Topic: Details in decks (printing, foil, etc)

Hello all,

In today's update comes a long-awaited feature: the ability to better specify exact printings and details of cards in decks, and some quality-of-life features that make it a bit easier to see which printings in your inventory you are using in your decks.

This first version provides the following features:

There is a new preference dropdown in the deck listing, called "Pricing", that has a new option "My Inventory" (which is the default for built decks). When set, the printing for the cards in the deck is "guessed" by picking the cheapest option you have in your inventory for that card.

Additionally, each card row in the deck listing now has an "Edit" button next to the printing, which can be used to pick:
- one of the printings you have in the inventory for that card, or
- the default printing for the card (the former default), or
- a custom printing, which you can manually edit

If one deck contains multiple printings of a certain card, the same "Edit" menu can be used to pick "Add a new row for the card", which then can be pointed to the secondary printing.

Feedback is appreciated as always!

Last edited by sebi (2018-07-28 11:43:07)

Re: Details in decks (printing, foil, etc)

Thanks for getting this feature rolled out.

Clicking on the "Edit" drop-down doesn't do anything for me.  I tried both Firefox and Chrome.  Are other people able to set the edition?

psrex wrote:

Clicking on the "Edit" drop-down doesn't do anything for me.  I tried both Firefox and Chrome.  Are other people able to set the edition?

It's premium-only, the button should be disabled and have a tooltip explaining, the tooltip is buggy I think. I thought of not putting the button there at all for free accounts, but I thought that way people would not know that even such a possibility exists until they upgrade to premium....

Now this is great! Thanks for adding this feature, looking forward to trying it out.

What are the chances there is a feature on the way/in existence that will, while building a deck, tell me if given card I own is already in another deck I've marked as "Built"?

Grayclay wrote:

What are the chances there is a feature on the way/in existence that will, while building a deck, tell me if given card I own is already in another deck I've marked as "Built"?

It does, simply enable the "Decks Count" from the Columns dropdown in the deck listing. Then you get a number, and clicking that shows the deck panel with all your decks with that card.

sebi wrote:
Grayclay wrote:

It does, simply enable the "Decks Count" from the Columns dropdown in the deck listing. Then you get a number, and clicking that shows the deck panel with all your decks with that card.

Is this a premium feature? I just enabled it and nothing changed on my view.

Grayclay wrote:
sebi wrote:
Grayclay wrote:

Is this a premium feature? I just enabled it and nothing changed on my view.

Yes, this is premium.

Amazing, Sebi! This feature might convince me it is worth my time to trade on deckbox again, allowing me to confidently mark all cards for trade that are not in built decks without worrying about conditions and sets (once I get all my decks entered in). Thank you for all the wonderful things you do to keep improving the site!

Excellent premium feature. Runs nice and speedy on the main server.

Minor bugs [updated]:
- When moving a card using "Sideboard One" or "Move to Scratchpad".. the card reverts to the default edition.
- When viewing the list while logged out the price display is correct but the editions are inaccurate in the deck listing [ https://deckbox.org/sets/###### ]

Last edited by FastTadpole (2018-07-26 04:31:00)

PROFILETradelistWishlist

I've been mulling building my own site for exactly this feature.  You've saved me a whole lot of effort smile

Great update! Thanks. smile

New features sound cool. If I have 3 MM versions of Dark Confidant and a Ravnica versions as well. Will my deck be able to show case both editions?  Same holds true for my Urzatron variant lands?  If it can't, will these be implemented in the future?

As always, keep up the great work

TechnicolorMage wrote:

New features sound cool. If I have 3 MM versions of Dark Confidant and a Ravnica versions as well. Will my deck be able to show case both editions?

Yep! Click the "Edit" button and choose "Add new row". You'll have two rows of Dark Confidant, and can set the editions (and counts) separately for each row.

sebi wrote:

I will also add a bit later today 1 week of trial available for all free accounts as well so that they can also test this.

I would love to do some more testing of the features. I hope my feedback has been useful thus far! I don't see an option in account settings or on the Premium page to enable the free trial. Will you be updating this thread once this extra week has been made available?

meldon44 wrote:
sebi wrote:

I will also add a bit later today 1 week of trial available for all free accounts as well so that they can also test this.

I would love to do some more testing of the features. I hope my feedback has been useful thus far! I don't see an option in account settings or on the Premium page to enable the free trial. Will you be updating this thread once this extra week has been made available?

Thanks for explaining about how the multi line system works and the free trial sounds promising and I am looking forward to trying it out

Thanks for the update Sebi, great to see improvements coming.

One question: Does it not show the count in red if you don't have enough for all your built decks? For example, I have 2 "built" decks, one with one badlands, and one with 2. I only have 2, but neither is giving me any warning that I don't have enough copies in inventory for both decks at the same time. I added the decklist count column, so I see the 3 in decks, next to the two total count, however I would think that 3 should be highlighted in red, the same way it would be if I didn't have enough copies of the card in inventory for it. Did I do something wrong? Or does it not work this way?

epicwally wrote:

One question: Does it not show the count in red if you don't have enough for all your built decks?

It didn't, but now it does, thanks for the suggestion smile

Oh, neat, I've been hoping for something like this! Question on one of the interface details - when I pick an edition of a card, the inventory count goes from a single number to an X/Y pair (some of them are X/Y pairs already). Y is obviously the total owned, but what's X? It's not the number available, and it seems to be 0 most of the time.

memnus wrote:

Oh, neat, I've been hoping for something like this! Question on one of the interface details - when I pick an edition of a card, the inventory count goes from a single number to an X/Y pair (some of them are X/Y pairs already). Y is obviously the total owned, but what's X? It's not the number available, and it seems to be 0 most of the time.

It's the number of cards in the inventory with those exact details (printing, condition etc).

sebi wrote:

It's the number of cards in the inventory with those exact details (printing, condition etc).

Ah, then it's not working correctly for me - I'm choosing lines specifically from my inventory, so I definitely have more than zero of that exact card, but it's still showing 0. Call this a bug report?

memnus wrote:
sebi wrote:

Ah, then it's not working correctly for me - I'm choosing lines specifically from my inventory, so I definitely have more than zero of that exact card, but it's still showing 0. Call this a bug report?

I am seeing the exact same behavior.  I wasn't earlier, and some things are occasionally showing up but most of them are not.

Could you check now? Should be fixed.

sebi wrote:

Looks like it's working properly again, thanks!

Also, a huge thanks for this feature, it's something I've been dreaming about having since you introduced premium.

sebi wrote:

It is working now. the only thing I see that is odd is that it show 2/15 for my unlimited lightning bolts however I only have 2 in my inventory for that set. pretty sure the 15 is all printings. not sure if that was intentional or not but personally id rather it show 2/2.

Also when I "add a new line" it doesn't split the total number, it adds an additional card to my deck. i.e. add one new line for lightning bolt now there are 5 in my deck. can that be resolved?