Topic: More per-edition inventory statistics

There's a new count on each edition listed on the editions page, representing the total number of printings in the set.

For premium users, there are 2 more counts for each: the number of printings you have a playset of, the number of printings you have at least 1 card of, and the cell is highlighted with a background color when it is incomplete / complete singleton / complete playset.

Let me know what you think and what you'd like added or changed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzzvogihdiqsdl7/Screenshot%202018-09-11%2019.44.30.png?dl=1

Re: More per-edition inventory statistics

Very cool! Thanks!

Maybe a way to add/filter foil Singleton/playset count.

Not crazy about the fact that it takes into account supplemental products like planeswalker decks, etc.  I find it a little misleading since I have collected every set since M15 but this tool shows I am short cards for each set due to inclusion of the supplemental products.  That being said, should those supplemental products really be considered part of the set?  I can see reasons for including/excluding on both sides of the fence.  I wish wizards would have just kept them completely separate.  I mean, they should know  they are messing with OCD Magic collectors ability to track their collection as they wish.  C'mon Man!

Love it! Really useful when collecting complete sets, monitoring collection progress and identifying areas of need within my collection.

As always. Thanks

p.s. What happened to Journey to Nyx on the Editions page? It seems to have gone on a journey away from the page :-)

Last edited by 10211880309057406 (2018-09-11 20:24:20)

Noble Hierarch

I love it. The only request I would have is some way of turning off counting basics in the totals in counting completes. (so marking a set as complete if you have everything but the basic lands).

Love it

Now, it would be nice to also see the $$$ amount required to complete a set to singleton or full playset, so that collectors like myself can focus in on the sets that are cheapest to complete first.

GraveyardSlim wrote:

Not crazy about the fact that it takes into account supplemental products like planeswalker decks, etc.  I find it a little misleading since I have collected every set since M15 but this tool shows I am short cards for each set due to inclusion of the supplemental products.  That being said, should those supplemental products really be considered part of the set?  I can see reasons for including/excluding on both sides of the fence.  I wish wizards would have just kept them completely separate.  I mean, they should know  they are messing with OCD Magic collectors ability to track their collection as they wish.  C'mon Man!

This!  I really dislike how both Wizards and Deckbox handle this. The complete set should be counted for the cards included in that editions boosters and included in the set numbering.  If you get a set redemption this is what you get.  Everything else could be included either in Supplemental sets - by product name (Intro pack, Planeswalker Deck Name, etc.)

This is especially frustrating when using the add one want of each set, add one of each set function!

No I do not want to add one of each of the planeswalker and intro deck cards... Please make this optional or seperate it off completely!

I do understand the frustration here, I'm not ignoring this, it's just that I'm not sure how to efficiently allocate some time to do this...

I need to manually find all the editions where this happens, find out which exactly are the printings that are "special", decide what other edition to split it off in and move all the things one by one.

I get all the data mostly from gatherer, which is why it's organised as it is now.

Hi!

First of all, great addition to the site.
In the same train of thought of this feature, i was wondering about the feasibility of a statistic on a card by card basis to check if there are already 4 of that card across all sets. So there could be one more column showing the number of sets already owned taking into account cards from other sets with the same Name/GathererID.