Re: Sunsetting the marketplace

Is the sunsetting complete? I'm still ajusting my card prices on a regular basis, am I doing that for nothing?

Fueled wrote:

Is the sunsetting complete? I'm still ajusting my card prices on a regular basis, am I doing that for nothing?

Yes, it is now almost complete, users cannot purchase cards anymore. sad

Hey Sebi, I had a guy reach out to me via email that used to buy cards all the time, asking if I still would. He’d pointed out that my account apparently still has some cards marked as Cards for Sale, but not all are in the trade list. I have been poking around the account and various spots trying to figure out how to differentiate between Tradelist and Cards for Sale, but for the list of me I cannot pinpoint it. Are you familiar with this issue?

freakwerks wrote:

Hey Sebi, I had a guy reach out to me via email that used to buy cards all the time, asking if I still would. He’d pointed out that my account apparently still has some cards marked as Cards for Sale, but not all are in the trade list. I have been poking around the account and various spots trying to figure out how to differentiate between Tradelist and Cards for Sale, but for the list of me I cannot pinpoint it. Are you familiar with this issue?

There are still a couple of spots referencing "cards for sale". Will remove the coming days.

sebi wrote:

I am planning to sunset and eventually close the marketplace features on deckbox.org.

If you have any feedback or questions I will be happy to respond.

That's a damn shame. I had aTCGPlayer store, but got fed up with them recently (they've continued to shaft online sellers). I hadn't visited here in a while, but came here today to buy some cards and couldn't find the marketplace I remembered. A lot of TCGplayer sellers are fed up with their platform and have been looking for an alternative. I would have loved to set up shop here.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

sebi wrote:

I am planning to sunset and eventually close the marketplace features on deckbox.org.

If you have any feedback or questions I will be happy to respond.

That's a damn shame. I had aTCGPlayer store, but got fed up with them recently (they've continued to shaft online sellers). I hadn't visited here in a while, but came here today to buy some cards and couldn't find the marketplace I remembered. A lot of TCGplayer sellers are fed up with their platform and have been looking for an alternative. I would have loved to set up shop here.

KnifeySkarekrow wrote:
Raisincineroar wrote:

My only suggestion is to keep card value on the site, but pull from TCGplayer, if you can. Or CardKingdom, either or, but many people I know use TCGPlayer for equal value trades.

Otherwise its sad to see this go, even if I didnt use it.

I agree with this, it makes trading SO much easier than back when I used to do online trading in the mid 2000's on pojo, official WOTC forums, and Salvation.

Pulling TCGplayer pricing isn't likely to happen. It's a long story that goes back to the early days of Deckbox.org. In short, we used to have TCGplayer pricing on the site. TCGplayer didn't like how the site was moving toward a marketplace, and Sebi and the team got cut off.

HikingStick wrote:

I hadn't visited here in a while, but came here today to buy some cards and couldn't find the marketplace I remembered.

PSSSSST.  Reach out to users directly; I'm sure they'd sell you stuff via the Trade functionality.

LewtHoar wrote:
HikingStick wrote:

I hadn't visited here in a while, but came here today to buy some cards and couldn't find the marketplace I remembered.

PSSSSST.  Reach out to users directly; I'm sure they'd sell you stuff via the Trade functionality.

While I did come to the site to buy today, my real motivation was to look at moving my inventory to the Deckbox Marketplace which is, regrettably, no more.

Last edited by HikingStick (2024-04-08 14:38:52)

HikingStick wrote:

Pulling TCGplayer pricing isn't likely to happen.

I did add the tcgplayer pricing options back, a month or 2 ago. There's "tcgplayer market" and "tcgplayer low" available.