Topic: How many people use deckbox prices vs. just looking up on TCG?

Thought I'd ask the question, I haven't traded much since the pricing shake up. I have some friends I do, and it looks like most people just still use TCG prices. Curious who is using deckbox prices and who is just still using TCG's?

Re: How many people use deckbox prices vs. just looking up on TCG?

I use deckbox prices, as have all but one of my recent trade partners, even if I'd prefer to go back to TCG-mid/min. If I were trading larger-value cards (like >$20)  I might price them out differently, but I'm mostly trading smaller stuff, and it's not worth the hassle of looking up cards, adding them up, and making sure the other person can also verify the prices.

I'd prefer to use prices here, but am making most trades at my local game store.  I find that most of my local trading partners do not accept the prices here, and we end up going to TCGplayer or using StarCityGames.

Once more people start using the site for purchases, I hope that more will trust its values as well.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

I use TCG mid still. With Autocard Anywhere it's still pretty easy to look up values. Obviously it would be more convenient to use the DB values, but they're just not good enough for me yet. Like HikingStick said, more purchases will lead to better values.

On here I use Deckbox prices. irl I use tcgmid because that's what the app I use to pricecheck uses. There's not much reason to switch unless the prices diverge substantially, and I can't think of many cases where that occurs.

I'm definitely still using TCG mid, and I don't see that changing soon.  The prices for foils (esp. judge foils) can be off a good bit, and some of the higher value cards can be similarly off in value.  It would be great not to have to put everything into MTG Trades, but I'll keep doing that as long as it is needed.