Topic: Deckbox market + or - ?

Im thinking this deckbox market is the worst thing they could have done. Now all the pricing is so messed im probably going to just switch sites. It just turned an excellent trade site into a tier 2 selling site. I have completed 60 trades to no end. Spent time building my rep for nothing. If people wanted to sell they should have stuck to ebay. This is very dissapointing sad

Re: Deckbox market + or - ?

I vote indifference.  While I would likely never use the feature, it's far too new to judge it.  Sure it's throwing pricing out of whack, but it's really not that hard to just check elsewhere.  Doesn't make the inventory features any less useful, it just clutters things up a bit.  The big thing that disappoints me is the inability to compare a person's wishlist to my inventory, but I'm still hoping for some option to allow this at some point.  Overall, I'd still keep my Deckbox inventory over migrating to a less useful site over the implementation of a feature I'll likely never use or give a crap about.

I think the inventory/decklist features are great. But adding a market did mess up all prices and made it so lots of people put their good cards as market only and their jank as tradeable. But i just hope it all gets its bugs worked out because i enjoy trading on here.

PerfectSpecimen wrote:

I think the inventory/decklist features are great. But adding a market did mess up all prices and made it so lots of people put their good cards as market only and their jank as tradeable. But i just hope it all gets its bugs worked out because i enjoy trading on here.

Things have to be on your tradelist in order to give them a price for the market.  (Market price is literally an extra column in your tradelist that is not available in your inventory). Also, I actually do a bit of the opposite, I put prices on all of the low value cards, because I'd usually like to move them any way that I can.  Generally if you beat the average price you can sell just about any card.     

Higher end cards may not have a price on them unless I have a specific card in mind I would buy if they sold, but they are still on my trade list if I'm willing to entertain offers for them, or if I'd let them go to get a better card.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-04-08 18:01:00)

PerfectSpecimen wrote:

Im thinking this deckbox market is the worst thing they could have done. Now all the pricing is so messed im probably going to just switch sites. It just turned an excellent trade site into a tier 2 selling site. I have completed 60 trades to no end. Spent time building my rep for nothing. If people wanted to sell they should have stuck to ebay. This is very dissapointing sad

The price fix they put in today seems to be good. Checking some values vs. other sites they seem to be very inline now.