Topic: Tips for selling cards on deckbox?

I find myself in need to sell some cards, but I would like to know if anyone has any advice for doing so?
I don't want to just start up a thread without knowing how I should approach it, any advice is greatly appreciated!

Re: Tips for selling cards on deckbox?

Would using TCG low for NM/NM-/SP cards be acceptable, or should I try and offer slightly below that?

I usually price somewhere between TCGPlayer mid and low, with free (non-tracked) shipping in North America. That's enough to be competitive enough with other online sources without feeling bad about selling them. Remember, if you're going to charge SCG rates, there's no reason for your potential customers to buy your cards instead of just going to SCG.

Also, personally, I don't accept gift payments. Yes, it means the seller pays the fees, but if anything goes wrong and someone paid via gift, they have no recourse.

PhyrexianLibrarian wrote:

I usually price somewhere between TCGPlayer mid and low, with free (non-tracked) shipping in North America. That's enough to be competitive enough with other online sources without feeling bad about selling them. Remember, if you're going to charge SCG rates, there's no reason for your potential customers to buy your cards instead of just going to SCG.

Also, personally, I don't accept gift payments. Yes, it means the seller pays the fees, but if anything goes wrong and someone paid via gift, they have no recourse.

I don't touch SCG prices unless I can't find it on TCG.  SCG always overcharges. tongue

Do you know what amount the fees generally are?

Last edited by Kei_Asaki (2013-09-12 20:29:12)

I think it's a percentage of the sale price, usually only like $2-$3 at most. Paypal makes their money on quantity of transactions rather than size.

Despite what posters on this forum will have you believe, don't feel obligated to race to the bottom with your prices. Everyone expects to buy cards at buylist prices and sell at full retail, and I find anyone with that attitude will cause more headaches than someone who just wants cards to play with.

Ah, that's not too bad for sale security, then. I wouldn't feel obligated to race to the bottom though.  One can't really make decent money when they do that. tongue

This is some good advice. Thanks! big_smile

It's pretty simple, just do your research and be able to beat the lowest prices from ebay/tcg for the same condition card.

Deckbox does not protect the buyer for sales.  So if someone can buy it on ebay where the buyer is extremely protected, they won't chance it on here.

I have had most of my luck selling cards a little below the best buy it now price on eBay. That pretty much gaurantees that I am offering a competitive price and I haven't had anyone complain about me selling here. You really do want to sell low though, because you aren't a store and you don't have any right to be charging store prices.

I collect funny, epic, or unique flavor texts (foil if applicable)
Looking to purchase one player rewards and one judge foil Wasteland.
Tradelist | Wishist

If you are charging more than the lowest Ebay auction or TCG price, you're asking too much.