Re: Upcoming features

First:
Great site!

Second:
I would like some more stats about my inventory, like how many cards of the edition I have, like Urza's Saga was a 350 cards edition and I would like to know how many of those I own.
Then some stats from all editions, like "You have 2000 cards from Urza's Saga, 1666 cards from Urza's Destiny..."
Something like the graph in the "Mana curve" in tools.

Third:
When trading, I would like to get an email notification when I have a chat response on one of my ongoing trades, so I can reply quickly.
Sometimes I chat to people and get a response in a week or even later.

Just started using this, and it's really handy! (Although I end up putting cards in individually because I like separating cards by set.  That's a lot of cards hmm )

Could we get Korean added as a language option?

Thanks for the hard work!

My Tradelist          My Wishlist
Work hard, play harder, rest easy.

I love using the site, but I really need to be able to access it from my phone. I'm going back to school right now at ITT Tech in Software Development my background is in Networking and Servers, but I've been working with PHP for over 10 years. I'd be happy to help with the creation of a mobile version of the site.

Just joined, and HOLY 5H!7 is this an awesome tool, thank you. I was about to start writing my own until I stumbled upon this.

The only feature I'm lacking, which could be resolved by "Tagging / subsets in inventory" if implemented well, is viewing legality without having to visit each card's page. I know giving it a column of it's own would probably be cumbersome and take away from the clean design, but I would suggest the ability to search your inventory by legality. Then in the results page be able to mass tag/subset.

Keep up the great work

PS: If you'd like assistance, I'm a software engineer of 10yrs and would love to give my time to contribute to this project.

PunBB bbcode test

c0d3m0nk3y wrote:

Just joined, and HOLY 5H!7 is this an awesome tool, thank you. I was about to start writing my own until I stumbled upon this.

The only feature I'm lacking, which could be resolved by "Tagging / subsets in inventory" if implemented well, is viewing legality without having to visit each card's page. I know giving it a column of it's own would probably be cumbersome and take away from the clean design, but I would suggest the ability to search your inventory by legality. Then in the results page be able to mass tag/subset.

Keep up the great work

PS: If you'd like assistance, I'm a software engineer of 10yrs and would love to give my time to contribute to this project.

Actually, you can filter your cards by Format ( => legality) in the inventory by going Search & Filter, and there you can add the format filter. You have Standard, Extended, Legacy, Modern and Vintage.

http://pwp.wizards.com/8213665292/Scorecards/Landscape.png

nightride wrote:

will windows phone 7 get some love? big_smile

I second support for Windows 7 phone!

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

sebi wrote:

Mobile interface

No more printing tradelists or wishlists to take with you to FNM or your local store! Deckbox lists will be on your phone tongue

If going the mobile app route, it would be nice to be able to keep a copy of our inventory locally on the phone.  I play at a rural card shop where the data connection is useless.  I'd love to go through my Deckbox inventory online or in an app, but the lack of a good data connection means I'll still be printing lists each week, unless there is a local inventory option.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

fistyke wrote:
c0d3m0nk3y wrote:

Keep up the great work

Actually, you can filter your cards by Format ( => legality) in the inventory by going Search & Filter, and there you can add the format filter. You have Standard, Extended, Legacy, Modern and Vintage.

Yeah, I found that this morning. Don't worry, I already slapped myself on the head, lol

PunBB bbcode test

HikingStick wrote:
sebi wrote:

Mobile interface

No more printing tradelists or wishlists to take with you to FNM or your local store! Deckbox lists will be on your phone tongue

If going the mobile app route, it would be nice to be able to keep a copy of our inventory locally on the phone.  I play at a rural card shop where the data connection is useless.  I'd love to go through my Deckbox inventory online or in an app, but the lack of a good data connection means I'll still be printing lists each week, unless there is a local inventory option.

Local storage would get massive for someone with a large collection. You could export and save to your phone, every smartphone I know of has a spreadsheet app available.

PunBB bbcode test

can you not use wild cards in advanced search, ex: I want to find elf token cards, so I would enter "*elf*token*" in the Rule filter.

PunBB bbcode test

I'd love to see the ability to customize the printout a little more; after I build a deck, I need to pull the actual cards, so it would be great to be able to add fields so I can sort them like my collection is sorted (Color > Rarity > Type > Alpha, for those interested).

The workaround for now is taking a screenshot of the build screen and just printing that, but it's a little kludgy.

Also, seconded on mobile-friendly tradelist and wishlist!

Thanks for the fantastic tool!

I noticed as I started adding basic lands that my value went up by about $1k.

• Basic Land - Forest    $0.57

• Basic Land - Island    $1.43

• Basic Land - Mountain    $1.09

• Basic Land - Plains    $0.75

• Basic Snow Land - Mountain    $0.57

• Basic Snow Land - Plains    $0.46

• Basic Snow Land - Swamp    $0.53

• Basic Land - Swamp    $0.98

Any word on when prices based on card details will be available (Especially Edition)?

Thanks, and WOW, I love how easy this site is to use.
Can't wait for the mobile version. big_smile

Shahrazad - Yo Dawg! We know how much you like playing MTG, so we put a game of MTG in your game of MTG!

