Topic: Alpha testing: Details in decks

Hello all,

There are some new premium features coming up for better deck valuing, that are now available for testing, and I'd love to hear your opinion.

This first version provides the following features:

There is a new preference dropdown in the deck listing, called "Pricing", that has a new option "My Inventory" (which is the default for built decks). When set, the printing for the cards in the deck is "guessed" by picking the cheapest option you have in your inventory for that card.

Additionally, each card row in the deck listing now has an "Edit" button next to the printing, which can be used to pick:
- one of the printings you have in the inventory for that card, or
- the default printing for the card (the former default), or
- a custom printing, which you can manually edit

If one deck contains multiple printings of a certain card, the same "Edit" menu can be used to pick "Add a new row for the card", which then can be pointed to the secondary printing.

While this is still a bit of a work in progress, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. To try it out, visit http://alpha.deckbox.org , using the code "222", and login with your user. (The data on alpha.deckbox.org is copied from the live data on the website, but it is a couple of weeks old, so your decks and inventory will be slightly out of date). Any changes you make there will not transfer over to the main site, so feel free to do any changes you want smile

Re: Alpha testing: Details in decks

This is a fantastic addition and 90% of what I've been looking for in setting cards in decks!  Can we get our inventory counts added to the selection, so I can see that I have (for example) 2 Acidic Slime from M10 and 1 from Commander 2013?

Can we make this show on the card details popup from the decklist somehow?  Preferably under the Decks section, so we can see which versions are in which decks?

Just to note, I did go test and this wasn't showing anywhere other than on the decklist but that might've just been a caching problem...

Last edited by ArtosKincaid (2018-06-12 15:31:17)

I dig it! Tried it out here.

The first thing I did notice missing is that foils selected from the edit list are not showing the flashy circle icon, but the pricing is correct. It would be much preferable to look at a deck and see what is foiled out at a glance.

Hard to tell without images loading but I think the spoiler view display only the last printing
..when viewing card images of Llanowar Elves in spoiler mode I get the same image src.
http://alpha.deckbox.org/system/images/ … 443056.jpg
http://alpha.deckbox.org/system/images/ … 443056.jpg

Nonetheless a BIG upgrade from using the inline notes for a card.

PROFILETradelistWishlist

This is great. Could you expand "Export to CSV" to capture the details of each card (Edition, Condition, isFoil, etc.)?

First blush response: this looks fantastic! This is definitely a missing piece towards my ultimate idea of inventory tracking/management.

I second the request for a foil and/or artist alter indicator in the deck display.

The other premium feature I'd _love_ to see is cards in a deck's stratchpad having a different icon than those in the maindeck/sideboard. The latter I expect to be sleeved up with the rest of the deck, but not the former.

I want to give so many thumbs up for this feature. I am loving the way it is working right now, though my only complaint is that the dropdodwn is currently pretty slow to modify. Is there anyway of speeding that up, like maybe side loading in the data needed for that once the page is done loading?

Like what I see so far but curious if we will be able to view what decks a particular printing is in from the card view page?  It's great seeing what print editions are in a decklist from decklist view.  However, I find myself often needing to pinpoint location of a particular card so I pull up the particular card view page, scroll down to bottom left corner where it shows me what decks the card is in and then whether they are built or not.  Once I see what built decks the card is in, I have to currently physically go look at the cards in the deck to see what printings each deck has.  If it could be automated and show up on card view page...that would be fantastic!  Regardless, the new feature in current state would save time because at least I could look at decklist views to see what edition is in each built deck, but if you could tie it back to the card view page, well then that would be the cat's meow and save a few additional clicks.

I KNEW HAVING AN ACCURATE INVENTORY OF MY LANDS WOULD PAY OFF!

That being said, I have been asking for this since I first joined a few years back.  So excited.  I like that you can add another line if you have multiple versions of the same card in your inventory.  I don't currently have Premium (because it seems like a lot for what you currently get) but with this feature coming I would definitely spring for some Premium.

I'm not sure how the "My Inventory" pricing works though.  For example, I have a deck that contains two Conduit of Ruins, one is NM and one is LP.  When I select "My Inventory," it shows as if I only have one in my inventory and the number 2 is red like I only own one.  I guess because it uses the lowest price it will default to the LP card over the NM.  When I add another line to test, it defaults both to LP, therefore telling me I only own 1 Conduit of Ruin.  If I manually select one as NM, then it looks fine.  I think that if I add another line, it should recognize that the LP is already in the deck, and then look for the next available card I own which is the NM version.  Maybe that is too difficult.

I guess what I would expect it to do is recognize that I have two different copies of the same card, and instead of trying to default both to the same LP card, it would add another line with the NM as well.  Or in a better example, recognize that I have 4 different Lightning Bolts and not tell me that I need to buy more of the lowest costing one I own, and instead see that I own 4 different copies without me having to add a line for each manually. I hope that makes sense and honestly I'm fine with adding lines manually if that's the best way to do it.

