Topic: if it aint for trade then why is it listed?!

Sorry if this has already been brought but I am sorta of new to this site and while the majority of the time people are open and receptive to new trade proposals it seems that some people are almost offended that you want their cards. Now I am not that guy who is gunna call anybody out specifically but I can't be the only this bothers, if you don't want to trade your cards then you probably shouldn't have them listed for trade on a tcg website.. ijs. Guess I could just be beating a dead horse but it irks me to end, ok I'm done now tongue

Re: if it aint for trade then why is it listed?!

Remember that some members are interested only in local trades. Others won't trade with new members (i.e., those in with below a certain trade score).  Some may have other things going on in life that are keep them away from trading for a time. [That's been my story--I was trading a lot last year and planned to take the summer off, but haven't completed a single trade since then due to other things going on.]  Others will only trade with folks in their own country, or those referred to them by friends.

Overall, don't sweat it.  Propose some trades, and give folks time to reply (not everyone check this site daily). You'll find some trade partners soon enough.

Good luck, and happy trading!

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

I've had this happen to me quite a few times as well, but I've also been the one to do it. There are two main factors behind why I myself do it:

1) I don't want a super casual card for a staple. I often have cards on my trade list that are "if the price is right" if that makes sense.

2) Someone from out of the country wants to do a trade for less than shipping is going to cost.

Also, you have to consider that people like me who use both the trading and deckbuilding aspects of the website.

I have my Avacyn listed as available for trade, when in reality you'd have to kill me for her lol.

The reason for that is because it's too much of a pain in the ass to list your cards available for trade one at a time if you'd like to exclude the ones you have more attachment to. It's far easier to deny a trade every now and then, versus having to select each card individually and add/subtract it from your trade and wishlist.

I have my entire collection listed for record keeping as well as trading. I like to have one copy of every card from a set. If  I don't want people to ask for my last copy but still want to trade with people, should I have to go through my entire collection set by set, block by block and remove all the cards with only one listed.

Even thinking about that gives me a headache.