Topic: Wishing everyone a successful Pre-release

I hope everyone has a great pre-release. PLAY  TO WIN!!!!

Re: Wishing everyone a successful Pre-release

You too happy guy!  You have a FANTASTIC prerelease! big_smile

Yep! Same for everyone, to bad I work during it. Oh well cannot afford to go right now anyway hmm

thanks im excited for this one... Going Black I think!

My store back home is running FOUR prereleases. And I'm going to all of them big_smile So excited! Theros looks awesome. I hope you all have great prereleases too.

Give me all your cards! tongue

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

Trade me all the Scry Lands tongue

Neokarasu wrote:

Ewwwww...why?! yikes

UnstableFlux wrote:
Neokarasu wrote:

Ewwwww...why?! yikes

Because they're bad.  So you don't want them.

Gotta go red, man.  Ember Swallower is a total bomb!

Hope every one has fun at their pre-releases. I can't drive out to Vegas for any this weekend. So someone have fun for me.

I collect Imperiosaurs, Dark Magician Girls, Judgement Dragons, and Adarkar Unicorns.
Profile | Tradelist | Wishlist

I can only make it to one this weekend which is sad face.  Hoping to pull/trade for some Thoughtseizes, B/U scry lands, Thassas, or Hero's Demises.

LEGGOOOOOO!!

Always looking for modern and legacy staples.

Neokarasu wrote:

I mean, I know they will see some standard play (sadly) but hording them?! Ballsy. I only need a R/B, G/W, R/W to replace some generic ETB tapped two color producing lands in EDH decks :s

I dunno man, I think the Scry lands will end up being pretty powerful.

The ability for JUNK and B//G players to sift through their lands is NUTZ. Think of it this way: how sick is preordain? so now if you play 4x of each color you need, you get 1/3 of a card banned in modern..... Sounds insane to me

ETBT is also a massive drawback for most decks hmm

UnstableFlux wrote:

ETBT is also a massive drawback for most decks hmm

Well I guess we will have to plan out our turns and be a little less aggro... Not a bad thing IMO. (Burning earth fans please keep it down.... LOL).

I do see what you're saying, but control players really don't care that much and the spells in their colors will back them up....

I think the new scry lands will be awesome.  Do I know how to build my deck properly to take advantage of them?  No, probably not - but I am looking forward to learning how to use them.  Scry 1 is a very powerful ability and will undoubtedly be used to set up a lot of very powerful game-ending plays.  A lot of people are ragging on these lands pretty hard, perhaps because there isn't a pre-made shell which these lands fit into.  Proper use of these lands is likely to be very skill testing both in terms of deck construction and when to play them.  Wizards have been very good to the game for a while now and I suspect there is some solid reasoning behind why they are excited by these lands.

grossoggodeckbox wrote:

I think the new scry lands will be awesome.  Do I know how to build my deck properly to take advantage of them?  No, probably not - but I am looking forward to learning how to use them.  Scry 1 is a very powerful ability and will undoubtedly be used to set up a lot of very powerful game-ending plays.  A lot of people are ragging on these lands pretty hard, perhaps because there isn't a pre-made shell which these lands fit into.  Proper use of these lands is likely to be very skill testing both in terms of deck construction and when to play them.  Wizards have been very good to the game for a while now and I suspect there is some solid reasoning behind why they are excited by these lands.

And the crowd goes wild!!!!! WELL PLAYED!!!!

UnstableFlux wrote:
Neokarasu wrote:

I mean, I know they will see some standard play (sadly) but hording them?! Ballsy. I only need a R/B, G/W, R/W to replace some generic ETB tapped two color producing lands in EDH decks :s

I've enjoyed playing with them and all of the 2-color decks I will make while Theros is in Standard will likely have a playset.  I see no reason not to get a full playset of all of them. 

I don't think their value will rise for a while but I wouldn't be surprised if they do post-RTR rotation.

Tip for everyone here... sit across from me and you'll open great cards while watching me shake my head in disbelief/frustration.

grossoggodeckbox wrote:

He shoots, he scores! big_smile

Neokarasu wrote:
UnstableFlux wrote:
Neokarasu wrote:

I've enjoyed playing with them and all of the 2-color decks I will make while Theros is in Standard will likely have a playset.  I see no reason not to get a full playset of all of them. 

I don't think their value will rise for a while but I wouldn't be surprised if they do post-RTR rotation.

They will almost certainly go up once RTR rotates. They'll probably follow a pattern similar to Innistrad enemy duals.

I won! Went undefeated with red/black. Top cards of the night:
The whip
The hammer
B/U planeswalker (aka the scooper)
Elspeth
Black hero
Scry mechanic
Thoughtseize
R/B 2 drop zombie
The Pegasus (this guy is broken in limited!!!)

Would like to hear how everyone else did.