Seems easier to just manually add the cards using the Edit button instead of trying to mass calculate the value of the decks using the pricing tool IMO

Cannot log in to alpha version via facebook, receiving an error:

{
   "error": {
      "message": "Missing client_id parameter.",
      "type": "OAuthException",
      "code": 101,
      "fbtrace_id": "D8cpNojukOJ"
   }
}

I cannot log in with FB as well and I get the same error as Ber. I assume FB Auth is not integrated into this version.

Pmintz wrote:

I guess what I would expect it to do is recognize that I have two different copies of the same card, and instead of trying to default both to the same LP card, it would add another line with the NM as well.  Or in a better example, recognize that I have 4 different Lightning Bolts and not tell me that I need to buy more of the lowest costing one I own, and instead see that I own 4 different copies without me having to add a line for each manually. I hope that makes sense and honestly I'm fine with adding lines manually if that's the best way to do it.

Seems easier to just manually add the cards using the Edit button instead of trying to mass calculate the value of the decks using the pricing tool IMO

The only thing with this is that I have 15 Cavern of Souls in 4 different decks with 3 different versions. (foil mm3, mm3, and avr). I want to make sure I know which version is in which deck.

Also I agree about expanding the column so that the foil pic is visible.
Finally while we are talking about decks, when I am creating a new deck and adding cards to the mainboard, I have to click back into the box after I add each card. while in the SB I do not. I would love to not have to do that in the MB.

Is Commander Anthology 2 being added soon to the card set list?

Jasonofindy wrote:

I was going to ask the same. big_smile

I certainly agree that there should be some indication on line for deck lists that show whether the card is foil or not.

I also completely agree that on page displaying the details for a card, it would be a huge improvement to link the inventory and 'in your decks' sections.  Often if I'm going to a page for a card, I am trying to figure out if I have enough foil copies for all of my built decks or if I'm still short.  Being able to see the details not just from the deck list, but from the card detail pages would be a huge help for how I use the site.

This is a feature that would get me back to being a premium member.

Jasonofindy wrote:

Yes please smile

I also LOVE this. As someone who spends money on premium versions of cards for my decks, I like to know how that value affects the overall deck price and to see exactly which deck it's in!

Fantastic! Been looking for this feature for a long time! looking forward to having this in production

I canceled my paid membership a while back, but this is the kind of thing that will make me rejoin.

How do I log in via non-facebook login if I registered my account with my facebook account?

Some points of feedback:

1. The "Add new row for this card" option is inconsistent about where the row gets added. The new row should always be added below the current row being edited, IMO.

2. I concur with everybody else the need to see an indicator for foil / signed / altered / etc. just like we would in Inventory.

3. I also agree with @ArtosKincaid that the Edit dropdown should include the counts for each version of the card. Currently, I have to click on the green inventory count square ("Click for more information") to see these counts, then go back to the Edit dropdown to select the version of the card that has enough available.

4. Related to the above, going from a version of the website in which the Inventory Count column shows the TOTAL count of the card (regardless of version), to one that shows only the count of that card for the selected version, is confusing. @Pmintz's post showed that this caused him confusion as well. It isn't intuitive that this column would show 1 of a card, when in fact he owns 2 of that card.

I know we're short on space for table columns, but perhaps add an additional count column -- one to show total of the card, one to show total for that version of a card? Or instead of a new column, you could use a slash -- 10/2 -- which would mean 10 total of e.g. Acidic Slime, 2 of the NM Foil M12 version?

5. Related to lack of space and the need for foil/etc indicators, I highly recommend placing the edition icon inside of the dropdown, in place of the unnecessary word "Edit". If need be, you can have reminder text at the top of that column. See the attached / linked image. https://image.ibb.co/eug0VT/Example.png

Post's attachments

Example.PNG 4.95 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

As an expansion on #3....

It would actually be great to not only see (in the Edit dropdown) how many of each version of a card we own (in Inventory), but how many are currently in built decks. Something like this:

https://image.ibb.co/g8VSAT/Example2.jpg

Post's attachments

Example2.jpg 18.24 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I am trying to use this feature and I am getting an error stating it is only for premium members. well I am a premium member and in the alpha it shows I am but it still wont let me do anything sad

however when you first posted this, I was able to use it.

Last edited by wonderdog79 (2018-06-27 14:39:38)

wonderdog79 wrote:

I am trying to use this feature and I am getting an error stating it is only for premium members.

Yep. Same issue. Premium was given to every alpha test account for testing purposes, but at least in my case, I noticed it was set to expire on the 26th. So I did all the testing I could before then.

Sad though. Kinda defeats the whole point, unless he wanted to limit how long alpha testing ran for.... Considering the alpha site is still up, though, I'm hoping he'll reactivate premium for everybody.

Premium issue on alpha should be fixed now.

Thanks for all the feedback, I am implementing & fixing things and looking to release next week.

This is exactly the feature I was hoping for! Thank you!