Topic: v3.9 Accepting Trades now removes cards from your inventory & wishlist

A long discussed issue and a cause for double-trading cards and other mistakes was that cards were just removed from inventories when a user marked his cards as sent.

Many users have suggested that the best way to handle this situation is to remove the cards when a trade is accepted instead.

All trades that will become accepted FROM NOW ON will have this behavior. Trades accepted and ongoing before this release, will behave the same as they did before.

To clarify, old system behavior was:

- trade is proposed
- trade is accepted [nothing happens to your sets]
- addresses are confirmed
- person A sends cards [they are removed from his inventory & tradelist]
- person B sends
- person B receives cards [they are removed from his wishlist, added to his inventory]

New behavior:

- trade is proposed
- trade is accepted [cards from both sides are removed from inventories & wishlists]
- addresses confirmed
- person A sends [nothing happens to sets]
- person B receives [cards he received are added to his inventory]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8l805fm6q9ecxp/Screenshot%202014-10-06%2013.55.20.png?dl=1

In case a trade is canceled before you marked the cards as sent, they will be returned to your inventory & tradelist.

Other fixes

* User links in trading opportunities open in new tab now again.
* Fixed "Clear All" button on trading opportunities filters
* Fixed an issue with facebook login
* Fixed an issue with accessing js files through https
* Added prices back to "my collection" listing on card pages

Re: v3.9 Accepting Trades now removes cards from your inventory & wishlist

Wooo!!!  This is much good times.

I guess the next biggest item on my person wish list: Being able to view the history (when it was confirmed, addresses exchanged, cards sent/received) of a trade after it is completed.

Nice work as always Sebi, Deckbox is still the most updated and most user-request-responsive site I've ever seen!

Keep it up man,
Shoe

Sebi, this feature is fantastic. For someone who regularly has large trades (and many of them), this will save a ton of manual work. big_smile

This will probably resolve itself pretty quickly as people cancel/complete trades, but I found out that if I canceled a trade that was proposed before this change was implemented, it added duplicates of the cards from my side of the trade into my inventory. Luckily they were small trades and I caught it quickly ("Wait a sec, I don't own two Polluted Deltas...").

psyllogism wrote:

This will probably resolve itself pretty quickly as people cancel/complete trades, but I found out that if I canceled a trade that was proposed before this change was implemented, it added duplicates of the cards from my side of the trade into my inventory. Luckily they were small trades and I caught it quickly ("Wait a sec, I don't own two Polluted Deltas...").

I just noticed this myself. It actually added some cards to the wishlist too for trades that were already completed.

Although I will say, this is Top Most Welcomed Updates to the site Sebi. Thank you.

Last edited by Helios52 (2014-10-07 12:40:42)

Looking into this.

psyllogism wrote:

The trade was actually not accepted, right? Just proposed? Because in this case it should not add the cards at all back to your inventory since they would not be removed.

Fixed now. Thank you very much psyllogism & helios for reporting. Ugly mistake on my part with canceling proposed trades.

LovesTha wrote:

I guess the next biggest item on my person wish list: Being able to view the history (when it was confirmed, addresses exchanged, cards sent/received) of a trade after it is completed.

You can see now when cards were sent & received on completed trades. Not accepted & addresses confirmed though.

This will save a lot of manual work of going into my tradelist and removing the cards in an accepted trade so they don't accidentally get double traded.  Thanks!

This is great! Thanks so much Sebi!

Awesome Sebi!

Two minor UI suggestions.

1. When looking at a trade, I think that "my" side should always be on the same side (left?) regardless of who proposes the trade first. It's sort of odd that my view changes depending on who proposes first, and I think a more consistent view would be better.

2. In the trades view, I like that you added the country and feedback score info, but it seems a little cluttered. Two suggestions: 1. I think the star and the percentage info is redundant. Can we remove the star and just leav the percentage (especially since almost everyone has 99% or 100% score, the star doesn't show much). 2. Can we align the flags visually, like  halfway between name and the righthand side, so the names are a little bit cleaner and have more whitespace around them?

Overall love the changes. Keep up the great work!

Last edited by rfioren (2014-10-07 14:24:09)

This is fantastic!  smile  Thanks so much.

Something else I noticed, that it keeps readding cards to my trade list that I take off it. Ie. I've had to keep removing the windswept heaths in my trade list and inventory even after I change them.

2. In the trades view, I like that you added the country and feedback score info...

This is helpful, but I would find some indication of when the user last logged in here extremely useful!

Helios52 wrote:

Something else I noticed, that it keeps readding cards to my trade list that I take off it. Ie. I've had to keep removing the windswept heaths in my trade list and inventory even after I change them.

Hmm, this should have been fixed just when I posted before. How does it happen? By having a proposed trade that you cancel where the Windswept Heath is added as tradeable by you?

Yes I think that might be why. Since I have multiple offers that the heath(s) are included in but are cancelled before being accepted, they are re added to my trade list and inventory. I curently only own 3 heaths (1 foil, 2 non foil) and I adjust the amount but if I cancel a trade that has a Heath included, it re adds 2 of them back to my trade list and adds 2 more to my inventory count.

Last edited by Helios52 (2014-10-07 14:23:24)

Does ordering cards remove them from my wishlist, or are they removed once they are marked shipped?

gumgodMTG wrote:

Does ordering cards remove them from my wishlist, or are they removed once they are marked shipped?

Right now they are only removed from your wishlist after you receive them, and you click "Add to my Inventory".

But I suppose it would be better to remove them when the order is placed & paid for....

sebi wrote:

But I suppose it would be better to remove them when the order is placed & paid for....

And then replaced into the wishlist if the order gets cancelled.

Helios52 wrote:

Yes I think that might be why. Since I have multiple offers that the heath(s) are included in but are cancelled before being accepted, they are re added to my trade list and inventory. I curently only own 3 heaths (1 foil, 2 non foil) and I adjust the amount but if I cancel a trade that has a Heath included, it re adds 2 of them back to my trade list and adds 2 more to my inventory count.

Very weird. I tested this and seems to not happen. Is it possible that they were canceled just before I wrote that this was fixed? I think it might be possible, judging by the timestamps of the trades in your canceled trades listing.

Kammikaze wrote:
sebi wrote:

And then replaced into the wishlist if the order gets cancelled.

Correct.

Wrote this down, will look to change it after the CSV issues.

I was able to test this with a newly accepted trade.  I think the feature looks great, and I like the message explaining what has happened and that it will be reversed if cancelled.

Total cards in a trade added!  Boom!