Re: Alpha testing: Details in decks

Interesting; I seem to have the premium issue described above as well (I'm a paid subscriber in the normal app, and the alpha shows that correctly, but I do not have access to any of the Premium user features). Also worth noting, the edit buttons have no dropdown for me, with the current situation. Thanks again~! Love the product.

Is the testing environment currently down? I cannot seem to access it.

ZombieSleeve wrote:

Is the testing environment currently down? I cannot seem to access it.

Might be under construction. I can login fine but the deck > edition > edit button in a doesn't work right now (FireFox).

PROFILETradelistWishlist

I made some fixes and redeployed the alpha environment today, I want to do the release on monday morning.

Still missing (to be finished later today) is the presence of the details in the csv export. It will be there for the live release though.

Some panels are still very slow, not sure why, something to do with the alpha database. Will be fine on live though.

sebi wrote:

I want to do the release on monday morning.

Hey Sebi,

So I realize the release of the new feature is imminent, but I wanted to check whether concerns #4 and #5 from my feedback would be addressed in the final version. In the current alpha environment, they don't seem to be.

#4 in particular is a major usability issue, which will cause confusion for every new user to this site. If a user own 2 of a card that are separate versions, the column should intuitively display 2, not 1. We're going to be seeing duplicate forum posts about this for the lifespan of Deckbox if care is not taken to display this important bit of info in the most clear and intuitive manner possible. I still advocate a fourth column as the solution -- the interface already easily supports that.

#5 is less of a concern, but is just a solid design choice. Having the word "Edit" on every single line is superfluous, merely adding clutter, not clarity. Simply replacing the word with the edition icon as I showed significantly cleans up the the interface, and saved space (perhaps for the 4th column mentioned above?).