Topic: v3.6: Multi-printing cards, dashboard changes, proxy sell rules

Handling of separate card printings per edition

An often requested feature was the ability to not only specify a card's edition, but the exact printing it has in an edition. Some cases, like Zendikar lands, and rarer cards were especially problematic because of this.

We have fixed this now, and edition selectors everywhere list all printings of cards. There is also a little 'picture' icon with a mouseover effect in there, so you can easier identify the exact printing you wish to set, even if you do not know the card number.

This is on the surface a not a very big change, but it actually was a big pre-requisite for other features (tags & multiple inventories & edition checklists etc etc), and also a bit tricky to change. Now that it is out of the way, we're ready to tackle the next cool stuff!

User Dashboard Cleanups

As promised, we have started to fix some issues with the activity streams displayed on dashboard, and clean it up a bit in the process.

The main news stream is now the only one shown by default, and you can switch to the Interesting cards for trade and Interesting cards from sellers via the dropdown on the top right of the stream.

We are by all means NOT finished with this, making the dashboard contain informative information is one of our bigger goals.

In this regard, we'd like to ask you what would you like to see on your News Stream?

Rule and Policy Changes

Wizards of the Coast seem to be cracking down on sellers of proxies, it is against their rules. So we, as a marketplace, have to abide as well.

We have added a rule (nr 5.) on our Card Sale Rules (http://deckbox.org/help/sale_rules) that specifies that proxy sales are forbidden.

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/tcg/re … cardpolicy

Other Fixes & Enhancements

- Improved the sellers list on a card's page, it is now paginated and filterable (http://deckbox.org/mtg/Mountain?printin … ab=sellers)
  - Fixed an annoying bug where you were unable to add some cards to a trade when you had more than 10 printings of a certain card (https://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15762)
  - Added placeholder icons for collectors edition and other missing ones
  - Fixed issue with deck import cards input - it was not stripping whitespace in some cases.
  - Fixed trade indicator icon only showing up for a single card in a trade (in wishlists & inventories)
  - Fixed issue with detailed cards panel & splitting counts (https://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php … 413#p94413)
  - Fixed some price calculations in the trading opportunities results and user intersection pages, that were slightly misleading in some cases. (https://deckbox.org/forum/post.php?tid=21854)

Competitive Magic

The Pro Tour for Magic 2015 has finished last weekend, and we posted about it on the competitive forum & community (https://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=20507). Congratulations to Ivan Floch for winning, with his UW Control.

Re: v3.6: Multi-printing cards, dashboard changes, proxy sell rules

Clicking on "My Profile" seems to just bring me to my homepage with the stream on it.

Also, the only reason I was clicking on My Profile was because I was hoping to be able to set it permanently to the stream I want rather than each time.

In general, I liked being able to see all 3 streams (News, Trades, Sales) at once. I prefer the old way. (But I like how it's more clearly broken up by date now.)

yearofglad wrote:

Clicking on "My Profile" seems to just bring me to my homepage with the stream on it.

This is correct. I made a mess of it by using a lot of terms for the same thing: 'your profile', 'your homepage' or 'the dashboard' all refer to the same thing actually, which now contains the activity streams.

In general, I liked being able to see all 3 streams (News, Trades, Sales) at once. I prefer the old way. (But I like how it's more clearly broken up by date now.)

I thought that there might be users who wanted it in the same place, and I think a possible solution would be to have entries in the current "News Stream" with an "abstract" of trading oppportunities:

For ex for today you'd see:

New interesting cards to trade: Mountain, Lightning Bolt, Black Lotus. <link>Click here</link> to see more.

And the link from "Click here" would take you to the other stream which actually shows more info - who added them, at what time, what kind of details those cards have... (printing, condition etc).

How does this sound?

Also worth noting, we do want to add more things in the news stream, but there will also be a preferences select where you can say which things you want to see there and which you do not. (e.g. if you are not interested in what decks your friend made or changed recently, or not interested in competitive magic news or whatnot).

Also fixed an issue for sellers, where a buyer was able to add more cards than max_cards for some shipping options.

sebi wrote:

I thought that there might be users who wanted it in the same place, and I think a possible solution would be to have entries in the current "News Stream" with an "abstract" of trading oppportunities:

For ex for today you'd see:

New interesting cards to trade: Mountain, Lightning Bolt, Black Lotus. <link>Click here</link> to see more.

Well, for me that doesn't really accomplish much - I have very few things on my wishlist and so can't really imagine a situation in which I would NOT "click here to see more." If a card I want is newly-listed and available for trade, 99% of the time I'm going to want more information on that card. Making me click a link to get that info is mildly annoying, I suppose.

Thanks for the clarification on "My Profile." I had actually confused its function with the "Edit Profile and Settings" on the left-hand sidebar. The "My Profile" button does, in fact, do exactly what it should do - it was early in the morning.

Hi, with this change I can no longer add cards (single cards, the list metod still work) with edition "blank" (eg cards of the Hachette sets), or import a .csv file with a card with blank edition in it.
Can you fix it?

Thanks

Last edited by Ryukai (2014-08-10 18:04:19)

All cards in all lists now show the Common set symbol, instead of the appropriate rarity. The rarity is also gone from the tooltip. Sorting by rarity still works.

Is there any way to make use of the important cards feature anymore? The interesting cards feature is nice, but I'm not always wanting to trade for everything on my wishlist. I'd love to be able to focus that by checking important cards again. Any hope for that in the near future?

Ryukai wrote:

Hi, with this change I can no longer add cards (single cards, the list metod still work) with edition "blank" (eg cards of the Hachette sets), or import a .csv file with a card with blank edition in it.
Can you fix it?

