Topic: How much would you pay for a playset of each of the Zendikar fetchland

Hi guys, I am currently in possession of a full playset of each of the Zendikar fetchlands. After their recent jump  and continued growth in price due to modern season and the popularity of modern in general I am considering selling them as a full set. I only play modern at my small local store where the competition level doesn't really warrant the need for several hundred dollar mana bases.

I am just here to get a gauge of what you guys would pay. Obviously I am open to offers if you are looking to buy, but I am more or less trying to see if their price reflects their demand.

I collect funny, epic, or unique flavor texts (foil if applicable)
Looking to purchase one player rewards and one judge foil Wasteland.
Tradelist | Wishist

Re: How much would you pay for a playset of each of the Zendikar fetchland

I voted for 0 namely cause Im exactly in the same boat as you with regards to the level of play of LGS and me only playing more EDH than Modern most of the time anyway. I have one foil of each Zen Fetch for EDH and for the time being I can live with just jamming those in a modern deck if it really needs color fixing.

Personally, I would look to sell and get what you can for them. Obviously not for pennies but with Modern taking off and Fetches being the finicial gateway to get into the format for some decks, its only matter of WHEN they will get reprinted rather than IF. So for me, Im perfectly happy running my Mono Blue Merfolf deck in modern until they get reprinted and I can get them cheaper.

Helios52 wrote:

I voted for 0 namely cause Im exactly in the same boat as you with regards to the level of play of LGS and me only playing more EDH than Modern most of the time anyway. I have one foil of each Zen Fetch for EDH and for the time being I can live with just jamming those in a modern deck if it really needs color fixing.

Personally, I would look to sell and get what you can for them. Obviously not for pennies but with Modern taking off and Fetches being the finicial gateway to get into the format for some decks, its only matter of WHEN they will get reprinted rather than IF. So for me, Im perfectly happy running my Mono Blue Merfolf deck in modern until they get reprinted and I can get them cheaper.

I don't play modern at all, so I value them at what they were, pre modern spike, I'm not going crazy to get any though I do love trading them for things I need at their inflated prices.

Helios I do wonder at the reprint, you are correct, it is not a matter of if but when. But I see the fetches reacting the same way goyf did. I quick dip and then an overall increase in price. They have become staples, and like goyf or confidant, a reprint will mean that demand will increase now that there are more available, thus driving the already increasing price higher. I would not be surprised to see 110 or even 120 scalding tarns after their reprint (though probably not much more, I mean the original duals are that high)

Just my 2 cents.

*edit* also I voted for the yaht, I bought one of each when marsh flats was 23 and tarn was 50 (to give you the spread) but it is my policy to never buy a card worth more than 50 dollars. I will only trade for those. Real life has too much to offer to spend it all on cards...heresy I know.

*edit again* Oh lord I just remember I broke my rule so hard core when I spent 100 bucks on a foil MM Sword of Light and shadow...I love swords so much...so so much. YEah I know I'm a hypocrite, sorry couldn't help it...shiny sword.

Last edited by AmarusCameron (2014-03-11 15:50:12)

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

People want to pay less for expensive things. In other news, the sun is bright.

Basically, it doesn't matter what SOME people would buy them for, but market value on them (which isn't going down until a reprint). If you can sell them for cash at 15% below TCG low, get after it.

Honestly tho I dont see them following in the same pattern as Goyf or Bob because of availbility of printing. Goyf was a rare that from a poorly opened set (Futuresight) that got made into a mythic of a highly wanted and limited printed set (Modern Masters). Which means that unless they decide to make make Fetchlands mythic rare (which would be insane but I wont put anything past WoTC) they should in theory be easier to pull than a Goyf in a set. Also WoTC likes to print things in complete cycles so if they reprinted the Zen fetches, it would only make sense that they the ONS would get thrown in there as well. So in theory, as long they dont get reprinted en mass in a limited print run set like MM2 (Althought Ive heard rumblings of them in Conspiracy) we should see a reprint sooner rather than later once the shocks rotate out of standard.

Helios52 wrote:

Honestly tho I dont see them following in the same pattern as Goyf or Bob because of availbility of printing. Goyf was a rare that from a poorly opened set (Futuresight) that got made into a mythic of a highly wanted and limited printed set (Modern Masters). Which means that unless they decide to make make Fetchlands mythic rare (which would be insane but I wont put anything past WoTC) they should in theory be easier to pull than a Goyf in a set. Also WoTC likes to print things in complete cycles so if they reprinted the Zen fetches, it would only make sense that they the ONS would get thrown in there as well. So in theory, as long they dont get reprinted en mass in a limited print run set like MM2 (Althought Ive heard rumblings of them in Conspiracy) we should see a reprint sooner rather than later once the shocks rotate out of standard.

Very interesting, honestly I would like to see the price to go down so I can pick up some more. I run two penta color decks and about 5 tri color decks that could use fetches. But I'm not willing to buy them at this price, and I'm not trading away my first born to get them either. That said I picked up a marsh flats the other day for standard stuff and already recouped the space in value because it has gone up so much. So I'm enjoying the price rise and hating it at the same time lol.

All that to say, I hope you are right.

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

Sell them on the High End Magic Stuff for Sale Facebook group. You can get good prices there and not have to eat Ebay fees. You can also have the buyers pay the Paypal fees.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/477939485577313/

You'll probably get a bit more money if you sell the playsets individually than as a whole. SCG buylist is really high for fetches, so you can even get a pretty good value for them if you ship them there (assuming they are NM - anything less and you'll get shafted).

grossoggodeckbox wrote:

Sell them on the High End Magic Stuff for Sale Facebook group. You can get good prices there and not have to eat Ebay fees. You can also have the buyers pay the Paypal fees.

Can vouch for this group.

grossoggodeckbox wrote:

You'll probably get a bit more money if you sell the playsets individually than as a whole. SCG buylist is really high for fetches, so you can even get a pretty good value for them if you ship them there (assuming they are NM - anything less and you'll get shafted).

Thanks for the information. I very well may break up the sets, to increase my chances of finding a buyer. It was easier for the purpose of the poll to lump them all together. I will definitely check the group once I decide to pull the trigger on selling out of fetches.

I collect funny, epic, or unique flavor texts (foil if applicable)
Looking to purchase one player rewards and one judge foil Wasteland.
Tradelist | Wishist