Topic: PSA: Winter mail flood! Please read and be aware!

Hey there folks!

As we are nearing the end of the year, we are presented with a couple of our (for most of us) favorite holidays!  Christmas and New Year's Eve bring a lot of fun times, but they also bring something else... mail delays!

If you aren't aware of this already, over the next six to eight weeks, please be advised that there can, and will be delays in mail delivery, as there is a large rush of gifts being mailed, parcel and letter alike!  This may also bring a higher than normal chance that mail could be lost in the process.

If you plan to continue business as usual, it would be in both parties best interest to ensure tracking is used on any trade made until the new year.

Just thought to let everyone know.  Have a good day everyone!  Happy trading!

Last edited by Kei_Asaki (2013-11-16 23:16:06)

Re: PSA: Winter mail flood! Please read and be aware!

thank you for the heads up

Hup!

Hup!

This seems like relevant and worthy advice.  Maybe we can get a mod to sticky it until the end of the year?

My Profile | Tradelist | Wishlist

Always looking for cards for my cube.  Current wishlist priorities include the last 2 Zendikar Fetches and 3 Swords I need to finish the cycles.

Yes I found this most helpful, thanks Kei!

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

Always interested in expeditions, invocations, foil full art lands, and reserved list

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this!

Thanks for the heads up, second the request for a mod sticky.

Thanks for the responses folks.  Happy to know that people are seeing this. big_smile

I just don't want anyone to get screwed over during the holiday season. smile

Just wanted to add that weather in certain areas is really screwing things up.  Several of my trades as well as packages I've sent for ebay sales are taking 10+ days for first class.  I highly suggest using tracking to be extra safe.  Just a heads up for people getting worried about missing cards.

I'm a bit new to the whole process in general. Theres a trade I have right now where the other person received my cards and then sent out his. However, the tracking  number he provided shows that the scheduled delivery was for the 20th of december, yet the tracking itself shows no progress after the 19th. It never left his state after a single transfer through a sort facility.

Is this a sign of a lost/damaged package or is this just some simple mail delay issues? Its coming from pennsylvania to michigan.

In this case, what is the proper/expected etiquette? Does the other party send back my cards? or do they simply do a paypal/tcgplayer purchase for the cards? or am I just SOL in this case?

shrimants wrote:

I'm a bit new to the whole process in general. Theres a trade I have right now where the other person received my cards and then sent out his. However, the tracking  number he provided shows that the scheduled delivery was for the 20th of december, yet the tracking itself shows no progress after the 19th. It never left his state after a single transfer through a sort facility.

Is this a sign of a lost/damaged package or is this just some simple mail delay issues? Its coming from pennsylvania to michigan.

In this case, what is the proper/expected etiquette? Does the other party send back my cards? or do they simply do a paypal/tcgplayer purchase for the cards? or am I just SOL in this case?

This is very likely just a mail delay. I had a package at the beginning of December that was 'lost' for a bit. I dropped it in a drop box and then nothing showed up on the tracking for 4 days before it started populating and was eventually delivered. The USPS is going to be experiencing heavy delays until the middle of January, so just bear with them!

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

UnstableFlux wrote:

This is very likely just a mail delay. I had a package at the beginning of December that was 'lost' for a bit. I dropped it in a drop box and then nothing showed up on the tracking for 4 days before it started populating and was eventually delivered. The USPS is going to be experiencing heavy delays until the middle of January, so just bear with them!

Excellent. This also gives me more time to stew over my upcoming deck configuration and to actually play my blue/white deck before blowing it up in favor of the new green/white deck.