Topic: Graveyard Manipulation

Hey all just a question for you.

I have a new Mimeoplasm deck (Shown Here) and so far it runs really well. It mills consistently to fill graveyards and it forces sacrifice, and I can get out win conditions pretty quickly; but I have little actually graveyard manipulation other than Living Death, Animate Dead, and my general himself. I want to change that.

Any suggestions on other cards to grab? Any suggestions on cards to drop?

Last edited by AmarusCameron (2014-01-13 17:03:43)

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

Re: Graveyard Manipulation

You should think about Bojuka Bog, in case someone else is running a graveyard based deck and you're helping them too much.

Necromancy, Rise of the dark realms, Exhume, Sheoldred, Grave Betrayal?

Trying to keep the mana curve lower, I noticed all of those cards as well, especially Ride of the Dark Realms but my curve is already around 4 with what I have and I wanted it to be around 3. Exhume I can take a look at putting in, but sheoldred, grave betrayal, and rise are all seven or over and that is a little too rich for my aims. I'm looking for like 2 colorless 2 black put target creature from your graveyard back into play or something to that effect maybe for 5. Does that exist outside of what I already have?

Thanks for the thoughts so far.

Edit: looked up necromancy, that looks good too big_smile

Last edited by AmarusCameron (2014-01-13 19:09:13)

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

What about reanimate? It costs a little life but makes up for it in versatility and cheapness. Best reanimation spell ever printed imho.

Yup that looks useful, I'll add that to the list as well smile

Thanks all.

Buried Alive puts creatures in your graveyard while Zombify gets them out.

Grim Return is Reincarnation #2.

Life's Finaleis a Wrath+Buried Alive an opponent.

Depending on how hard you want to push milling as a possible win condition, you also have the Tombstone Stairwell/Altar of Dementia combo.

Does an empty library come up enough to make Laboratory Maniac worth it?

Hope this helped!

My Tradelist          My Wishlist
Work hard, play harder, rest easy.

Cards I ran in mine
Reanimate
Hells care taker
Animate dead
Grim return
Necromancy
Exhume
Dread return
Zombify
Diabolic servitude
And for late game (which almost all edh games run into)
Sheoldred
Debtors knell
Rise of dark realms

I would love to use Debtors knell but the white mana is out of my reach.

Reanimate, Grime Return, Necromancy, Zombify, and Diabolic Servitude are all on my "to acquire" list now.

Im a big fan of Tortured Existence. Being able to basically exchange creatures with ones in in your hand is pretty good. Combined with Surivial of the Fittest and people are going to have problems. Granted its not exactly a reanimation but your general should have no problem doing that wink

You can always run Strands of Night too

Last edited by Helios52 (2014-01-15 17:05:01)

Wow I really like tortured existence! I need to grab me one of those!

Thanks for the ideas Helios.

Problem with all these suggestions is now I need to figure what to cut out.

Any ideas on that end? (lab manic can go I guess I get half way down sometimes but not much lower than that)

As far as what to drop I would maybe suggest Desecration Demon. He's not that amazing in edh, all you need is someone playing prosh to have 20,000000 pain in the ass kobold tokens to sac and he's useless.  Another I would consider is Feldon's Cane, you have (and are adding) spells that like stuff in your graveyard, and if you need it back you already have the Psychic Spiral and an eldrazi lord in there.

Alright, so the cane and lab maniac and DD are ok to get the axe. Anyone else see anything that might not be overly useful. It's hard to cut when you can see a use for everything, you just stop thinking about the things that would shut you down and only think about what you could do =P

Personally I would drop Killing Wave. I really do like the idea of the card and what it forces opponents to choose but in format where life is so high to start it loses some of its punch. I would much rather play Life's Finale since you blow up the board and get to look through someones deck for their 3 best creatures and just reanimate those with your Mimeo.

Your also missing the king of all broken reanimation enablers in Hermit Druid. I would run him over the Guul Daz Assasin.

Good point, I'll switch those two out and I'll grab a hermit druid some how, having land is never bad, especially when I'm self milling.