Topic: More deck filtering options

I added a new filtering option to the site deck listing, that can be used to list some subcategories of decks:
  - decks you clicked "+1" on (liked decks)
  - decks you have viewed in the past (like a 'navigation history' of sorts)
  - your own decks, so that you can filter them by name / format / cards
  - decks you commented on

This is a first tiny step in the direction of better deck management, finding interesting and new decks, and I have more stuff planned & will announce soon. For now I just added a little link in the menu for "liked decks", and it's probably confusing and unintuitive, but I plan to clean the whole deck stuff up.

Next up is a primitive "deck finder" that would show decks you can build from the inventory cards, and finally some Arena support, cause it's almost out of beta!

Re: More deck filtering options

Great. This is useful in deck building, encouraging comments / +1's instead of using bookmarks or straight copies of decks that peak my interest. Searching a card or group of cards in my ridiculously long list of decks is good to rekindle a spark based on past brews.

Search across the board (All Decks, My Decks, Card Database, Trading Opportunities, Rules Text et al) would benefit greatly from Boolean searches or least the addition of multiple fields (like rules text or subtype) that could incorporate AND and OR.

Thanks Sebi. Looking forward to the improvements and new features to come!

PROFILETradelistWishlist

search & filter function doesn't work in inventory: i try to filter my foil and the result don't appear

PunBB bbcode testPROFILEInventoryTradelistWishlist

bellerofonte1986 wrote:

search & filter function doesn't work in inventory: i try to filter my foil and the result don't appear

Thanks for reporting, fixed now.

Hey, thanks for continuing to add features!

Just a question - is there a reason why you can't filter by "Commander" as a format? It's pretty much all I play.
Also, sorry if this has been asked, but related to this do you plan to add functionality to show partner commanders when a deck is tagged as commander format? At present you can only mark one card as your commander.

Thanks!

sebi wrote:

Thanks for reporting, fixed now.

Thanks a lot

PunBB bbcode testPROFILEInventoryTradelistWishlist

Sebi,

Any chance you could add a new deck type of "Storage"? I'm using the new edition/condition feature in my decks and it's working out pretty well for keeping track of what's in my binders. I've discovered a number of errors in my inventory as a result.

After this, the only thing I'd be missing would be the ability to move specific editions/conditions of a card from one deck to another. My ultimate inventory management tool would exist!

Thanks!

Last edited by Boogada (2018-08-24 21:39:21)

Hamish wrote:

Just a question - is there a reason why you can't filter by "Commander" as a format? It's pretty much all I play.
Also, sorry if this has been asked, but related to this do you plan to add functionality to show partner commanders when a deck is tagged as commander format? At present you can only mark one card as your commander.

Thanks!

Thank you for all the hard work you put into this site!

I know this is just adding stuff to your plate, most likely, but I'd love to see a feature, going off of what Hamish said, added where tagging a deck as Commander and setting said commander to whichever card(s) would sort of 'lock' the deck to the color identity and 'red flag' cards not in that identity, by using their existing color/cost flags as a guide.

Granted, some cards featuring additional colors in their rules text would probably still slip through the cracks as the cost/color only looks at the casting CMC and not the whole card itself. sad

Another, unrelated, request that I would like to make, since we can now choose versions, is the addition of a generic-ish proxy icon so that I can tell, at a glance, if I am using my real Doubling Season in a certain deck or a printed proxy, as I do that to prevent having to hunt-n-find and then re-sleeve deck sharing.

Last edited by Chaophim (2018-08-28 06:10:11)

Hamish wrote:

Thanks!

Commander is listed under "Variants" as opposed to formats, and that was not available as a filter for some reason. It is now!

Boogada wrote:

Sebi,

Any chance you could add a new deck type of "Storage"? I'm using the new edition/condition feature in my decks and it's working out pretty well for keeping track of what's in my binders. I've discovered a number of errors in my inventory as a result.

After this, the only thing I'd be missing would be the ability to move specific editions/conditions of a card from one deck to another. My ultimate inventory management tool would exist!

Thanks!

I added a new Variant named "Other". Would that work?

sebi wrote:
Hamish wrote:

Thanks!

Commander is listed under "Variants" as opposed to formats, and that was not available as a filter for some reason. It is now!

As always, thank you!

sebi wrote:
Boogada wrote:

Sebi,

Thanks!

I added a new Variant named "Other". Would that work?

Sure, that'll work.

Thanks!

sebi wrote:

Next up is a primitive "deck finder" that would show decks you can build from the inventory cards [...]

This has to be one of the more promising features I have seen you propose, which is no dig on others. I often spend little time browsing other people's profiles for inspirations because so many things are simply lists of cards, not intended for play. I would ask this, though: will this only work for decks that are listed as completed decks (premium feature), or for anything? Also, will it be possible to filter results based upon format, deck size, etc.?