Topic: BTR: joecat

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but I recently received a 0 feedback from a user who received the cards from the trade in a reasonable time. The issue he had with me was that after he accepted the trade and confirmed his address, he told me that he didn't have one of the cards for the trade anymore. When I pointed out that this was against Deckbox rule 2.1, he obtained another copy of the card. What I'd really like to know is, why did I receive a 0 for this?

Re: BTR: joecat

baller wrote:

When I pointed out that this was against Deckbox rule 2.1, he obtained another copy of the card. What I'd really like to know is, why did I receive a 0 for this?

Because he was displeased that he was forced to go out of his way to obtain another copy (presumably to avoid a BTR and negative feedback, since you were already "pointing out rules" to him), and leaving neutral feedback is at the user's discression.

IronMagus, I see what you're saying, but it is his responsibility to keep track of his side of the trade. The only reason I pointed out the rules is because he was breaking them. Deckbox only works if we all, as a community, adhere to the same rules.

baller wrote:

IronMagus, I see what you're saying, but it is his responsibility to keep track of his side of the trade. The only reason I pointed out the rules is because he was breaking them. Deckbox only works if we all, as a community, adhere to the same rules.

You seem to be somewhat familiar with Deckbox rules but it seems you overlooked neutral feedback.

3.1 Manipulating feedback score by any means (Fictional trades or users) is sanctioned by banning. Neutral Feedback does not affect a user's Percentile, and is to be used at a user's discretion.

The answer to your question "why did I receive a 0" is because your trade partner can leave neutral feedback for a successful trade if they weren't happy with it. Perhaps he felt you were rude in the way you approached the situation, or just was upset. It is his discretion to whether or not you were a good trade partner. By his leaving of neutral feedback, it seems clear he didn't feel you were.

baller wrote:

Yes, he should have kept better track of his cards, and no, he shouldn't have finalized the trade without confirming he actually had them available.  But on the other hand, s--t happens, and we can't all of us be perfect, all of the time.  It was his responsibility to fulfill the agreement once he finalized the trade, and he did so, but you could also have just accepted something else of similar value in its place, or said "no harm, no foul" and agreed to just cancel the trade completely, presuming you hadn't sent your end yet either.  I'm not saying you should have done either of those, but you did have the option.  Perhaps by you bringing up the rules (implying, if not actually expressing the threat of a BTR and negative feedback, over what most would probably consider a pretty low-value trade in the first place) instead of offering up one of those other possible solutions, he felt you were bullying him into something he didn't want to do, even if that's just an extra trip to the card shop that he didn't plan on making.  Or, maybe he's just being a dick.  It's hard for any of us to say what another person's thoughts and motives are.

In the end, he was left dissatisfied by the overall trade experience, and that's what neutral feedbacks are for.  It doesn't affect your rating, you still have 100%...your trade score just didn't go up by a point.

Last edited by IronMagus (2014-09-24 19:59:26)

I had a user leave neutral feedback for me after I cancelled a card order because it was under the dollar limit I had specified. It was annoying, but I think the solution is to make it understood that neutral feedback shouldn't necessarily represent a knock against a trader, especially if it's not accompanied by an explanation.

Last edited by 9700377 (2014-09-24 23:40:33)

9700377 wrote:

I had a user leave neutral feedback for me after I cancelled a card order because it was under the dollar limit I had specified. It was annoying, but I think the solution is to make it understood that neutral feedback shouldn't necessarily represent a knock against a trader, especially if it's not accompanied by an explanation.

This. Neutral feedback doesn't affect your positive trade percentage. I am personally annoyed at the one neutral rating that I received (it was completely unwarranted, but that's a whole unrelated can of worms), but it doesn't affect smooth trading for me at all. No one has ever even asked about it.

9700377 wrote:

User left me a neutral for a trade that he didn't get the cards I sent. The kicker is, I offered to send again, or whatever solution he wanted. It was only a $4 trade. He said "i'm pretty sure my roommate stole them." and never accepted my offer to make the trade right. You just can't predict what people will do.

Last edited by jassi007 (2014-09-25 02:29:35)