Topic: Minor changes to set listings, Goblin Sleigh Ride, Variant Icon Option

Hello all,

Hope everyone is having a great start of the year!

The Inventory/Trade/Wishlist were getting more and more cluttered last year, and the many columns make for a confusing first experience for new users. I have trimmed down on the defaults so that the first experience is a bit cleaner.

Sadly this means that users that wish to have the former defaults present will have to re-enable them from the Columns dropdown. Have no fear, you only have to do this one time per set type, they will be remembered for the future for you.

Hopefully this has not been too much of a nuisance. Thanks for understanding!

Also some users did not consider the Variant icon for decks shown in the menu as being too useful, so it's now moved to being an option. It can be enabled by going to Edit Profile & Settings & checking it in the top right.

P.S. A couple of bugs regarding custom columns were also fixed in the process. (like the "Last Updated" column dissappearing after editing a card with the panel).

Also, Goblin Sleigh Ride is imported. (Thanks Kammikaze for the link).

Re: Minor changes to set listings, Goblin Sleigh Ride, Variant Icon Option

Hey Sebi, thanks for the changes! I already asked for this a while ago. Is there a posibility to add an Inventory Default for Foils?
I mostly collect foils and it annoys me to click on the foil button every time. This would be so cool!

Thanks!

Last edited by daktr (2016-01-07 13:32:50)

<3

Can you add back in the 'Price' column for the full card database?  The 'Min Price' isn't enough.

psrex wrote:

Can you add back in the 'Price' column for the full card database?  The 'Min Price' isn't enough.

Ah sorry, that was not supposed to be missing.

daktr wrote:

Hey Sebi, thanks for the changes! I already asked for this a while ago. Is there a posibility to add an Inventory Default for Foils?
I mostly collect foils and it annoys me to click on the foil button every time. This would be so cool!

Thanks!

Yep, on my list, just did not get to it yet. Soon! big_smile

sebi wrote:
psrex wrote:

Ah sorry, that was not supposed to be missing.

Thanks!

Later edited the announcement to add:

Also some users did not consider the Variant icon for decks shown in the menu as being too useful, so it's now moved to being an option. It can be enabled by going to Edit Profile & Settings & checking it in the top right.

Also it seems that the set/edition column is mising from the full database.. can this be added back in?

sebi wrote:
daktr wrote:

Thanks!

Yep, on my list, just did not get to it yet. Soon! big_smile

Thanks!! Das wäre absolute Oberklasse und würde mir viel Arbeit ersparen wink

Last edited by daktr (2016-01-07 22:25:14)

Kammikaze wrote:

<3

Ditto I dig the enhancements. Smooth.

PROFILETradelistWishlist

GeekMagicWarp wrote:

Also it seems that the set/edition column is mising from the full database.. can this be added back in?

Yep, it's back now.

sebi wrote:

The Inventory/Trade/Wishlist were getting more and more cluttered last year, and the many columns make for a confusing first experience for new users. I have trimmed down on the defaults so that the first experience is a bit cleaner.

Sadly this means that users that wish to have the former defaults present will have to re-enable them from the Columns dropdown. Have no fear, you only have to do this one time per set type, they will be remembered for the future for you.

Hopefully this has not been too much of a nuisance. Thanks for understanding!

P.S. A couple of bugs regarding custom columns were also fixed in the process. (like the "Last Updated" column dissappearing after editing a card with the panel).

(Some text removed from quote for clarity)

While I like the leaner look of the new default columns, I have one minor thing to report: The column selection does not work when not logged in. There is a possibility to select columns, but when you hit apply it just reloads the page as if nothing happened. I know it isn't your every day use case, but I frequently look at my own inventory when not logged in and it bugs me. Ok, to be fair, I pull my public tradelist with a script that syncs my tradelists on other (local) websites. Unfortunately, this means I can no longer effectively use deckbox as my main inventory database and will consider moving to something else.

> http://deckbox.org/users/Rainar
> Trading with anyone in Europe!

You can still use the export csv feature if what you want is exporting capabilities. URL looks like: http://deckbox.org/sets/export/1?format … Cost,Price

Could be useful to add the URL in the export dialog now that I think of it. Maybe something for a future release.

Of course you can also use other websites for inventory purposes if they serve your needs better, no hard feelings smile. Which one did you have in mind that solves these issues, I might take a look to see how the do it.

sebi wrote:

You can still use the export csv feature if what you want is exporting capabilities. URL looks like: http://deckbox.org/sets/export/1?format … Cost,Price

Could be useful to add the URL in the export dialog now that I think of it. Maybe something for a future release.

Of course you can also use other websites for inventory purposes if they serve your needs better, no hard feelings smile. Which one did you have in mind that solves these issues, I might take a look to see how the do it.

Thanks for your reply! It is always good to see the developer/owner/whatever of a site respond so fast and be willing to help.

The CSV export actually looks promising, so I'll toy around a bit with that. So far I've been parsing the cards table for all the information I need: Tradelist count, card name, 3-letter set acronym (I try to obtain these from the set image), special things (foil, signed, card grading, language). I sort them by color/type (single colors, multicolor, colorless, land), the data for which I obtain by parsing the mana symbols and type. From what I can quickly see now it seems I could restore my old functionality if I had just an easy way to obtain the 3-letter set acronym.

To be fair, I haven't had the time to look at other options yet. I've been using Deckbox for at least a couple of years now, even though Deckbox hasn't satisfied all my needs (in particular matching up the different types of promos with the way they would be listed on local trading sites; EG: PRE for prerelease promos, REL for release, FNM for FNM, POV for 'others' etc.). Writing code to interface with my synchronization methods takes time and I currently don't have a lot of it so I'm in favor of sticking to Deckbox as long as possible. For me, the ideal situation would be if Deckbox had a way to obtain all the data I need in an easy to parse way. The CSV output is actually pretty good, but as far as I can see it is missing a way to obtain the 3-letter set acronym (and the method I used based on the set image gave the old and deprecated 2-letter acronyms for older sets. I had a lookup table for that). I guess I could make a set name to acronym lookup table.

In the end, after my code has processed my inventory on Deckbox, I have outputs in multiple different formats for various websites. Most of them are in a card-tag style format, like [c]CARDNAME|EDI|#[/c], where EDI is the 3-letter set acronym and the # is an optional collectors or item number (useful for my foil basics for instance).

> http://deckbox.org/users/Rainar
> Trading with anyone in Europe!