Topic: Suspicious Trader

Has anyone else gotten a trade request for Scavenging Ooze from this user: http://deckbox.org/users/lastsis ?

He offered a playset of Scavenging Ooze promo for $40-$45 worth of cards.  Chances are they're for the codes (which we have determined is scummy and shouldn't be allowed on Deckbox) but he evaded that question when asked.  Anyone else got the same vibe from him?

Re: Suspicious Trader

Neokarasu wrote:

Has anyone else gotten a trade request for Scavenging Ooze from this user: http://deckbox.org/users/lastsis ?

He offered a playset of Scavenging Ooze promo for $40-$45 worth of cards.  Chances are they're for the codes (which we have determined is scummy and shouldn't be allowed on Deckbox) but he evaded that question when asked.  Anyone else got the same vibe from him?

Yes, same deal. 99% sure they are just codes.

its funny, I just got an offer from him, he said that he'd send his side first but it still gives me a bad vibe.

What do you mean by codes? I'm afraid I'm not tracking.

Barcod3 wrote:

The promo codes for Duels 13 for PC/MAC/Android/iPad gave you a promo Scavenging Ooze. People either hacked the codes or photoshopped the pictures into making whatever code they wanted. Essentially trying to trade you fake coupons.

merged wrote:
Barcod3 wrote:

The promo codes for Duels 13 for PC/MAC/Android/iPad gave you a promo Scavenging Ooze. People either hacked the codes or photoshopped the pictures into making whatever code they wanted. Essentially trying to trade you fake coupons.

Thanks for the info, super informative smile

this is the email i got from them

jill tacey

12:24 AM (0 minutes ago)

to me
ok what im ofering is 4 codes what you will have to do is go to your local store make sure they have android packs left and see if they will give you 4 do this by phone if u have more than one store near you then call them all . i will email yoou the codes 4 different numbers these codes will get you 1 pack per number per store . this is against deck box rules so we cant do this trade on deck box . so if your ok with this simply cancle our trade and email me from now on if not cancle my trade and just say no . if u have other question please ask before you get upset and cancle on me .
To: lastsis_82@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2013 1:12 AM
Subject: trade

and yes, they asked to speak through email instead of the chat box

Last edited by fergerger (2013-10-11 05:26:46)

fergerger wrote:

jill tacey

to me
ok what im ofering is 4 codes what you will have to do is go to your local store make sure they have android packs left and see if they will give you 4 do this by phone if u have more than one store near you then call them all . i will email yoou the codes 4 different numbers these codes will get you 1 pack per number per store . this is against deck box rules so we cant do this trade on deck box . so if your ok with this simply cancle our trade and email me from now on if not cancle my trade and just say no . if u have other question please ask before you get upset and cancle on me .

Deliberate attempt to circumvent Deckbox rules... I'm pretty sure that's ban-worthy.

Trading promo codes is against the rules now since users cowabunga2 and odamjames were banned for it.
http://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13789
Reported to admin

Last edited by morph66 (2013-10-11 12:42:09)

fergerger wrote:

jill tacey

to me

That's what I figure they would send me via email.  I refused to give out my email to some random person so I didn't follow through that step to confirm.  I've already informed Sebi last night but with this proof, he should be able to act on it now.

Morph, I got a trade offer from Cowabunga2 about a month ago. Glad I didn't accept lol. "Anything that seems too good to be true, probably is."

Always looking for modern and legacy staples.

We've emailed lastsis and notified him that it's not allowed to trade ooze tokens here anymore.