Thanks

For now I have solved deleting the "," in the .csv file when a card haven't edition (using a formula in Excel)

When I add cards manually it takes the cards I already have listed as "blank" in the edition, and changes them to the latest.. Is there any way to change this back to leave them blank if I want them to be?

joeysola wrote:

When I add cards manually it takes the cards I already have listed as "blank" in the edition, and changes them to the latest.. Is there any way to change this back to leave them blank if I want them to be?

I agree. This also causes an issue where trying to trade or receive a certain card in the trading opportunities page gives far fewer results because many people's wishlists don't specify a version, but the trading page requires that I select a version of the card -- so I'm missing all of the people that don't care about the version.

I also liked having the prices of other versions of the cards viewable. I found it helpful to know if the version of a card I was trading for was more or less expensive than the version I had specified.

sebi wrote:

Handling of separate card printings per edition

An often requested feature was the ability to not only specify a card's edition, but the exact printing it has in an edition. Some cases, like Zendikar lands, and rarer cards were especially problematic because of this.

We have fixed this now, and edition selectors everywhere list all printings of cards. There is also a little 'picture' icon with a mouseover effect in there, so you can easier identify the exact printing you wish to set, even if you do not know the card number.

This is on the surface a not a very big change, but it actually was a big pre-requisite for other features (tags & multiple inventories & edition checklists etc etc), and also a bit tricky to change. Now that it is out of the way, we're ready to tackle the next cool stuff!

That's great to hear - been looking forward to this feature!

But...

I tried to add an Island from Arena right now and...  there are 9x Arena Islands, as detailed on starcitygames.com:

http://sales.starcitygames.com/spoiler/ … %5D=NM%2FM

There are additionally 3x "Asia Pacific Land Program" Islands and 3x "European Land Program" cards, despite deckbox.org thinking there's only 1x.

edit: I guess others have noticed this too:

https://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21878

Last edited by terrafrost (2014-08-11 05:22:08)

Fixed:
- spoiler view issues in inventories
- import widget now allows to specify an unknown edition again (also in trading opportunities filters)
- fixed edition symbols in decks & card database to be appropriate for card's rarity

SDCC 2014 please tongue

First off, this update is awesome.  I love having the various arts available!

Strict matching however seems to be broken, or rather even with it selected it's showing me matches that are not exact when looking at someone's profile.  Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it.

https://deckbox.org/forum/misc.php?item=323&amp;download=0

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-08-11 13:11:02)

Post's attachments

strictmatchbroken.jpg 45.26 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

really not a fan of the multi-page trading opportunities on people's profiles. i'd rather just see one big list with everything i need.

beacon wrote:

really not a fan of the multi-page trading opportunities on people's profiles. i'd rather just see one big list with everything i need.

Sadly there needs to be some form of pagination, or otherwise if someone has all 1000 cards in your wishlist, the page would never finish loading smile

" - Improved the sellers list on a card's page, it is now paginated"

Pages is not an improvement.  I can think of no thing that benefits from splitting data out into multiple pages and listings vs. a single list.  I find this very inconvenient.

If I open a new trade with someone I need that list in a separate window anyway, reminding me of the cards we match.  Now the cards that match are (uselessly?) sorted into small pages of data, instead of an actual list.

Unless there is a way to import 'trading opportunities' directly into a new trade, I feel I am missing something.

Subnote: is there any way to control how many items are listed into a page of data?  Why is my inventory limited to 30 per page?  It would be fantastic, especially considering multiple line items per single card with multiple printings, to be able to view 100 items, 250 items per page?  Or filter to reduce line item of inventory to show total number of cards and a tooltip describes each printing?

It seems updates are making it harder to sort and trade my inventory, which is the main reason I've an account.

EDIT: Saw Sebi's reply.  I don't think 'never finish' is an accurate time estimation, but there is most likely a serverload/loadtime vs. total line item count that should be calculated.  I don't think 15 is the magic number, can we raise it to 30?  50?  100?  If 100 line items would 'never finish' can one page be 99 line items for less than never?

Last edited by rubishod (2014-08-11 15:15:31)

sebi wrote:
beacon wrote:

Sadly there needs to be some form of pagination, or otherwise if someone has all 1000 cards in your wishlist, the page would never finish loading smile

well sure but can't we paginate once every 100 results then? nobody likes to click back and forth through 5 pages when setting up a trade.

Also in the image you will see that the prices for the You Need column are no longer displayed. I found those useful when comparing two different versions of a card. Will these prices return?  Thanks!

gumgodMTG wrote:

https://deckbox.org/forum/misc.php?item=323&amp;download=0

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

When clicking sort by edition, it sort buy the edition the card was last printed in, as opposed to what edition the card is listed as. 

When moving cards to the sideboard, sometimes if will not allow you to click the red down arrow to move cards, instead it selects the card and checks the box on the far left.

A useful feature to add would be the ability to identify which printing is in which deck, for example being able to show that the foil island you have is in a certain deck, and not every deck that has an island.

This would also be useful for the approximate deck value, which shows values that are not based on the cards in your inventory.

some of the cards from homelands are only showing one version. i have listed the ones i have found:

Giant albatross
Torture
reef pirates
Aysen Bureaucrats

While i am at it, the following are showing as commons but i believe they are uncommons:

clockwork gnomes
clockwork steed
Chandler
coral reef
greater werewolf
jinx
joven
joven's ferrets
serra paladin

wonderdog79 wrote:

While i am at it, the following are showing as commons but i believe they are uncommons:

clockwork gnomes
clockwork steed
Chandler
coral reef
greater werewolf
jinx
joven
joven's ferrets
serra paladin

These are all commons.

I'd like to see the cards for trade with other users as the home page.

Was really useful and frankly I don't really care about other users who signed up in my area.