Topic: Feature Request: Support for Proxies

I am getting into cube and older formats and there are (casual) events that allow a certain number of proxy cards.  I can add these to a deck but I'd like to be able to add a card that's proxied to my collection which has no value but is in my inventory somewhere.  The only way for me to solve this right now is to have a deck of the cards that I have proxied and use this list to figure out which cards I have proxied and which deck the proxy is in.  Figuring out if the card is real or a proxy requires me to go to the individual card and see it's both in a deck and in my proxy deck.  I could use the altered tag but this assumes the actual copy of the card for pricing and set purposes.  Thinking through implementation details maybe there isn't a good way to do this but it's a feature I'd like to see.  Maybe you have better ideas than I do about an item in inventory with no set and no value. As I work through the backlog of current proxies to trade for real cards, I'd like to have the joy of moving a card from a proxy to a real card and see my collection reflect that value vs. a collection that's worth thousands more because of my proxied power 9 and Tabernacles.

Re: Feature Request: Support for Proxies

I figured out the solution.  Right now the lowest quality of a card is "Poor."  I'd like a quality of "Proxy" at 0% value.  This solves all of my wishes with (potentially) a small amount of work.

I +1 this feature request. It has definitely been suggested before in the forums!

A couple comments:

I agree that the backend server "tech" is already there in the form of condition valuation. However, I don't think that "proxy" should be a condition, but rather a flag like "foil" or "signed". Sebi would just have to have the flag hook into the same code that the conditions currently hook into. One reason I like this better is it'll be much more readily visible which cards are proxies when there's an extra icon (kind of like picking out foils is easy), rather than just a differently colored star icon.

One thing to note is that in the current system, the condition-based prices of cards aren't actually what show up in the Avg. price column of your inventory or decks (or in the Approx. Value / Cards Not Owned fields of decks). Those prices are based on NM. The only place that the condition-based price matters is in Inventory > View > Total Set Value. I'd personally like to also see all the other prices adjusted (or have an option to choose whether you're shown NM-based or condition-based), but in the meantime, it's not actually all that important for a proxy flag to affect the price (in other words, if that would be a major deterrent to implementing this feature, then don't let it be!).

I'd like to bump this a bit to see if there's any movement.  I've been running into the same issue, and in the Revised set cube I'm building I have several cards that will be proxies because I'd rather keep the actual card in a binder.  Wheel of Fortune, for example.

It would be fantastic to have a way to mark cards as proxies.  Any news?

As someone who currently doesn't use proxies but is on the verge of jumping into them due to ever-increasing prices, I'd like to +1 this idea as well!

I am also on board with this because I have a few proxies that I have that am no longer using that I would love to put up for trade. I can pass the proxy I am not using anymore off to someone who might use it, but I don't want to represent it as an actual card as that would just create confusion.

I've been building a cube also and have a few proxies in it and it would be great to be able to tag them as such.  I have a mental limit of 100$ cards in the cube everything over gets proxied.

A status that would make the value of the proxies not reflect in the value of our collections would be great.  Also, trading proxies would be nice so other people could use them when they are not needed anymore.

A status as foil would be the best I think.

I'd like to +1 this as well, it would be great to see if I can play a casual deck in its current state

+1 to this idea. I would use this for my cube.

+1 for this for me as well Sebi.  Like others who have commented before, I am building a cube, and would use proxy cards for very expensive cards, or cards I intend to purchase gradually over time to swap out the proxy.  Having a "proxy" option allows for us to keep a full deck list on the site, without messing with the inventory counts.  Creating either a proxy edition for a card would be very helpful... or no edition with a proxy flag option.  Is this a possibility?

Thanks for the great site... I think I would be lost without it!

+1 for this
I use proxies in my EDH decks for cards that I have, for example I had a Mox Diamond but I would like it in multiple decks so I use proxies in place of it. The playgroup knows openly and are fine with it. This would be a terrific feature.

+1 to this!

+1 this as well!

+1

Guess I am jumping on the bandwagon here.  I was just trying to figure out how to add proxies to my inventory.  I just assumed there would be a checkbox for it, but I guess not.  I would REALLY like to have this feature.

me too please

+1

used "misprint" flag in the past, also like the "poor" quality workaround someone else suggested.

Features that would be "needed" on top might include something like "non proxy #s owned etc" to verify if you have enough of a card to build a tournament legal deck

+1
Would love a "Proxy" tag with $0 value

+1 - $0 when tagged as proxy

Same here, would love to have a proxy feature as I own only one card of very pricey card without messing the overall total value of my collection.

I order my proxies online so it has value to me to know if I have enough proxies of some cards I play in different decks...

X2 to have proxy cards added as $0 value instances to inventory... thanks for at least having tags.

this would be so awesome if added. It is literally the only addition I wish for.

I wanted to make sure to thank the dev for adding this feature. Thanks!