Re: v3.6: Multi-printing cards, dashboard changes, proxy sell rules

Mistbeaver wrote:

I'd like to see the cards for trade with other users as the home page.

Choose stream -> interesting cards for trade.

rubishod wrote:
Mistbeaver wrote:

I'd like to see the cards for trade with other users as the home page.

Choose stream -> interesting cards for trade.

I want it to be the default, not me having to switch it every time.

gumgodMTG wrote:

First off, this update is awesome.  I love having the various arts available!

Strict matching however seems to be broken, or rather even with it selected it's showing me matches that are not exact when looking at someone's profile.  Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it.

Glad you like it! Strict matching is fixed now.

TheWorldHatesPaul wrote:

Also in the image you will see that the prices for the You Need column are no longer displayed. I found those useful when comparing two different versions of a card. Will these prices return?  Thanks!

They are back now.

beacon wrote:

well sure but can't we paginate once every 100 results then? nobody likes to click back and forth through 5 pages when setting up a trade.

I upped it to 25 right now, as a temporary solution. Thinking of maybe putting a dropdown with a "per page" option that can be set from 10 to 100, and saved per user. Pherhaps also can be done in the normal set listings, but that needs a lot of testing, the limitation to 30 is there for 6 years now, there might be side effects.

rubishod wrote:

[...] If 100 line items would 'never finish' can one page be 99 line items for less than never?

I am willing to listen and respond to any and all feedback, and I appreaciate it a lot! But sarcasm and negativity just make me not want to discuss things anymore.

Mistbeaver wrote:

I'm thinking pherhaps it would be a good idea to just merge all 3 streams in one, and provide a multi-select preference dropdown where everyone can set which of the events he would like to see. What do you think?

sebi wrote:
Mistbeaver wrote:

I'm thinking pherhaps it would be a good idea to just merge all 3 streams in one, and provide a multi-select preference dropdown where everyone can set which of the events he would like to see. What do you think?

I personally don't mind it being three separate pages, but it also was fine on one page before.  If you keep it as three maybe make it sticky so the one you had selected is the one that loads next time, or set a default preference?  If you go back to one, it would be nice to be able to re-order which one shows at the top.  To me though this is a minor thing.

Also thanks for working on strict matching so quickly.  It appears to still be broken though for the cards that that person needs from me.  (So the top half is fixed, but the bottom half still shows non-strict matches).

Also that sort by edition issue is bothersome.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-08-12 12:59:03)

The "next" button isn't working for me in chrome or firefox when trying to view the second or later "pages" of a tradelist when viewing someone's profile under "trading opportunities".

Fixed remaining issue with strict matching & a paging bug I just introduced, as quickly noticed by rfioren smile

"Interesting cards for trade" used to only show items I had flagged, but now it seems to show anything from my wish list. 

I like to prioritize cards, and my priorities change as I brew up new things in my head.  So I keep a long wish list (to help me match/even out trades), but only actively seek out specific cards.  The flagging feature used to help with this.  Now I'm not sure what flagging cards even does.  Also previously I flagged things that were harder to find.  Lots of people are opening new sets and new cards flood my "interesting cards for trade" section where previously it would show older cards or specific cards I wanted.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-08-16 14:17:19)

Congrats on the new update. Can we get the edition/picture selector in the deckbuilder too? Currently we can't choose an edition there. It's important for seeing the overall price of decks. Thanks!

sebi wrote:

I upped it to 25 right now, as a temporary solution. Thinking of maybe putting a dropdown with a "per page" option that can be set from 10 to 100, and saved per user. Pherhaps also can be done in the normal set listings, but that needs a lot of testing, the limitation to 30 is there for 6 years now, there might be side effects.

What about having a user setting where people can set the pagination that they want deckbox.org to use?

rastem wrote:

Congrats on the new update. Can we get the edition/picture selector in the deckbuilder too? Currently we can't choose an edition there. It's important for seeing the overall price of decks. Thanks!

terrafrost wrote:

What about having a user setting where people can set the pagination that they want deckbox.org to use?

It's amazing to me how many people don't bother to read for a minute before posting something that's already been said a dozen times.

Kammikaze wrote:
rastem wrote:

terrafrost wrote:

It's amazing to me how many people don't bother to read for a minute before posting something that's already been said a dozen times.

I joined deckbox to participate in a trade and was going to comment on this as well. And I have to say... your attitude makes me want to leave already.

