Re: v3.9 Accepting Trades now removes cards from your inventory & wishlist

i agree with the two posts above but dont want to quote twice big_smile

i love this new feature. still a small issue when i am trading for the same card. it doesnt update in trade B that i already obtained the card in trade A. other than that I LOVE IT!!!

you need a raise!

Thanks a lot!  I appreciate your hard work!

sebi wrote:
LovesTha wrote:

I guess the next biggest item on my person wish list: Being able to view the history (when it was confirmed, addresses exchanged, cards sent/received) of a trade after it is completed.

You can see now when cards were sent & received on completed trades. Not accepted & addresses confirmed though.

Sweet. Those are the most important details smile

Not sure if this is related to other issues, but I just received a trade that was started before the update and it added two copies of each card to my inventory instead of one.

thraxst wrote:

Not sure if this is related to other issues, but I just received a trade that was started before the update and it added two copies of each card to my inventory instead of one.

I can confirm this. Happened to a trade I received today, but not to one I received yesterday.

thraxst wrote:

Fixed now, thank you for reporting.

The market suggestions on my profile seem to be pulling cards out of an open trade that I have (showing me that I can buy some of the commons and uncommons I'm trying to trade away).  These are not cards on my wish list, but rather cards that are on my trade list.  I'm not sure this is the intended behavior of the suggestions.

https://deckbox.org/forum/misc.php?item=357&download=0

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-10-08 12:44:02)

Post's attachments

regress.JPG 63.67 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Are there plans to also remove items from your wishlist when you make a purchase from someone else? (before you actually receive the cards)?

gumgodMTG wrote:

The market suggestions on my profile seem to be pulling cards out of an open trade that I have (showing me that I can buy some of the commons and uncommons I'm trying to trade away).  These are not cards on my wish list, but rather cards that are on my trade list.  I'm not sure this is the intended behavior of the suggestions.

I don't think that it pays any attention to whether those cards are that are on any of your lists.

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

Chaim wrote:
gumgodMTG wrote:

I don't think that it pays any attention to whether those cards are that are on any of your lists.

I think you're right, I just thought it was odd, and that maybe it was showing things I had recently looked at or loaded as a page, but not things that were actually relevant or something I'd want to buy.  I reloaded several times this morning and all of the cards it had suggested were things I had in that trade.  Sebi if you're trying to stalk me and suggest things you're doing it wrong.  big_smile

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-10-08 18:09:57)

gumgodMTG wrote:

Sebi if you're trying to stalk me and suggest things you're doing it wrong.  big_smile

So how would you do it? big_smile

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

Question -- what happens in the following scenario:

I have one Lightning Bolt (for example) in my collection. I make several (let's say two) proposals offering this same card up for trade. Both of thm are accepted. With one of them, I confirm my address and send the Lightning Bolt. I no longer have a Lightning Bolt in my possession. With the other one, I cancel the trade and...one Lightning Bolt is added back onto my inventory and tradelist? Or...dot dot dot, question marks?

Trades cannot be accepted anymore unless all cards in them are available in the inventory and tradelist.

Hence, when the first trade for your lightning bolt is accepted, the Lightning Bolt is removed. The second trade cannot be accepted anymore unless you add a new ligthing bolt to your inventory.

gumgodMTG wrote:

I think you're right, I just thought it was odd, and that maybe it was showing things I had recently looked at or loaded as a page, but not things that were actually relevant or something I'd want to buy.  I reloaded several times this morning and all of the cards it had suggested were things I had in that trade.  Sebi if you're trying to stalk me and suggest things you're doing it wrong.  big_smile

Correct, it shows things sometimes that you looked at. Perhaps if you already have a wishlist it should not do that smile

sebi wrote:
gumgodMTG wrote:

Correct, it shows things sometimes that you looked at. Perhaps if you already have a wishlist it should not do that smile

Ah, it does make sense now.  It had not occurred to me that there are people here without wish lists.  big_smile  I'm so used to using the site for trading, not just inventory management.

I am very happy about this change. this makes card management so much easier and makes intuitive sense (and had previously said I did not like the new card detail page, I was stupid that page is great! just took time to grow on me)

Chaim wrote:

So how would you do it? big_smile

I think offering cards that are looked at is fine, but you should compare them to cards in the trade list first.  In other words assuming that the data (cardName or cardIDNumber) is stored in a table something like this?

SELECT cardName
FROM lookedAtRecently
WHERE cardName NOT IN
    (SELECT cardName
     FROM tradeList)

And of course put a limit (maybe 30 or so) so you're not pulling way more data than you need.  Then you can pick a random one from this array so that you're not showing the last card looked at.  In the event that you get a null set on that maybe something random from top cards?

It's also now showing me my own cards for sale as I just went through a bunch of blue commons and added them.  That's cool I guess, maybe it means other people will see my listings too.  big_smile

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-10-11 13:35:57)

sebi wrote:

- trade is proposed
- trade is accepted [cards from both sides are removed from inventories & wishlists]
- addresses confirmed
- person A sends [nothing happens to sets]
- person B receives [cards he received are added to his inventory]

I like this as a general idea, but it would be even better if you could set the highlighted parts as an option. I don't want to keep my complete inventory on deckbox (for reasons of my own), just what is in my trade binders. If I trade for a card, it would be added to my inventory, while it is likely I do not want that as it doesn't go into my trade binder. I remember vaguely that deckbox used to ask after a trade if I wanted to add/remove cards automatically and I've always said no, because the one time I said yes I ended up promising people cards I didn't have for trade; causing me a loss because I had to buy those cards.

> http://deckbox.org/users/Rainar
> Trading with anyone in Europe!