Topic: v4.4: User notes & blocking. Sealed product. Address formatting.

New Premium Features: Notes on users, user blocking.

As part of the premium account, it is now possible to make notes on other users, to help remember details for possible future trades. The notes are edited and displayed when you visit the other user's profile, and are not visible to other users.

If you make a note about someone, you will afterward see a little icon next to their name when shown in listings (such as Trading Opportunities, marketplace, etc). Hover over the little note icon to see what you previously noted.

Additionally, if you had a bad experience with someone and do not wish to receive trade proposals or emails from them, you can block them, via an option in the menu when you visit their profile. This will have the following effects:

- you will not see them in Trading Opportunities, Shopping Assistant, or the marketplace.
- they will not be able to email you
- they will not be able to propose trades to you

The ability to buy & sell sealed products on the Deckbox Marketplace

https://deckbox.org/market/mtg_products

Sellers will have to add extra shipping options for parcels, and then they can our brand-new and super user friendly interface to input information about their stocks and prices smile

The seller fees for sealed products are much lower than for singles, sitting at 2.5%. As far as we know, it's the cheapest anywhere smile

The Marketplace pages will get a facelift as well for an upcoming release, so that it's more user friendly for buyers to find products they need.

Other Changes

- Added a "European" address formatting option, where state is not used, and the zip code comes before the city. Edit an existing address to change the display format.
- Fixed wordpress tooltip plugin for 4.x Wordpress versions
- fixed a bug in the mobile trade display, that was not showing correct totals

As always, looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers!

Re: v4.4: User notes & blocking. Sealed product. Address formatting.

Looks good!  Very promising!

Glorious!

User notes is a neat feature, and is getting close to the real killer app that premium needs. Although seeing "you need to be premium to use this feature" everywhere is getting a bit obtrusive.

As a normal user, is there a way to add sealed products to your inventory?  I see the sealed product listed in the marketplace, but not how to add it to my inventory.

Great stuff, thanks Sebi!

One more thing that would be nice and relates to the notes feature... If I've traded with a user in the past, it would be great to have a quick view of that. Even if I have to click into their refs, perhaps MY trades with them could be moved to the first page? It would be nice to see previous trades without having to page through and try to find them.

sebi wrote:

Additionally, if you had a bad experience with someone and do not wish to receive trade proposals or emails from them, you can block them, via an option in the menu when you visit their profile. This will have the following effects:

- you will not see them in Trading Opportunities, Shopping Assistant, or the marketplace.
- they will not be able to email you
- they will not be able to propose trades to you

Good stuff! Can someone I block can still buy things from me?

Last edited by d72B (2015-10-19 18:41:34)

After looking at what "sealed" product is available now on Deckbox I'm wondering: what is the intent of this feature? Is it literally for only FACTORY SEALED products or can sellers list parts like this:

• list an Intro Pack with a note that says the boosters have been removed

• list an Fat Pack with a note that says it's just the box, booklet, and spindown

• list a Booster with a note that says it's a repack...

d72B wrote:

After looking at what "sealed" product is available now on Deckbox I'm wondering: what is the intent of this feature? Is it literally for only FACTORY SEALED products or can sellers list parts like this:

• list an Fat Pack with a note that says it's just the box, booklet, and spindown

I thought it was obvious that sealed means factory sealed and not tampered with.  People who are listing non sealed products should have their sales removed.

Last edited by postal (2015-10-19 19:29:00)

postal wrote:
d72B wrote:

I thought it was obvious that sealed means factory sealed and not tampered with.

That's why he's bringing it up, because someone has stuff listed that isn't factory sealed.

This is an awesome feature.  big_smile

As usual I found a minor bug. 
FTV: Angels is showing the wrong graphic for me.  I was looking at the page and wondering why the Zendikar vs Eldrazi duel deck was $60...  Or rather, I think it's supposed to be the duel deck based on how it's categorized, but the description says that it is from the vault angels.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2015-10-19 20:02:01)

I've been wanting something similar to this.  There are plenty of users who appear at the top of my trade opportunities, but I know they aren't interested in doing a trade with me.  I'll use this feature to filter them out.  I don't want to actually block them from proposing a trade, but this will do for now.  Thanks!

Edit: does it take time to see people get removed from trading opportunities? I blocked someone and theyre still there.  Also, it would be good to be able to see a list of everyone we blocked.

Last edited by madoli (2015-10-19 22:25:09)

psrex wrote:

As a normal user, is there a way to add sealed products to your inventory?  I see the sealed product listed in the marketplace, but not how to add it to my inventory.

