Topic: Buying/Trading for old CCGs (Battletech/Rage/ST/SW/etc)

After GP Boston, I wanted to come up with a few non-magic gaming options for folks in my local playgroup.   I'd love to pick up stacks of cards from old CCGs ... I don't care what kind of shape they are in or anything like that, I just want something that we can mess around with.   I'd love to find some of the games I played back in the day like Netrunner, Battletech, Rage, Star Trek, Star Wars ...

So if you have anything let me know, I'd trade or buy stuff.

Update:

I'm set on Star Trek 1.0 unless folks have some of the later expansions

Still looking for - Star Trek 2.0 cards, Star Wars 1.0/2.0 cards, Rage (especially the non-umbra expansions), Netrunner, and Battletech. 

Star Trek, Star Wars, and the orignal Rage set are all pretty cheap for sealed product these days, so I'd likely be looking at paying ~$10 per 1k + S&H, offering a a bit more in trade.   Rage expansions (Legacy/Wyrm/Amazon), Netrunner and Battletech have proven harder to find so I'd certainly offer more on that stuff.

Last edited by arsonisfun (2014-07-31 15:12:32)

Re: Buying/Trading for old CCGs (Battletech/Rage/ST/SW/etc)

i have some Lord of the Five Rings cards from a collection i got off a friend..any interest?

chard19 wrote:

i have some Lord of the Five Rings cards from a collection i got off a friend..any interest?

Never played it ... but sure, why not?! smile   If the price is right, i'm game.

let me gather them up and see what got

I have some Star Trek cards that came with a Magic Collection I bought a while back.

Bistiquea wrote:

I have some Star Trek cards that came with a Magic Collection I bought a while back.

Cool - just open on up a trade request with the total # of cards and let me know what you were looking for smile

I have a ridiculous amount of versus system cards, decks, promo cards, promo tins, collectors box with the tin deckboxes, and a playmat.

Naruto or chaotic or kaijudo?

PerfectSpecimen wrote:

I have a ridiculous amount of versus system cards, decks, promo cards, promo tins, collectors box with the tin deckboxes, and a playmat.

Sounds good.  I'm looking for the equivelent of bulk Common/Uncommons - cheap, but can be used to jam together a bunch of decks for some goofing around.  I'm sure some of these games have a collector following for some of the rare stuff, but I'm just looking to come up with a fun distraction after lots of mtg playtesting.

I have a whole bunch of Star Wars cards somewhere. I never even learned to play the game, I just got an intro set for Christmas one year as a kid and then bought a lot of packs because I thought they looked cool. I have no idea what a fair price for them is, though.

wintermute93 wrote:

I have a whole bunch of Star Wars cards somewhere. I never even learned to play the game, I just got an intro set for Christmas one year as a kid and then bought a lot of packs because I thought they looked cool. I have no idea what a fair price for them is, though.

I hear you.   I'm not looking to spend much over $5-10 + s&h for a long box worth of any particular game if possible, but I'm very open to discussion/negotiation ... really hard to judge value on some of this stuff.  I managed to pick up a box of 12 sealed Rage starter decks for $20,  but I can't seem to find a *single* Battletech starter for under $10 yet.

taintedrainbows wrote:

Naruto or chaotic or kaijudo?

Let me read up on the game system for those - If it sounds interesting I'll let you know big_smile

spellfire?

mbknight wrote:

spellfire?

Think I'll pass, was never a huge fan smile

I've got a mess o' old Star Wars CCG cards in an old Star Wars Gift Set box.  I f'ing hated that game, more so because I love Star Wars soooooo much (and this was back in those halcyon pre-Episode 1 days).  I have a few juicy cards but nothing ground-breaking, and would probably let them go for a trade.  Start a trade if you'd like more details.

Profile     Tradelist     Wishes

I have several decks and spares of the LOTR card game, all packed into a 1500 card box, as well as a couple boxes of WoW TCG