First off, id like to thank you for the great site, its kept me able to trade and advance my inventory while ive been unable to go to any of my LGS'es.

I would like to throw my support behind the pricing according to editions feature, my M13 Nicol Bolas isnt worth the 10$ that the trade screen says it is, but the Conflux version is. Any news on when some kind of upgrade for that might be implemented?

gmabber wrote:

Sebi, this could be your next feature (work in progress):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/149880/shot.png

The shot presents my actual inventory. Yeah, it's crude, but it's my side project I intend to get to the App Store.

PM me, please -- we need to talk legal stuff :-)

You sir may very well be my hero. Any updates on this app? id gladly partake in any kind of testing needed for it.

One other feature request:
Could you allow for an option of grouping cards by details in the card details editor?
i.e. I have 100 islands with no details.
Rather than have the card editor display 100 entries, there could be a checkbox to group entries details.
When checked, keeps track of the total next to the checkbox as well as adds an additional line for splitting out a new group.

Shahrazad - Yo Dawg! We know how much you like playing MTG, so we put a game of MTG in your game of MTG!

corvair64, Sebi is currently working on the new system for detailed cards that should greatly improve the current experience for dealing with them smile

We have Moderators?!  yikes

Also, looking forward to the next release with lots of great new features.  And sebi, my offer still stands to lend a hand if you ever need it wink

Last edited by NullParameter (2012-08-21 14:52:37)

NullParameter wrote:

We have Moderators?!  yikes

Also, looking forward to the next release with lots of great new features.  And sebi, my offer still stands to lend a hand if you ever need it wink

We do have some moderators. Laura's title though was wrong, now it's fixed.

Although come to think of it, it should say "The Boss" actually wink

First thing, since this is my first post on here, I want to say that this is an amazing tool and you have done an excellent job putting it together.

Feature suggestion:
When I (as well as some of my friends) buy a prebuilt deck we copy and paste the card list from the MTG site into the bulk uploader. The hurdle that we face with this is that it's difficult to enter the edition and other information for these cards because we then need to go find all the cards and modify them one-by-one (this is especially painful when we have duplicates that we have already done this for). What we would like to see is an option in the bulk uploader to set all of the cards to a specific edition, condition, etc.

Russb87 wrote:

First thing, since this is my first post on here, I want to say that this is an amazing tool and you have done an excellent job putting it together.

Feature suggestion:
When I (as well as some of my friends) buy a prebuilt deck we copy and paste the card list from the MTG site into the bulk uploader. The hurdle that we face with this is that it's difficult to enter the edition and other information for these cards because we then need to go find all the cards and modify them one-by-one (this is especially painful when we have duplicates that we have already done this for). What we would like to see is an option in the bulk uploader to set all of the cards to a specific edition, condition, etc.

It's coming. This september on a website near you. smile

(I thought that would sound better than it actually does big_smile)

Russb87 wrote:

Feature suggestion:

In the meantime, if you do the bulk uploader, you should then be able to sort your inventory by date added to at least get the rows modified/added at the top of the list. You'll still have to do the details manually, but thought I'd mention that, in case you're not aware.

MMJuno wrote:
Russb87 wrote:

Feature suggestion:

In the meantime, if you do the bulk uploader, you should then be able to sort your inventory by date added to at least get the rows modified/added at the top of the list. You'll still have to do the details manually, but thought I'd mention that, in case you're not aware.

Yea, that's how we have been doing it. Thanks for the tip though.

Ok... So I was thinking (this is dangerous stuff, I know). A nice feature would be to allow the users some sort of SQL interface to run custom queries (just basic select statements with "where" clauses and maybe some joins). This is assuming you are using a SQL database of some sort. Honestly, I'm more comfortable running a SQL query than I am using the existing filter system when I am searching for something.

I know I can export to excel and then load it into my own database and do the same thing but that requires me to update my database every time I update deckbox (which I have a script to do now anyway).

Also, I noticed that if I export after I filter it still exports my whole inventory.

Russb87 wrote:

Ok... So I was thinking (this is dangerous stuff, I know). A nice feature would be to allow the users some sort of SQL interface to run custom queries (just basic select statements with "where" clauses and maybe some joins). This is assuming you are using a SQL database of some sort. Honestly, I'm more comfortable running a SQL query than I am using the existing filter system when I am searching for something.

You can do that using magiccards.info/search.html

Jorn86 wrote:
Russb87 wrote:

You can do that using magiccards.info/search.html

I love that site but I meant more like actual select and join statements. Can you do that there? I didn't see anything where I could do that from there. I know that this is something that would be difficult to implement from a security standpoint but to get rather specific sets of data it would be nice.

Actually... Thinking about it I'm not sure that it can be practically implemented, we don't know the table names, we don't know the real column names, and we don't know the table schema(s). NVM, I guess it was one of those floating thoughts that I should have tossed away.

--->

gmabber wrote:

http://ajfek.pl/mlc-banner.gif

LOL, like we android users have had for awhile now (with even more features)? Seems to make sense to join up and do a port rather than reinvent the wheel. Maybe you could even bring an inventory feature to the project? wink

https://code.google.com/p/mtg-familiar/