Topic: H: Old Magic Sealed Boosters W: Shocks and Wishlist

Have the following sealed boosters for trade (plus other tradelist items of course.) Pictures of the product attached can be found at http://imgur.com/a/WqpfS

2x Sixth Edition
3x Onslaught
5x Fifth Edition
2x Planeshift
3x 7th Edition
2x Starter 1999

Using SCG as _rough_ estimate for prices, but I'm very flexible.

Highest priority wants are RTR block shocks and standard staples (Jace, AoT and Sphinx's Revelation mainly)

Please open a trade and send a message if you're interested, I'm happy to negotiate!

Re: H: Old Magic Sealed Boosters W: Shocks and Wishlist

Unfortunately with box mapping being a thing, it is going to be hard to convince people to trade for these at face value

lazarofn wrote:

Unfortunately with box mapping being a thing, it is going to be hard to convince people to trade for these at face value

Totally would make sense for me to have mapped a dozen packs over 6 sets. Thank you for your concern.

jagerads wrote:
lazarofn wrote:

Totally would make sense for me to have mapped a dozen packs over 6 sets. Thank you for your concern.

I don't think he was accusing you - he was probably just saying that if you have loose packs without stating where they came from, there's always a significant risk they were mapped before you even got them.

That is indeed what I meant. I did not mean to offend

asmodeanreborn wrote:
jagerads wrote:
lazarofn wrote:

I don't think he was accusing you - he was probably just saying that if you have loose packs without stating where they came from, there's always a significant risk they were mapped before you even got them.

I highly doubt there's a source I could get these from that would at all ease people's minds about whether or not they were mapped. What's the point of suggesting any of this if the answer doesn't matter? Additionally, I never said I'm using the retail price as the value. I said I was using them as a rough estimate and am willing to negotiate. I don't really appreciate the spam in the thread.

Like dude stated, with box mapping everyone's paranoid now.  Pretty much sucks now if you have unopened packs of anything.  Honestly, it would be better to just open them.  Course that's just my 2¢

Is it just me or is ops behaviour making it seem more and more like they're mapped?

Tradelist  Wishlist

Everyday I'm Shufflin'

bgp5009 wrote:

Is it just me or is ops behaviour making it seem more and more like they're mapped?

How is being upset at people spamming my trade thread shady behavior? Everyone and their mother knows about pack mapping. Why is it so important for people to come in here and spam my thread with useless info that people already understand as a risk? I don't go into every single trade thread here and post a message stating that OP's cards could be counterfeit, but that would be just as useful as these people saying these packs could be mapped. There's absolutely nothing in my "behavior" that should suggest these are mapped. Being upset at spam is a completely reasonable reaction. Now stop adding to the spam please.

Note OP is still just arguing and still hasn't mentioned where he got the packs. Prior to now no one has accused you of anything and you are overly defensive. It wasn't spam the guys were just trying to help you and the community out. You turned it into an argument with your unnecessary, shady, overly defensive behaviour. If they aren't mapped just chill out bro.

jagerads wrote:
bgp5009 wrote:

How is being upset at people spamming my trade thread shady behavior? Everyone and their mother knows about pack mapping. Why is it so important for people to come in here and spam my thread with useless info that people already understand as a risk? I don't go into every single trade thread here and post a message stating that OP's cards could be counterfeit, but that would be just as useful as these people saying these packs could be mapped. There's absolutely nothing in my "behavior" that should suggest these are mapped. Being upset at spam is a completely reasonable reaction. Now stop adding to the spam please.

Tradelist  Wishlist

Everyday I'm Shufflin'

Just let the man trade his goods.  If people did not know about mapping they certainly do now.  If anyone wants old packs then possible mapping won't stop them.

Reading this thread is like 15 people beating the same dead horse.  Let it go.

http://pwp.wizards.com/5101743434/Scorecards/Landscape.png

I'm with Scurvy on this one... Just leave the man be unless you're interested in the packs.

Given the age of the packs, it's nigh impossible for them to be mapped, since box mapping is a recent thing.  I don't know about you guys, but tablets and iphones and apps weren't even out yet when I was playing with Onslaught, you know... back when it was released in 2002.

Leave the guy alone unless you want the packs, and stop spreading paranoia.

I might be interested in trading for some packs depending on if I have anything you want.  I'm aware that box mapping is a thing, I've read about it online and watched youtube videos.  Everyone here knows it exists, but the accusations in this thread are stupid. 

No one is going to map these sets, because it's not worth the effort of mapping the boxes or moving the mapped packs.  Sure someone might map starter for the tutor, but the set also has a $50 UNCOMMON, so who cares?  Also look at his photos, Some of these (including starter) are in blister packs. 

The core sets don't have anything of massive value either, with the exception of 7th edition foils, and foils are also harder to map from what I understand of it.  I opened a box of 7th when it was still in print.  Trust me when I say keeping these sealed was the way to go. 

I guess Onslaught could be a concern for those people who think they are going to crack fetch lands.  The chances of opening a specific rare are so slim on a couple of individual packs it's a completely moot point.