So it's been said a dozen times? Where? In a dozen different topics? I guess people can't comment until they've read all 88,673 posts on this forum out of fear that what they might have said might have already been posted?

If you wanted to be helpful you could say "see [this post]" but that's not what you did. Instead you're just a snide little piece of shit.

Just my two cents. I'm outta here.

starford wrote:
Kammikaze wrote:
rastem wrote:

terrafrost wrote:

I joined deckbox to participate in a trade and was going to comment on this as well. And I have to say... your attitude makes me want to leave already.

So it's been said a dozen times? Where? In a dozen different topics? I guess people can't comment until they've read all 88,673 posts on this forum out of fear that what they might have said might have already been posted?

If you wanted to be helpful you could say "see [this post]" but that's not what you did. Instead you're just a snide little piece of shit.

Inventory Management / Labels / Specific cards in decks etc is the most talked about feature / feature request on these forums. The first sticky in the Site Feedback and discussion forum is "Upcoming Feature: Inventory Improvements - Tags (or Labels)." I don't know how much more easily found it needs to be before people stop asking about it.

Pagination has already been talked about previously even on this same page as well as on the first page of this thread. Scrolling up is hard.

This isn't a Deckbox issue, it's a forum issue. More like a "lazy people that use the internet" issue.

Thanks for the insult. I'm glad I can get under people's skin on the internet; I am so proud of myself.

sebi wrote:
Mistbeaver wrote:

The way it was before this update with all 3 was perfect.

Kammikaze wrote:

Even though some of these things have been requested before, the more in demand they are, the more likely that they will be addressed.  Simply pointing to the sticky, or ignoring this post would have probably been more constructive.

Kammikaze wrote:
wonderdog79 wrote:

While i am at it, the following are showing as commons but i believe they are uncommons:

clockwork gnomes
clockwork steed
Chandler
coral reef
greater werewolf
jinx
joven
joven's ferrets
serra paladin

These are all commons.

Well then i guess it wont do any good to rant about some commons only having one version.

but the other part still needs to be fixed:

some of the cards from homelands are only showing one version (perhaps even all of them). i have listed the ones i have found:

Giant albatross
Torture
reef pirates
Aysen Bureaucrats

starford wrote:
Kammikaze wrote:
rastem wrote:

terrafrost wrote:

it was mentioned in this thread, just read back one page. cheers.

Is there anyway to exclude foils when looking at trading opportunities.  I am not a big fan of foils and because of the price sort foils rise to the top when looking for people to trade with instead of people who have alot of the cards I am looking for which would be more useful.

Updated fixes & changes:
- Bumped trading opportunities & purchase opportunities pagination to 25 per page instead of 10
- removed confusing 'Indifferent' option for foil filter
- Fixed sorting of cards by Edition Owned
- You can only see the value of your own inventory and wishlist anymore. Total values for other users are hidden, for privacy and security reasons.
- Fixed various issues with the new streams, duplication of comment reports & deck modification events.

The amount of work that goes into this is amazing. Thank you so much to the whole Deckbox team!

just noticed a bug. When I go to edit a card in my inventory, it automatically assigns cards without a version to the most recent version. Can we not have it do that?

thanks for all your work Sebi and Co!

Fixed Homelands printings not showing correct images, and added collector numbers for them. (For Aysen Bureaucrats, Torture, Giant Albatross, Reef Pirates).

Added
  - mising Arena League lands
  - missing lands from the European Land Program
  - missing lands from the Asia Pacific Land Program
  - SDCC 2014 promos

sebi wrote:

Fixed Homelands printings not showing correct images, and added collector numbers for them. (For Aysen Bureaucrats, Torture, Giant Albatross, Reef Pirates).

Added
  - mising Arena League lands
  - missing lands from the European Land Program
  - missing lands from the Asia Pacific Land Program
  - SDCC 2014 promos

Awesome!   We need a Thumbs up button in the forum so I can "like" your post without commenting.  smile

Since I commented anyway, I'll say that the sort by edition still did some weird things.  I had some cards marked as no edition when sorting even though I'd had the edition previously specified.  This was less than a page of cards and simply hitting edit and apply put the correct editions back on them, but I thought it was odd.  Also they no longer seemed to be alphabetized after sorting by edition.  (I believe each set used to be in alphabetic order after sorting by edition, now that order seems random).

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-08-16 16:28:16)