Topic: Collection now available.

I am leaving MTG after decades of playing and living it. Most of my collection was obtained through drafting FNM's and buying boosters, so it is a pretty balanced collection. I have played and collected since Revised up to about a few months ago. While I played and collected I used Deckbox to record my collection and have maticulously sorted my collection to the point where I can find any card I own among my 34,314 (12,516 distinct) cards in about 30 seconds. Thus, after trying to get value for the collection that I have put so much time and effort into, and not willing to take 50% or less of its replacement value, here I am making the entire collection available in the DeckBox Marketplace. I am willing to entertain offers for the entire collection, however, if you are acting as a middle man and wanting to turn it around for your own profit, then you will likely not want to offer what I would accept. So, I figure my best bet is to sell the collection a card at a time. Since the collection is already entered, the hard work is already done! So please have a look!

IF you are curious about the total value, here are some as-of-now copy-and-pastes:
Total market value of cards in this set at Near Mint prices is $14,811.67. The condition-adjusted value of cards in this set is: $14,546.69.
The value of the cards (worth more than $0.51) is $9,110.80, condition-adjusted $8,898.76.
The value of the cards (worth more than $1.01) is $8,092.11, condition-adjusted $7,899.54.
The value of the cards (worth more than $2.01) is $6,923.27, condition-adjusted $6,753.24.

I did my best while entering the cards to accurately choose their condition, however, I really don't have much experience grading cards.

I'm only offering a couple shipping choices at the moment to keep things simple and am only selling to the US. Send me a message if you want to make a larger order or if you want to order outside the US.

Some personal info:
The main reason I am leaving MTG is to support my veteran wife who suffers from PTSD and anxiety disorder. Leaving her alone during FNM's just didn't make sense anymore. Now, we have our first house and are living paycheck to paycheck. So, having the equity of my collection just sitting around didn't make sense. Any cards you buy will help us out. Thank you for looking.

Thank You!
Scott
Morton, IL

Re: Collection now available.

Also, if any experienced sellers on here have suggestions on how to advertise, I would greatly appreciate the help. Are there other forums I can post on?

tichenor1 wrote:

I did my best while entering the cards to accurately choose their condition, however, I really don't have much experience grading cards.

Card Condition Guides:
http://www.starcitygames.com/content/cardconditions (Visual)
.. and here on the DeckBox
https://deckbox.org/help/card_conditions

PROFILETradelistWishlist

Thank you. Yeah, I referenced the starcity guide from time to time.

Hello there Scott,

I am the top Canadian seller (I sell also to USA) and second individual seller on deckbox. I have been selling on deckbox for more than 2 years now with a total of 258 transactions. If you have any questions, just sent them to me. Ill do my best to answer them.

Good luck in selling your collection!

Jackoqc

Thanks Jackoqc I really appreciate it.

Did you get my reply or I felt into your junkmail?

I recommend trying your luck selling on Facebook groups, too.

The high-end MtG group might be a place to start: https://www.facebook.com/groups/highendmtg/

By the way, where did you get a 50% offer? I typically received 40% offers when I shopped around. Curious who is offering more right now.

The closest to 50% that I got was at a game store that was trying to boost their collection. Unfortunately, they didn't have the capital and would have done payments. That's when I decided to do here first. I really only shopped my collection around locally.

Thanks for the Facebook suggestion. I'll check it out.