Topic: H: Domri Rade W: 2 Xenagos, the Reveler + Bulk Rare(s)

Hello,

I have a Domri Rade, but I really don't have much of a use for him. Decks that would benefit most from him are not decks I really would consider playing.

I definitely want 2x Xenagos, the Reveler for him, but in addition, I'd like some sort of arrangement we both feel fair out of this (in order of priority):

4x Reaper of the Wilds
1x Mizzium Mortars
1x Deadbridge Chant
2x Bow of Nylea
3x Anger of the Gods
3x High Priest of Penance
1x Angelic Destiny
4x Detention Sphere
3x Ajani's Chosen
1x Blind Obedience
2x Assemble of the Legion

(I'll update this list as I think of more - I try to keep cards less than $5 off my wishlist)

Last edited by CodeRed (2014-02-13 16:58:39)

Re: H: Domri Rade W: 2 Xenagos, the Reveler + Bulk Rare(s)

I wish people would give me free value like what you're wanting.

baller wrote:

I wish people would give me free value like what you're wanting.

After rotation, Xenagos should go down by $2-4. Domri will either continue to go up or stay where he is. A couple years down the line the trade will be just about fair. The prices of Watery Graves will likely go down just after rotation, too, but will probably come back up and stabilize. The junk rares...they will continue to go down. If I ever need a Domri in a couple of years, I will look at this trade and kick myself. Think of it like trading USD for gold before the economic crisis.

Oh, and Wild Nacatl just got unbanned. Good showings for Zoo running any number of Domris will help his case.

You can price your trade however you want.  It's your thread.

That said, if you don't get any offers, it's safe to say its because people don't see 30% as a reasonable premium.

Can I give you $0 for all your cards?  In 100 years that's probably what they'll be worth.  What ever happened to the actually current value of cards?

I'm interested, but don't have much available to trade towards it. Here's what I've got:

My:
206x Storm Crow ($0.16 x 206 = $32.96)

Your:
1x Domri Rade ($25.01)

Let me know

PhillipW wrote:

I'm interested, but don't have much available to trade towards it. Here's what I've got:

My:
206x Storm Crow ($0.16 x 206 = $32.96)

Your:
1x Domri Rade ($25.01)

Let me know

Not gonna lie, if you actually have 206 storm crown, i might be interested in making a trade?

Guys, please don't harass him on his valuation.  It's one of the rules of this forum.

I'm sorry if I fanned the flame, CodeRed.

Nevpicasso wrote:

Guys, please don't harass him on his valuation.  It's one of the rules of this forum.

^^this^^

How is it harassing when we make an offer?  Everyone's entitled to their opinion.  He doesn't have to accept our offer.

People always think about where a card will be in the future. I personally think if you want a domri and have the cheaper stuff this is fine. Nobody around me has domris for trade.

Nevpicasso wrote:

I'm sorry if I fanned the flame, CodeRed.

Very true ^^ except he did ask for everyones thoughts so it should be allowed. tongue

What you are asking for isn't too unreasonable value wise, but its VERY specific. I think you may have a hard time finding someone with the exact cards you want plus wanting a domri.

Mattssacre wrote:

How is it harassing when we make an offer?  Everyone's entitled to their opinion.  He doesn't have to accept our offer.

It is harassment because everything that was said was in sarcasm, meant to make the OP think that he is unreasonable. Let the actual trade responses sort that out. I've seen more than one thread change its idea of value because of the lack of offers.

Also, to OP:

I would say that since the guy trading a Xenagos is probably moving out of G/R you may have a hard time trading a G/R Walker to them. And with your valuation differences I would be open to different trades if you are serious about getting a response. Such specificity makes for a lonely trade roster. Been there myself.

Last edited by AmarusCameron (2014-02-12 16:05:09)

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

Mattssacre wrote:

Because you responded like a dick.  It's possible to tell someone that he's being unreasonable without insulting him.

tjdrake719 wrote:

What you are asking for isn't too unreasonable value wise, but its VERY specific. I think you may have a hard time finding someone with the exact cards you want plus wanting a domri.

It's true. I wanted to expand my target demographic by adding the second configuration, but I know it didn't help much. I will try and think of other bulk rares that would be satisfying enough for me to trade for.

AmarusCameron wrote:

I would say that since the guy trading a Xenagos is probably moving out of G/R you may have a hard time trading a G/R Walker to them. And with your valuation differences I would be open to different trades if you are serious about getting a response. Such specificity makes for a lonely trade roster. Been there myself.

This is something I didn't consider. I wasn't thinking in terms of colors, but in terms of deck types. Like you said, someone is more likely to have a Xenagos when they like playing red/green and wouldn't want to give it up to get another red/green card when they really want both.

Last edited by CodeRed (2014-02-13 13:48:22)

I will just mention that the extra value you are asking for is generally a similar proportion that people might expect for trading standard cards into legacy or modern cards.  While Domri does see a bit of Modern play, much of his current price is still being held up by Standard.

Given the feedback, I've updated my post to be less specific. I've left the specifics of the trade to be determined by the trader and I. I am still looking to trade down for more value.