Topic: Suggestion: "Add to trade" when browsing other users' inventories?

When I start a new trade with someone, I usually begin by checking their profile to see which cards we each want/have from the other's lists.  If it looks like a good match, I'll click the "New trade with [username]" link, and open up the trade.  Then, since (like most people, I presume) I don't have a photographic memory, I have to open up another window and go back to their profile, find the cards I want to trade for again, and then jump back and forth between the two pages, reading cards off the list on one page, and then typing them into the trade on the other.

Wouldn't it be grand if, instead of all that bouncing around between two different pages, there was a simple "add to trade" button next to each card while browsing another user's lists?  If you already have an open trade with that user, the card is simply appended to that trade.  If you don't have one open already, a new one can be created.  You could either have the "I have read and understand the rules" bit pop up right here when the new trade is created, or at a later time (perhaps when you first view the actual trade page itself, or maybe when you "Accept" the trade or "Confirm" your shipping address.)  Once all the cards are added, then you can visit the actual trade page, and edit editions and quantities as normal.  And, of course, you could still add/remove cards from this page like you can do now, as well.

What do you think?

Last edited by IronMagus (2014-09-09 23:30:14)

Re: Suggestion: "Add to trade" when browsing other users' inventories?

No support, really? Do you all have photographic memories, or do you just like hopping back and forth between tabs that much?

I think it's a fine idea (I agree that jumping between an inventory page and a trade page is annoying), but it could be difficult to implement (well, on second thought.. maybe not!) and it's not something I would consider high priority.

Last edited by 9700377 (2014-09-12 02:20:36)

I have to agree with 9700377 in that this would be a nice feature to have, but I think it would be low on the priority list. When I am browsing profiles and I find one that's a good match I center+click (or Ctrl+click) on the "new trade" link which automatically opens it in a new tab. Unless you're adding over 20 cards it really isn't that big of a deal.

Also, Ctrl+Tab (and Ctrl+Shift+Tab) is your friend.

The idea is cool, only I need to find a nice unobtrusive way to implement it...

Kammikaze wrote:

Unless you're adding over 20 cards it really isn't that big of a deal.

Sometimes, I am adding over 20 different cards.

Also, Ctrl+Tab (and Ctrl+Shift+Tab) is your friend.

Sure, unless you're on mobile tongue

You can add cards to trades from mobile? I've never had that work for me.

I think this is a nice feature but I think there are much higher needs.

LovesTha wrote:

You can add cards to trades from mobile? I've never had that work for me.

Works fine on my iPod Touch.

Neither of the browsers on my KitKat work (chrome and the other one). You type a card name, no autocomplete happens and you can't add a card without that.

LovesTha wrote:

Neither of the browsers on my KitKat work (chrome and the other one). You type a card name, no autocomplete happens and you can't add a card without that.

(This could be at least partially solved with the "add to trade" button, no?)

Probably. Would at least be a place where this interface would be really awesome