Topic: New Feature: Reporting Pricing Errors

Since posting in the Pricing Errors thread on the forum is pretty awkward and cumbersome, there is now a little grey link on a printing's page, right above the prices, called "Report Pricing Error".

Clicking on it and submitting the comment that appears will mark the card as mispriced for us, and I will check and adjust as necessary, and as time permits.

Please simply make a quick note in the textarea such as "Price is 25$ on starcity" or something of the sort letting us know where you saw the correct price used, it makes it a bit easier for me to quickly assess the situation.

Re: New Feature: Reporting Pricing Errors

This is gonna be very useful.  Thank you

love this feature!

What are the prices based off of / how frequent is the refresh?

This will be an amazing feature! Especially for newer people on here, if they don't know about pricing, haha.

why is Jayemdae Tome UNL worth about 40 or maybe even a little more than a Jayemdae Tome Beta, is that a pricing error or is that in fact the case.
Beer Guzzler

beerguzzler wrote:

why is Jayemdae Tome UNL worth about 40 or maybe even a little more than a Jayemdae Tome Beta, is that a pricing error or is that in fact the case.
Beer Guzzler

Lol the guy clearly lays out what you should do and how ....

beerguzzler wrote:

Beer Guzzler

Price is low on the Beta.  I reported it.  ABU games buylists the Beta at $112.

Also thank you Sebi for this feature.

beerguzzler wrote:

Beer Guzzler

"There is now a little grey link on a printing's page, right above the prices, called "Report Pricing Error"."

Why not just use TCGplayer, like we used to? Was there an issue with coding? Or intellectual property? Or...?
It seems that with the new pricing, prices vary wildly from day to day. I haven't had a trade be consistent two days in a row since we went to Deckbox pricing.

MyRevival wrote:

Why not just use TCGplayer, like we used to?

Since Deckbox is now a marketplace it's against TCG's interest to allow Deckbox to use their pricing API.

and that is causing mistakes that lead to negative feedbacks for the wrong people

This is a nice feature, thank you Deckbox crew!

If you want to increase the functionality further you could add a "price confidence meter" next to the link that indicates the number of times a price has been reported in say the last 24 hours. Ideal the more reports, the more off the price is, and the more leary user should be about trading it at the current Deckbox price. This would be great for overnight spikes in the market that are not reflected in the Deckbox price yet. It could definitely reduce the "feel bads" for people trading cards away that have spiked in other markets (say TCG), but not Deckbox.

Cheers, paul

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Yep, makes sense.

Working now on looking through the reports we received, and adjusting the pricing algorithms a little bit for cases that are often wrongly priced. I definitely want to improve this slowly to the point where we have some spike detection / warning mechanism for users.

sebi wrote:

Yep, makes sense.

Working now on looking through the reports we received, and adjusting the pricing algorithms a little bit for cases that are often wrongly priced. I definitely want to improve this slowly to the point where we have some spike detection / warning mechanism for users.

That is welcomed news! My guess is the reporting mechanisms could be pretty sensitive. I mean, one report on a price would be normal and requires attention as time warrants, 2 or more likely means the card's price is spiking and should have a disclaimer.

I know I follow MTG finance/markets on blogs and reddit just for fun, and have warned people on the Deckbox forums when prices are volatile. It would likely only take a few interested and willing community members reporting spikes to make a difference. Once you vet folks you could even grant more weight when certain people report a price issue/spike.

I am just spitballing ideas here, but I think you could definitely crowdsource much of this. 

Cheers, Paul

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist