my trade list. Once I trade that ooze, I cannot trade it to 17 other people as it's already gone. If these guys are trading the same code to multiple people, then that's like trading cards they don't own. Furthermore, someone could attempt to redeem a code and find no LGS within a reasonable distance with them still in stock, hence they traded cards for nothing.

It's my opinion that the mods should attempt to contact people that made trades for these codes and ask them to see said codes. If there are duplicates - bans should be swift. Also, I think the site rules should be amended to prevent trading of these game codes. If you want to trade promo Scavenging Ooze, then go get the cards yourself and put them in your trade list.

outofstep wrote:
Kei_Asaki wrote:
morph66 wrote:

This right here.

He's doing one of two things...

1. He or someone else cracked the key generator code and he's just spewing out fake codes to everyone for whatever he can get.

2. He had four (4) legit key codes from buying that many copies of the game, which he already redeemed for himself. Knowing that the game stores don't log the codes in anywhere as "redeemed" he's now trading those same four codes out to random people to redeem at their LGS.

The first one is scumbaggery at its finest, but the second should be a deckbox bannable offense, and here's why. Each of those codes should be viewed as if it were a single card, one card per code, just as if I had one copy of Scavenging Ooze in my trade list. Once I trade that ooze, I cannot trade it to 17 other people as it's already gone. If these guys are trading the same code to multiple people, then that's like trading cards they don't own. Furthermore, someone could attempt to redeem a code and find no LGS within a reasonable distance with them still in stock, hence they traded cards for nothing.

It's my opinion that the mods should attempt to contact people that made trades for these codes and ask them to see said codes. If there are duplicates - bans should be swift. Also, I think the site rules should be amended to prevent trading of these game codes. If you want to trade promo Scavenging Ooze, then go get the cards yourself and put them in your trade list.

He's even said he's recycling the same 4 codes and as per his words he's just getting what he can for them from each person he contacts. It's safe for the people trading with them because the codes are worth nothing and they can give them out and even if they don't get paid they STILL can keep re-selling the same code to other people. (Make the trade with me, take the code and after you get your promos then send me the cards) There is no risk just like the person who got the code could just claim they didn't work, pocket their 4 oozes and pay them nothing, Rinse repeat and any local game store stupid enough to take 4 promos for the same app. Just look at their transactions, some are for like 5 bucks worth of cards. They basically contact a user here, offer them the codes, start high and end up negotiating for anything they can get. Some transactions are for a few unhinged lands, 1 italian promo card, 1 breeding ground. Some poor schmucks actually sent them 60$ worth of cards for them.

This is seriously despicable. If cowabunga did infact contact a mod and they didn't put a stop to it, deckbox should find out who that mod is and fire them.   I can't believe these guy's are syphoning hundreds of dollars of cards from the community and nobody wants to put a stop to it.

This is a scam, plain and simple

Last edited by morph66 (2013-10-03 12:33:18)

odanjames wrote:
morph66 wrote:
odanjames wrote:

im also helping the person receiving the ooze by getting them a card that use to be 25$ each for like 10$ each thats why i wasnt mad at the guy when i realized what was going on. i will stop posting in here now because it just seems to lead to way to much drama from people that really have no business " reporting me " for crap that doesn't affect them or hurt any one

They have dropped to $10 because of people like you.

Cowabunga2    as i told other, my husband had a credit with steam and we cashed it out to be able to get some kind of value from it.

That's what was told to me when I asked about the legitimacy of the promo codes. To me, that implies that they cashed out Steam credit to buy enough copies of the game to actually have all the promo codes they were trading, which is clearly not the case.

I think the mods were told one thing and, in reality, it's something entirely different going on.

you guys all have entirely to much time on your hands . so far i have traded no codes so u can take back the syphoning of hundreds of dollars and i have not been contacted by anyone from deck box being told i done anything wrong .

if this doesn't warrant a ban then i don't know what does anymore.