Topic: v3.11 Flags: Oversized Misprint Altered Artist-Proof. Deprecated Promo

Promo & Textless

The Promo and Textless flags are now deprecated, and will be removed in a later release. They are not necessary anymore as we have imported all the promo and extras editions, so you can select the correct card edition for these now. This has the benefit of then showing correct pricing information and correct images for that specific promo.

There is now a warning displayed on your homepage if you have any cards in your inventory marked with the promo or textless flags, and a link to a filter that will help you remove the flags and set the correct edition.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vx7bwg4ameuvb1/Screenshot%202014-10-29%2015.55.22.png?dl=1

If you had cards flagged as promo and they had an unambiguous single promo edition they were printed in, we have set this edition automatically, so you do not have to do anything. Inventory values might sometimes go up because of this, since promo prices are higher than older edition prices.

New Flags

We have added new flags: Misprint, Altered Art and Artist Proof. This is only a first step, a future release will also introduce image attachments and a notes field so that you can describe what particular kind of misprint or altered art the card has.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb6h0sg8rb8cm8i/Screenshot%202014-10-29%2015.55.38.png?dl=1

Oversized Printings

Oversized cards were introduced as separate editions, which you can see and browse here:

https://deckbox.org/editions#oversized

If there is any printing missing, please let us know in the sticky thread in the Site Feedback forum.

Other Fixes

* Fixed some card pages with special characters that were redirecting away
* Added pagination links to the bottom of the spoiler view listing, they were mistakenly removed.

Last edited by sebi (2014-10-29 14:58:23)

Re: v3.11 Flags: Oversized Misprint Altered Artist-Proof. Deprecated Promo

Nice work! big_smile

Wish I COULD fix the edition, but due to a little buggy thing that happens on my iPad, that will have to wait til I'm home & on my desktop.

Here's the bug: any card I have 4 different editions or more of, I can't change the edition when on my mobile device. Four is the threshold number. If I tap on the edition icon in edit mode when I have 1-3 editions, the box pops up for me to select an edition as it should. If there are 4 or more, however, and I tap on the edition icon (and the condition, language or extras icons too) it does nothing, just blinks for a moment. No amount of tapping brings up the selection menus after there are 4 editions present. I can change the inventory and tradelist numbers, but that's all.

Can you fix this bug? It's highly annoying! Thanks.

This is amazing. Thank you.

Xathrid Necromancer promo is not listed

sebi wrote:

New Flags

We have added new flags: Misprint, Altered Art and Artist Proof. This is only a first step, a future release will also introduce image attachments and a notes field so that you can describe what particular kind of misprint or altered art the card has.

This is so awesome! I am really looking forward to this rolling out!  Great job with the updates.

Xathrid Necromancer Promo still not added.  When I bring it up, it still shows only 1 printing available.

gamblore0 wrote:

Xathrid Necromancer Promo still not added.  When I bring it up, it still shows only 1 printing available.

Rats... RustyNails123 beat me to it.

Added Promo Xathrid Necromancer.

sebi wrote:

Added Promo Xathrid Necromancer.

Why, thank you sir.  That was pretty darn quick.

Nice. I'm not sure if you were just super-responsive to the complaints about the promo flag being deprecated or if you coincidentally had this planned to be rolled out when the issue arose, but this seems like a very thoughtful way to resolve the issue.

Except you can't sort by "is promo" if you don't use that promo tag. I still want to be able to look at all of my promo cards in one search, but now cannot.

BigCraig wrote:

Except you can't sort by "is promo" if you don't use that promo tag. I still want to be able to look at all of my promo cards in one search, but now cannot.

+1 million. If I want to see all my promos in one place, previously, it was a right pain in the ass. I had to filter inventory by "edition owned - is one of - [launch party, release event, prerelease, magic player rewards, DCI/gateway, worlds, champs, media inserts, etc., etc., etc. (...etc. There are a lot of different promo "editions")]" since there was no simple "is promo" filter until now. Now that there is one, I can easily see all my promos together with one simple filter, right? Right?! Except no, that's wrong actually, I still can't do that because you friggin' removed the promo tag from all my promo cards!!

