Topic: 5 color commander!

Hey guys im trying to decide on which 5 colour commander I would like to pick. Im not sure if I wanna go with a tribal thing or just a 5 colour good stuff deck. Hoping to get some advice and help. Any help is grealty appreciated!

Re: 5 color commander!

If you want a 5 color anything child of alara is cool. But i went slivers there are 4 five color slivers and a ton of cool slivers. Have a hivelord if you decide on it too smile

Slivers is a fun idea. I like Sliver Overlord as a commander. Add an Amoeboid changeling and you can steal any creatures you want.

Another idea is Reaper King. May seem like a weak commander but if you put conspiracy and xenograft in there you can make the rest if the deck any theme you want. Im currently working on a reaper king deck myself and I think it may be my best commander deck yet.

Horde of notions is another fun card. There are tons of good elemental cards that can work good with it. Ive toyed with the idea of building one myself.

I have a Reaper King deck. It is all artifact and Myr with Conspiracy in it. It's a blast! I suggest the reaper king only if you are going to try for the scarecrow tear affect though.
Myr

I also have a Sliver Overlord deck, it is slivers pure and simple. Fun to play, I love seeing the look on my friends faces when I pull it, and then they switch decks trying to counter it before any are even on the filed lol
Slivers

Horde of Notions is my other Penta colors general. I went the elemental route with this and I love it. I run it mostly lowyn/shadowmoor themed but there are so many elementals in magic that you can put whatever flavors you desire in it, it is also a hasty 5/5 general great for sneaking in commander damage.
Elementals

I also used to run a Scion of the Ur Dragon deck, dragon themed of course and that was fun. Had whenever I couldn't find that dragon I needed, I would clutch him has scion, got the beats when I needed it. Won with commander damage mostly in that deck. Careful thought it gets expensive to cast.

Last edited by AmarusCameron (2014-08-07 15:34:02)

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

I've got 3 different 5-colour decks:
- Slivers
- Planeswalkers (currently on about 28 PW's and still looking for room for the new Ajani and Garruk, it'll become problematic when Commander 2014 is released)
- Sideboard.dec

There's an upkeep.dec currently in the making.

The fun thing is: people know I have a Sliver-deck, so I always grab Sliver Overlord as my general for all 5C decks. In the beginning, people were confused why it took so long for the slivers to come out.

Btw: all of the decks are free of fetch, shock-duals and original duals. Green and artifact-fetch are all good enough and Exotic Orchards, Command Towers, Vivid lands, triple-lands etc. are good enough for me.

I can second that, I had fetch lands in my decks but when they were high I traded them off. Haven't really looked back. The vivids and green ramp work just fine, farseek or sylvan scrying are always great for my shocks. (Yeah I still use shocks, but I've never even owned an original dual)

Last edited by AmarusCameron (2014-08-13 14:03:05)

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

I have a 5 color Manlands deck that uses Child of Alara as my commander and I'm really having fun with it. But of course you need Crucible of Worlds in that and I'm glad I found a friend willing to trade me one.

Last edited by Varda (2014-08-21 00:17:51)

And you've probably got Wasteland, Dust Bowl, Ghost Quarter and Tectonic Edge in there as well?

Varda wrote:

I have a 5 color Manlands deck that uses Child of Alara as my commander and I'm really having fun with it. But of course you need Crucible of Worlds in that and I'm glad I found a friend willing to trade me one.