Topic: new feature: Add missing cards in deck to wishlist

Hello,

A new premium feature was deployed today, that you can find the Tools menu in your decks. "Add missing to Wishlist" will present a list of the cards in the deck that are missing from your inventory with the ability to add them all at once to your wishlist.

In the dialog that comes up you can also choose to set minimum conditions to all cards, or a default language before adding them to the wishlist, or even to exactly specify the printings of the cards, to match what you have in the deck.

Let me know what you think!

Re: new feature: Add missing cards in deck to wishlist

This is a great addition. Thanks!

Thank you, this is a great addition to the site.  Now I create "binder" decks and use them to manage my binder inventory vs. wishlist more effectively.

Awesome!!!

Super fantastic choclatey awesome feature!

PROFILETradelistWishlist

One question: Will this feature respect a card over multiple decks?

If I have 3 decks, wanting 4 of the same card, and I only have 11, when I use this feature will it add 1 copy of that card to my wish list for the deck the one card is missing from?

Example

Deck A needs 4 Arcbound Ravager and has 4 assigned to it.
Deck B needs 4 Arcbound Ravager and has 4 assigned to it.
Deck C needs 4 Arcbound Ravager, but only has 3 assigned to it.  If I use this feature on Deck C, will it add 1 Arcbound Ravager to my wishlist (assuming of course, I have my account set NOT to share cards across decks).

malachite wrote:

Nope, sadly there are too many edge cases and ambiguities to be able to correctly guess what is missing. When using it you see the counts in your inventory and built decks still, so you have to manually adjust the counts in those ambiguous cases.

sebi wrote:
malachite wrote:

Nope, sadly there are too many edge cases and ambiguities to be able to correctly guess what is missing. When using it you see the counts in your inventory and built decks still, so you have to manually adjust the counts in those ambiguous cases.

Ya, I thought so.  Unfortunately, decks don't actually assign specific cards but just a count.  So deckbox knows I have 11 of the card, and that I need 12, but doesn't know where the missing card needs to go.

The reason I ask is that I want to be able to use DeckBox not only to track my decks (which currently works pretty good except in the above use case) but also to track binders (which are a special type of deck).

This begs the question:  What does the "Shared card" feature actually provide?  How does this affect DeckBox functionality?

I did setup the following decks in my profile to test this scenario, using a card from Spark

https://deckbox.org/sets/2338910
https://deckbox.org/sets/2338915
https://deckbox.org/sets/2338916

malachite wrote:

This begs the question:  What does the "Shared card" feature actually provide?  How does this affect DeckBox functionality?

You mean the "i share cards between decks" flag? It does not change any functionality directly, but the counts are shown in a different way (for example "count of this card in all built decks" becomes a max between your built decks instead of a sum).

But it does make for some "guesses" to be clear though, since if you share cards between decks, and you have 4 mountains in inventory and 3 in a certain deck, it is crystal clear you need another mountain.

Your example, without "sharing between decks" when you have 4, 4, 4 in decks, 11 in inventory, you don't actually know where exactly is the "missing" card... in which deck is it missing? Not clear, and with the current system you also can't actually specify. sad

malachite wrote:
sebi wrote:
malachite wrote:

Ya, I thought so.  Unfortunately, decks don't actually assign specific cards but just a count.  So deckbox knows I have 11 of the card, and that I need 12, but doesn't know where the missing card needs to go.

The reason I ask is that I want to be able to use DeckBox not only to track my decks (which currently works pretty good except in the above use case) but also to track binders (which are a special type of deck).

I did setup the following decks in my profile to test this scenario, using a card from Spark

https://deckbox.org/sets/2338910
https://deckbox.org/sets/2338915
https://deckbox.org/sets/2338916

Would it be possible to add a feature to the Inventory page to adjust the wishlist accordingly?  I now see my inventory page does indeed know that I have 11 but need 12.  If it had the ability to adjust the wishlist number to 1, for selected cards, that would be AMAZING and would be an easy fix for this issue and yet another way to populate your wishlist.

malachite wrote:

Would it be possible to add a feature to the Inventory page to adjust the wishlist accordingly?  I now see my inventory page does indeed know that I have 11 but need 12.  If it had the ability to adjust the wishlist number to 1, for selected cards, that would be AMAZING and would be an easy fix for this issue and yet another way to populate your wishlist.

You can adjust it already, if you click on the wishlist count, simply add a card in your wishlist from the panel that opens.

I would love to see this type of feature on the edition page so that we could add cards missing. I love to collect play sets of 4 so would want the ability to wish list 4-[myCount]. My guess is that others would just want the ability to wish up to 1 where they have none. Thanks for listening!

Joe