Props for getting "is foil: FALSE" to work properly now, though.

Fantastic!!! LOVE THIS!!!

IronMagus wrote:

friggin' removed the promo tag from all my promo cards!!

Also, this broke one of my pending trades.  I have two FNM foil promo cards that were properly tagged with all the appropriate flags (FNM for the edition, with additional foil and promo tags because they are foil and they are promo cards) that had the promo tag forcibly removed, which meant the trade then included two "promo"-tagged cards that were no longer in my inventory.  I mean, it was easy enough to remedy, but you really should ask (or at least give a warning, and the option to export a collection as-is in case someone wants to keep a copy with the promo tags intact, for whatever reason) before you go mucking about with people's inventories like that.

Now, I've got the arduous task of going through all my "cards from weird-ass editions" (since they're not currently considered "promo" cards) and re-enabling the "promo" flag for all of them if I want my promo cards to actually say "promo."  Since, you know, they are.

Last edited by IronMagus (2014-10-30 01:05:59)

Please add support for the Hachette/Salvat promos. I have some Marrow-Gnawers that I'm still using the promo tag for because these aren't in the system.

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/196-rar … sions.html
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/197-rar … -deck.html
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/152-rar … sions.html

For reference. Please note that there are more decks besides the rat deck listed at the top of each page.

Edit: While I'm at it, I don't think I see any of the MPS basic land options.
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/116-rar … index.html

Last edited by Jokey665 (2014-10-30 03:45:21)

I don't see a way to mark textless basic lands as such (no textless edition)...

IronMagus wrote:

Now, I've got the arduous task of going through all my "cards from weird-ass editions" (since they're not currently considered "promo" cards) and re-enabling the "promo" flag for all of them if I want my promo cards to actually say "promo."  Since, you know, they are.

Please do not re-mark your cards as promo as the flag will be removed in the future, as posted in the announcement.

Searching for all promo cards is indeed a valid suggestion, I will add a filter for that that searches in all promo editions.

lucinpub wrote:

I don't see a way to mark textless basic lands as such (no textless edition)...

Which edition are the lands from? If zendikar, you can mark them as being from zendikar, there are even separate printings there, mouse over the image icon to see if the land images matches the one you wish to import.

IronMagus wrote:

I mean, it was easy enough to remedy, but you really should ask (or at least give a warning, and the option to export a collection as-is in case someone wants to keep a copy with the promo tags intact, for whatever reason) before you go mucking about with people's inventories like that.

I can provide you with an export of your inventory as of yesterday morning if you wish. Send an email to support@deckbox.org please in case you want it.

Hi Sebi,
I think this is largely a great move - thanks for all the continual improvements!  I would like to make a suggestion, though.  I occasionally use the promo flag as an indicator that there is something different about the card.  Maybe it's a condition issue that I would want to explain if it goes in a trade, or maybe it means I left the card somewhere and may not get it back - who knows?  The point is, it might be useful to have a catch-all generic flag that people can use however they want (and filter on it, too).  Thanks!

madoli wrote:

Hi Sebi,
I think this is largely a great move - thanks for all the continual improvements!  I would like to make a suggestion, though.  I occasionally use the promo flag as an indicator that there is something different about the card.  Maybe it's a condition issue that I would want to explain if it goes in a trade, or maybe it means I left the card somewhere and may not get it back - who knows?  The point is, it might be useful to have a catch-all generic flag that people can use however they want (and filter on it, too).  Thanks!

We'll have an editable notes field for that, where you can type whatever you'd like about the card smile.

Fantastic!  And a "has note" filter?  You're the best!

sebi wrote:

Searching for all promo cards is indeed a valid suggestion, I will add a filter for that that searches in all promo editions.

Thank you.

I marked my http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/World … ship_Decks

as Promo, but what should I mark them now?