Only sellers right now. Would that be something you'd be interested in? Do you collect sealed as well?

sebi wrote:
psrex wrote:

Only sellers right now. Would that be something you'd be interested in? Do you collect sealed as well?

I know I would be. I am only a trader( though not a premium member) but I have sealed products that I might be interested in trading.

sebi wrote:
psrex wrote:

I'd definitely be interested.  I don't really actively collect sealed products, but I do have a number of them and it looks like this could easily track them.  For me this would be Command decks, Planechase decks, FTV sets, booster boxes, booster packs, etc.

@djhitman I want to add something like that soon, and need to cleanup the trades page anyway a little.

@d72B Right now yes, but perhaps it would make sense to not allow them to?

@gumgodMTG fixed FTV: Angels & Eldrazi duel deck confusion

@madoli Yep, sorry for the bug. Fixed now, they will not show up.

Awesome - thanks, Sebi

sebi wrote:

@d72B Right now yes, but perhaps it would make sense to not allow them to?

Yes, please give sellers the ability to block buyers. Otherwise they would have to cancel the order and be vulnerable to negative feedback.

d72B wrote:

Sebi, still looking for an answer to this please ^

d72B wrote:

Yes, please give sellers the ability to block buyers. Otherwise they would have to cancel the order and be vulnerable to negative feedback.

Makes sense, done now.

d72B wrote:

I'd like it to be used for all those cases too ideally. Perhaps right now it's not clear enough for buyers that some of the products are not exactly factory sealed. If that is the case I will try to highlight the notes a bit more...

Excellent! Thank you Sebi for protecting sellers and for clarifying the "sealed" product question.

One quick idea to prevent buyer confusion is to duplicate each product and prefix the name with "FACTORY SEALED" or "OPENED" (or even "NEW" and "USED"), e.g. Instead of "Battle for Zendikar - Fat Pack" have "FACTORY SEALED Battle for Zendikar - Fat Pack" and "OPENED Battle for Zendikar - Fat Pack". Perhaps a warning banner could be displayed when viewing "OPENED ..." listings that instructs the viewer to look at the listing's notes for details. I'm sure you could come up with something more elegant, but this quick fix could prevent confusion in the meantime.

Last edited by d72B (2015-10-22 17:28:06)

Howdy Sebi,

I love these features. As for some of the comments, i would love the ability to list my sealed product in my inventory. right now i have to just add one of each via the edition checklist and that gets a bit confusing. I would also love to trade away and trade for sealed product. Although my thought would be that it may be difficult to add a price for the product. most of the sealed product (except booster packs and boxes) dont really have a going rate except ebay prices. we could add what we value it at (like when we list to sell them) then it could be negotiated between the trade partners.

We do collect sealed products, and would love the opportunity to add those to our inventory/tradelist here on Deckbox! +1 to such a feature request.

Edit: To Wonderdog79's point, there are numerous retailers that keep stock of out of print packs. Best example of this is www.abugames.com, which has packs of just about every set ever released available for purchase.

Last edited by AuspSqueeky (2015-10-23 14:40:40)

Update (and FYI to anyone looking to manage their trading opportunities) - I tried using the "block user" feature to clear my trading opportunities page of people who don't really want to trade even though I have stuff on their wishlist.  Bad idea, since there is no way to see a list of people you block (might want to unblock after your tradelist changes).  Instead, I see that adding a note makes a little icon appear next to the user's name any time you see it, including the trading opps page.  Awesome, Sebi!  That totally works for me.

On a related note, two suggestions for the trading opportunities page. 
1. Tie it to your settings - since I've specified I'll only ship in the US, I would love it if trading opportunities only showed people in my country by default.
2. I think you (Sebi) should consider defaulting the trading opps to include people with 0 feedback.  That makes it more likely that new users will get trade proposals.  The more trading that happens on the site, the more deeply people become engaged with it.  All to the good!

Anyway, thanks for all the great work!

@AuspSqueeky - thinking about adding this. needs a bit of work though to support two counts (inventory and for trade) and other small things. perhaps i'll enable it for premium users in a future release.

@madoli Appreciate the feedback! Will consider the 0 feedback idea too.

sebi wrote:

@AuspSqueeky - thinking about adding this. needs a bit of work though to support two counts (inventory and for trade) and other small things. perhaps i'll enable it for premium users in a future release.

@madoli Appreciate the feedback! Will consider the 0 feedback idea too.

Perhaps the default could be 0, but let the users be able to overwrite their own default?