Topic: Set a tag or location on a card in inventory

I'm trying to figure out how to tag cards in the basic inventory for location.  Say, for example, I want to set a location of a Box/Drawer number for a specific card.
Hoping to be able to use deckbox for all of my inventory needs.

Anybody have some good ideas here?

Re: Set a tag or location on a card in inventory

As far as I know, you can only add notes and tags to cards in decks, but they won't show up in the Inventory. The addition of tags in decks is a relatively recent feature (see post from Sep 2018), and it's still in a very primitive form.

I think what current premium users do to track location is to create "location decks", like Binder #1. Now that you can make it a Built Deck and specify which specific card you're using in it, it's a little easier to use decks as locations than it used to be.

I'd love to see these tags stored on library level as well.

My use case is to preserve tags used to note features like '#removal' or '#life'. I consider these properties of the card. Regardless of whether they are in a deck or simply in the library these properties remain valid.

I've asked for before, and would still very much support the ability to permanently tag cards in your collection and also set a home/storage location for cards. Right now I have many "decks" that are effectively binders or other storage locations. It would be awesome if instead we could seperated cards storage locations from their use in decks. It would also be great if then when you build decks you could move specific copies and know their location in the deck, trade or whatever.

I think the big issue is that individual cards don't really exist in the directory. Only a list of cards associated with the user. So this would probably be a dramatic change to the directory infrastructure. I'd definitely support it though if implemented!

@Sebi - Post on Reddit this week, specifically calling out potential users are not choosing Deckbox over other options because this feature is missing. https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgfinance/com … tion_tool/

- Multiple people on that post saying this is a feature they need and are turning elsewhere for
- People on this thread are talking about migrating from Deckbox because it is missing
- The Deckbox supporters are saying there are workarounds, but those are not intuitive

I highly recommend, we as a site really push this feature and the organization capabilities of this platform as this is the way to get the most people engaged in the parts of the communities that are making money for the site; premium features and singles sales.

ZombieSleeve wrote:

@Sebi - Post on Reddit this week, specifically calling out potential users are not choosing Deckbox over other options because this feature is missing. https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgfinance/com … tion_tool/

- Multiple people on that post saying this is a feature they need and are turning elsewhere for
- People on this thread are talking about migrating from Deckbox because it is missing
- The Deckbox supporters are saying there are workarounds, but those are not intuitive

I highly recommend, we as a site really push this feature and the organization capabilities of this platform as this is the way to get the most people engaged in the parts of the communities that are making money for the site; premium features and singles sales.

Agreed, I should have finished this feature years ago already. Happy to report I am currently actively working on implementing it though.

sebi wrote:

Agreed, I should have finished this feature years ago already. Happy to report I am currently actively working on implementing it though.

That's great to hear, Sebi!

There are definitely a number of users, like myself, who are excited to hear this is in the pipeline.

Please let us know if you need any Beta Testers or feedback on this functionality.

sebi wrote:

Happy to report I am currently actively working on implementing it though.

Well that is good news. Looking forward to it.

PROFILETradelistWishlist